• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MMA November - Anderson The Turkey is Ducking Chael. What a Chicken.

From the results I read, Fedor never seemed interested in going after a finish in the fight, he was just content to stay ahead.

I trust you hate him as much as GSP now? ;)

The results mislead you a bit then. It was because Fedor was trying to finish why he came off like he was playing it safe, if that makes any sense. You see, as good as Monson is on the ground, he's not catching someone like Fedor off his back because of his size. However, he'll do enough to survive, and Fedor knew this. On the feet, though, I don't think Fedor thought Monson had it in him to do enough to survive, so Fedor kept the fight there. And trust me, every upper-cut and overhand right Fedor threw was with the intent of knocking Monson's head off.

It was nice to see Fedor show a little patience, though. If he had that patience in the Werdum and Hendo fights, there's no doubt those would have gone much differently than they did.

Welp, looks like Sonnen will be fighting again before the Anderson fight then. Hopefully he fights Vitor Belfort to determine the next in line, since both guys want another shot.

Very happy to see Fedor pick up a much needed win, I don't care if he didnt finsh Monson, he still kicked ass.

As for Sonnen fighting again I'm not concerned about him losing just upset we have to wait longer, Vitor makes sense but he's got Rumble in Brazil so that might cause a problem. The only other that makes sense would be Munoz, I wouldn't be surprised to see that and it would make for an interesting fight.

So, the UFC will not have an event this weekend for the first time in a month :(

However! There will be MMA that I neglected to mention in the OP.

PUDZIANOWSKI VS THOMPSON II

8GEHF.jpg

On a serious note, there has been a fund set up for Dan Miller's son's surgery, which will allow him to live a normal life. I plan on donating, you all should donate whatever you can.

http://danieljamesmillerfoundation.wordpress.com/

As many in the MMA community now know, UFC Middleweight Dan Miller and his wife have endured more pain and loss than a parent should ever have to with the passing of their first child and now their son, Danny Jr., battling a potentially fatal disease known as Polycystic Kidney Disease. While Danny is now scheduled for a transplant which will allow him to come off dialysis for the first time, the costs of the surgery for his living donor and Danny's anti-rejection medication are high. Friends and family of the Millers have set up a foundation in Danny's name and fundraising is beginning with an MMA seminar December 3rd in Whippany, NJ in order to help raise the money needed to let Danny finally live the normal life every child deserves. I encourage you to visit the page and read up on Danny and PKD. A non-profit organization is accepting tax-deductable donations for those who can not attend the seminar and the blog will be updated in the coming weeks with information about UFC-worn gear and autographed memorabilia up for auction and raffle. Every donation plays a part in helping change a child’s life for the better.

Donated $20 just now and will probably end up donating more. I cannot imagine what that family has gone through. I'm sure Dana and the UFC will give a hefty amount of money as well.

I'll donate as much as I can too, I would do so for any fighter but especially with it being Dan. I love that guy and he's such a genuine dude, really hope that alot of people chip in on this to help a warriors son.

Also apparently Hendo was so zapped cardio wise(aside from the pace and all those punches) because he had a chest cold for a week coming into the fight and was so dehydrated after the fight that he needed IV fluids after the fight. He picked up a sprained thumb during the fight as well, he and Shogun both picked up the longest medical suspensions with 180 days and Shogun might have a facial and skull fracture. I'm still in a sort of fight high after watching that fight, those guys are both two of the toughest motherfuckers on the planet.

I told my Fiance about The Miller family's situation and she is going to have her sorority raise money and donate it to the fund since her sorority's philanthropy stuff is already directed at the American Kidney Foundation.

Also Kendall Grove vs Minowa Man is gonna be at Pro Elite 3.

Miller is a great dude, and one of my trainer's trains with him at AMA and is very close friends with him; I haven't gotten a chance to talk to him about it yet, but he must be pretty upset. I'm probably going to donate as soon as I can, and can only hope for something good to come out of it. Great fighter, great guy, and great family guy Dan really is, and he's in my thoughts.

To be honest, I don't get why any fans have had to donate anything at this point. The UFC should have taken care of this as soon as they heard the news. It's chump change for them.

Also Kendall Grove vs Minowa Man is gonna be at Pro Elite 3.

LOL... wow, that's an, uhh, interesting match-up to say the least.

Grove vs. Minowa will be amazing. Not in a great fight kind of way, just a freak show kind of way. Can't wait to see that one go down.

Vadim Finkelstein, the head of M-1 Global, told the Russian media today:

“We are ready to move forward and offer the deal to UFC. M-1 is ready to take all organizational duties and make fight Fedor Emelianenko – Cain Velasquez in Moscow in 2012.”

“I can guarantee that gates will be at least at the same level as in US, and live attendance can even break all current records. M-1 is ready to co-operation and we would like to discuss about any possibilities to make this tournament happen.”

M-1 is also dropping the "Co-Promotion" clause that kept them from signing with the UFC last time they were negotiating Fedor to fight with the company.

Hopefully this happens.

With Sonnen/Munoz on for UFC on Fox II, the thread title rings true.

Nah, come on man... Anderson is injured, plain and simple. I'm sure Chael could have waited to fight, but instead he decided to stay active. Props to him.

Though, I have no idea why the UFC didn't take advantage of the situation and simply made Anderson and Chael the coaches for the upcoming Ultimate Fighter season for their debut on FX. Nobody wants to fucking see Faber/Cruz... Anderson/Chael would have done wonders for the show.

I see no possible way to victory for Munoz.

Agreed. If Munoz gets on top, Chael will be in some serious trouble, but I just don't see that happening.

With Sonnen/Munoz on for UFC on Fox II, the thread title rings true.

I see no possible way to victory for Munoz.

Yes, Munoz's wrestling has translated poorly into MMA. I actually read on MMAFIGHTING that Munoz only completes like 20 % of his takedowns which is piss poor for anyone let alone a wrestler.

Just looked it up, 23% he completes, yet his TD defense is 61% which is fairly good. He's obviously going to have to improve against a guy like Sonnen though to have a chance in that fight.

I may have made a mistake by saying Big Sexy's hatred of Tebow is the most embarrassing hatred of somebody I have ever seen. Guy is certainly is making a run for that title.

Did Anderson Silva rape your mother or something? Or did Chael Sonnen save your child from a burning house?

Good thing that burning house doesn't have good BJJ or that child would have been fucked.

See, it's a joke. We like to have fun here.

Bu really...Anderson was supposed to be out until January...now all the sudden it's until June? With no word on what his injury is...because before it was just Bursitis which isn't a huge deal with that long of a layoff. I rarely say a fighter is ducking another one...but it looks really sketchy for Anderson. Similarly, it's looked sketchy when Jones keeps having these weird surgery scares and the fight with Evans is put on hold. Probably all circumstantial but still...weird.

I don't like the Chael vs Munoz fight at all. You get one contender while killing another one. Chael deserves the rematch, Munoz deserves a number one contender fight with the winner of Sonnen/Silva 2. I'd put Munoz against the winner of the Bisping/Miller fight with the winner getting a title shot before 2012 is over. That sets up the year and gives guys like Belfort, Johnson and Palhares time to build a bit more. If you only get one contender out of Sonnen/Munoz than who is after them? Bisping or Miller gets the next shot? I can see Bisping getting it but not Miller. I also think they offered a quick path to a title shot for Rumble if he moved up. He's marketable and not a safe bet at WW with all the strong wrestlers.

Some funny B-League stuff happened last night.

Pudzianowski won a questionable decision over James Thompson in the rematch of the century. After the match, Thompson went ballistic, claiming KSW is going "down the fucking toilet".

War Machine TKO'ed Roger Huerta. Huerta's pretty much done at this point.

Also, in Bellator, the main even for the heavyweight tournament final was ruled a no contest due to an "accidental" kick (or punt) to the groin.

http://www.fightvideomma.com/2011/11/thiago-santos-vs-eric-prindle-fight.html

You guys can decide for yourselves, but there is no doubt in my mind that was not accidental and Prindle deserved a DQ win.

Also, when you see a 10 year army veteran tearing up on national TV, you know how hard that kick was.

Certainly doesn't look accidental to me. If that was an accident, I'd love to know what Santos was aiming for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back