• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MMA November - Anderson The Turkey is Ducking Chael. What a Chicken.

I'll find a way to watch all the events, but I still think they should do only prelims on Fuel and not entire events. Ellenberger vs Sanchez would be a perfect fight to put on a four televised fight Fox card. Or even on FX at least, Fuel doesn't have that great of a reach.

And apparently it's going to be Evans vs Davis headlining the second card on Fox. Hopefully they give some potentially more exciting fights (they said they will air four) a place on the card. With so many fucking shows coming up though they are running out of big names or at least options. Putting lesser known guys who always put on exciting fights on a big televised card is a great tool for making stars. Guys like the Diaz brothers, Cerrone, Guillard and even Bones can really benefit from having their personalities put out there for a big audience to see.

If promoted right, Bones can become the biggest star MMA has ever seen. He's young, good looking, well spoken, intelligent, and most important, an exciting fighter. I think having him on a Fox card would do wonders.

[YOUTUBE]Teaft0Kg-Ok#![/YOUTUBE]

He watches MMA, cooks and did I mention he watches MMA? I'd marry this man.

Guys like the Diaz brothers...can really benefit from having their personalities put out there for a big audience to see.

No. The Diaz Brothers should never be the primary focus of a big audience to see. Ever. For any reason. Check out Strikeforce: Nashville for more proof.

If promoted right, Bones can become the biggest star MMA has ever seen. He's young, good looking, well spoken, intelligent, and most important, an exciting fighter. I think having him on a Fox card would do wonders.

All true except...he doesn't have that edge to him. He doesn't have that "I'll either win or fucking die in the middle of the ring trying" persona around him. He doesn't have that "I'm going to fuck you up" personality.

That's not a bad thing at all, I prefer respectful fighters. He's just missing that edge to become the biggest star. He's not a Brock Lesnar. If you put Lesnar's persona in Jones body, I would agree completely with you.

I don't think that matters as much if you get the right guy. Pac-Man is one of the nicest guys in the sport and he is the second best draw in combat sports. I think it all depends on the fighter.

December Thread Titles... Go.

All I want for Christmas is an unconcious Bisping.

Also I created a little jingle for our december thread considering Christmas is coming, enjoy. :blush:

My MMA Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer
Alistair the juiced up Dutchman, had a very massive figure and if you ever saw it you would even say he's juiced. All of the other fighters used to laugh and call him names, they never let poor Ubereem join in any UFC fights. Then one foggy christmas-ish eve Dana came to say, Alistair with you punches so hard, wont you join my december card. Then all the fighters feared him, as they all decided to flee, Alistair the massive HW everybody's scared of thee.

I don't think that matters as much if you get the right guy. Pac-Man is one of the nicest guys in the sport and he is the second best draw in combat sports. I think it all depends on the fighter.

Who is this first?

You mean like Nick Diaz? ;)

I was thinking more like Lesnar or Chuck Liddell. You know, someone who isn't going to run away when you promote him for a fight. ;)

No. The Diaz Brothers should never be the primary focus of a big audience to see. Ever. For any reason. Check out Strikeforce: Nashville for more proof.

All true except...he doesn't have that edge to him. He doesn't have that "I'll either win or fucking die in the middle of the ring trying" persona around him. He doesn't have that "I'm going to fuck you up" personality.

That's not a bad thing at all, I prefer respectful fighters. He's just missing that edge to become the biggest star. He's not a Brock Lesnar. If you put Lesnar's persona in Jones body, I would agree completely with you.

Jones ccan easily replicate the fame and commercial success GSP has had. Similar personality and similar appeal.

And I agree on Nick Diaz, the UFC should be deeply rooted as a Fox main stayer and familiarize themselves with their network tv audience before bringing Nick Diaz along. I think he would bring a lot of unnecessary associations with the sport.

Who is this first?

Mayweather. I see how that reiterates your point, but it just shows that you can be a huge draw as a good guy. Look at GSP and Pac. Either type of fighter can draw, it just depends on who that fighter is. I see Jones as the greatest asset the UFC has right now simply on his future potential. Barring a freak injury, I can honestly see him being the new face of the company for the next decade.

It's not a huge difference. It shows a good guy can hang with one of the most controversial sports figures in terms of ppv buys.

It's not a huge difference. It shows a good guy can hang with one of the most controversial sports figures in terms of ppv buys.

But I believe you comment was the Jones could become the biggest star in MMA ever. "Hang with" does not suggest biggest ever.

True, i'll agree with that. GSP though, is MMAs biggest star. He's a pretty nice fucking guy. I see GSP as MMAs biggest star, even bigger than Brock. I see Jones taking the throne fairly soon if he keeps going the route he is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back