MMA May - The Flying Dutchman

I don't think Nog meant the comment in the way you and so many others are taking it. Correct me if I am wrong, but he called Mir's BJJ game "simple yet effective." Rickson Gracie considers his BJJ game very simple, it just means he uses very rudimentary techniques which he has mastered in order to defeat opponents.

Agreed.

Plus you have to understand that English isn't Nog's first language.

Also, even if Nog meant to be disrespectful by his comments, you can't blame the guy for being bitter because let's face it, Herb Dean cost him that fight more so than anything else.

I may be taking it as something more as a diehard Mir fan but I heard it as him saying his ground game is simply yet effective and then separately saying he's not very good(in general). Idk he just sounded like a bitter, sore loser to me which threw me off.

In other news James Wilks retired due to risk of high risk of paralysis from some neck issues. Not that anyone will really care he's gone but it always sucks when a fighter is forced to retire because of injuries, look at Edge. Hope he continues to stay involved in the sport and doesn't end up hurting himself.

Estima and Renzo have also issued statements. On my phone so I can't post them, but they are both on the UG.

Chael's book comes out today... my copy is coming via Amazon tomorrow.

Chael also told me he'd be more than happy to autograph it for me, which I'm psyched over.

Featherweights should be a fixture on Fox shows. KZ vs Aldo on Fox would be absolute fireworks

Without a doubt, Aldo and Zombie always bring it, it be impossible to see them fight boring.

Also Cerrone is lookin for a fight with Pettis, that'd be a blast!

No, we've already seen that fight. UFC needs to do Pettis/Alvarez as planned.

As much as I can't stand the guy, Cerrone does deserve a spot on the Denver card like he wants. I say match him up with Jim Miller. Would root hard for Miller in that fight, though I think he would be the underdog.

Speaking of Lightweights, the UFC needs to book Gomi again already. Sean Sherk is waiting in the wings... Gomi vs. Sherk makes complete sense, and for me, is a very winnable fight for Gomi. Book it, Silva.

I love both Sherk and Gomi. But I think Sherk would take it with his superior wrestling. I wouldn't count Gomi out though. Anyone who strikes like he does has a real shot of winning. But I think Sherk will ground Gomi for three rounds.

I swear I was just thinking about that match up the other day, Gomi vs Sherk would kick ass. Either guy could take it but id pick Sherk, I love Gomi but Sean's my boy, decision.

Less than a week after losing to Pudzianowski in 40 seconds, Bob Sapp lost to Soa Paleilei in 12 seconds.

Lamentable Dust Man indeed.

Poor Ernesto Hoost. One of the greatest kickboxers to ever grace a ring lost twice to that joke.

And to the surprise of absolutely nobody, Faber vs. Barao at UFC 148.

Good God, that's going to be a great fight, and I have a feeling Barao will take it.

See this car right here?

xf5fso_medium.jpg

It's been totaled after Jon Jones drunkenly wrapped it around a pole.

This is a shitty day for the UFC... Jones is supposed to be the face of the sport after all.

Also, Jesus, here's what he said after getting sponsored by the UFC. Jon, you dumbass!

"I’m glad the UFC wanted to work with me as well, and I think that they trust that I’ll never make them look bad. You never have to worry about me with a DWI or doing something crazy"

I could not be more dissapointed right now. I have been one of the few Jones supporters over the past year and he just totally fucked me, the fans, ant the UFC over. The UFC needs to make a stand with a drastic punishment, this is fucking unacceptable.

Josh Neer didn't get punished for his DUI and Rampage didn't get any punishment for his literal rampage on the streets of LA.

Dana will rip Jones a new one, but it won't be publicly, that's for sure.

What they did previously does not matter. Right now, they need to make a statement. Jones needs to be punished, they need to show the public that they won't stand for this. For both the sake of the UFC and the sake of Jon Jones, he needs to be punished

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back