MMA November - Anderson The Turkey is Ducking Chael. What a Chicken.

So, Shinjo, let gets an idea of your taste. Who are your favorite fighters? Also, what are your opinions on the following names:

Jon Fitch
Chael Sonnen
Nick Diaz
Fedor Emelianenko

Sorry, JW i've been a hella busy man these past few months. I simply dont have time to write out long posts. I'll attempt to find time this week. As for over-saturation of the product, the ppv's haven't done bad numbers this year. They've been pretty good actually. Just nothing ground breaking like we all want.

No worries at all Fizz, I definitely feel ya. If I wasn out of work and training right now I wouldnt have the time either, just feels like the last few cards the PPV threads have gone down in posts and popularity in general. Hopefully that's going to change in the near future since it looks like we have atleast one new addition to the MMA crew.

Well, after Floyd Mayweather expressed interest in fighting Pac on May 5th, Arum has already denied that. Says they are pursuing a fourth fight with Marquez.

I know it will get spun around to be Mayweather's fault yet again by ignorant people, but it's pretty clear Pac and Arum do not want this fight.

Well, after Floyd Mayweather expressed interest in fighting Pac on May 5th, Arum has already denied that. Says they are pursuing a fourth fight with Marquez.

I know it will get spun around to be Mayweather's fault yet again by ignorant people, but it's pretty clear Pac and Arum do not want this fight.

It was clear to me a long time ago.

Rousimar Palhares vs. Mike Massenzio is on for UFC 142.

Hope Massenzio enjoys his ability to walk for a couple more months. Seems like a huge downgrade for Palhares though. I was hoping he'd get CB Dollaway next because that would be a funny fight.

You know I will, must say though has been disappointing having the only people posting in there be you and me. Especially after the last one, I put a shit ton of time into that one thinking it was gonna get hit like crazy, no such luck.

Like Fizzy, lack of free time has been killing me over the last few months. I really wish I could contribute more to the MMA Section :(

I think lack of time is killing everyone. I am so impressed with myself for getting 139 up way early, even though it probably set me back in what I really should have gotten done. School is a bitch right now but it ends soon and the MMA section will be getting some major love. We've got end of the year awards coming up after all. :p

If I were Pac I wouldn't want that fight either, especiallly after the Marquez fight.

Rousimar may bring new meaning to the term taking his leg home with him, he may literally take Massenzio's leg to Brazil and continue to live under a bridge like a troll.

Everyone has definitely been busy lately, and priorities do come before an MMA forum but as soon as all my shit is out of the way in the coming months I will have my ass at the computer tearin shit up in our section, it is a shame though how few people we get in here on a regular basis. I love our group of guys here but it'd be nice to get some more traffic in here for some good debating.

Lastly, Erick Koch vs Dustin Poirier at UFC 143. :icon_mrgreen:

Oh and something that pissed me off, the contenders pack that you get when you pre order Undisputed 3. It includes Nick Diaz and Mayhem Miller who were both guys who came to the UFC too late to be added to the regular roster and I get that, but why the FUCK are Brian Stann and Phil Davis in it is well? They were both well established contenders when the roster was being done, why the late additions?? I mean I would preorder it anyway to ensure I have it on time and to get Nick and Mayhem, but they really didnt already have Phil and Brian in the game, really?

The anticipation to play as Gomi, Diaz, and Kid is almost unbearable. Pride mode will also be amazing and probably the only mode I end up playing on after a certain point.

I didn't even realize there was a 3rd Undisputed coming out. Just watched a gameplay video, and I came away HIGHLY impressed.

I wonder if I'll be done with Skyrim by then. It's still 3 months away from being released, so it will be close.

Nick Diaz vs Takanori Gomi in Pride mode, shame Randleman won't be in the game otherwise I'd be using Shogun to sub the fuck out of him faster than a straight guy would run from chandella powell. Dude I will be so excited for every aspect of that game that I may have a seizure, when I get it I probably wont leave my room for a week. First thing I'm doing is Donald Cerrone vs Ben Henderson rubber match ;)

Nick Diaz vs Takanori Gomi in Pride mode, shame Randleman won't be in the game otherwise I'd be using Shogun to sub the fuck out of him faster than a straight guy would run from chandella powell. Dude I will be so excited for every aspect of that game that I may have a seizure, when I get it I probably wont leave my room for a week. First thing I'm doing is Donald Cerrone vs Ben Henderson rubber match ;)

Did this change?

pkr.jpg

http://mixedmartialawesome.com/ufc-undisputed-3s-pride-roster/

That's my bad, I guess I missed his name on the Pride HW's list. That makes me happy :blush:

And good god those graphics look magical.

I am also very pumped to get Dan Severn finally. I was so jealous of my friends who had PS3's and got Severn,Gracie and Pulver in the last game, lucky SOBs.

So, Shinjo, let gets an idea of your taste. Who are your favorite fighters? Also, what are your opinions on the following names:

Jon Fitch
Chael Sonnen
Nick Diaz
Fedor Emelianenko

Fitch is a great fighter but has a grossly padded UFC record and I'm not sure if he can fuck with great wrestlers. Yeah, he hasn't fought many great wrestlers and hasn't beaten to many guys at their own game. It just seems as though he beats guys with paper when their 'rock' fighters if you know what I mean, outwrestles strikers and oustrikes wrestlers. If he did what Diaz has done than I'd be more impressed, but until then Fitch is on my 'don't give a shit list' whcih is a shame considering he has a great look and isn't afraid to talk shit, but his fights are so unspectacular.

Sonnen is one of my favorite fighters and is funny as hell, his Jim Rome interview is one of the greatest comedic moments of all time: [YOUTUBE]xjALmNACgvE[/YOUTUBE]

And I like his aggressive style of grappling. Fitch should take notice tbh.

Nick Diaz is probably my favourite fighter currently. Great personality, great fights, hilarious, great interviews. He's so damn interesting.

Fedor is overrated....

Kidding. I think he's one of the greatest but Andersons streak shits on Fedors. Sorry.

Damn man, I swore off video games years ago, but fuck... that UFC game looks bad ass. Add to the fact that I'm up on my bills and get my check two days before Black Friday, I just may have to go ahead and pick up a PS3. The one thing stopping me though is why spend money on a PS3 for just one game that comes out 3 months from now? That makes it seem not worth it when I can buy something I actually could use and get enjoyment out of right away. But I'll still give some serious thought to it.

I miss the MMA crew been a while since i ve posted. Stupid school so time consuming.

Just felt the need to spread the love for Wanderlei who is definetly going to whoop Le's ass.

If J-Lau can up his cardio, he'll be champion.

I'm not shelling out $60 on Undisputed 3 although I loved the first two. I'll wait until it's price drops a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back