• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MMA GSD For March - The Michael Bisping Appreciation Station

I seen that, now we need the same for NY!! Fucking ******ed that it hasn't passed yet. Would make a lot of money between NYC and Buffalo, NYC because of the Garden and how big the city is, Buffalo because Canada is 10 mins from the arena, we all know they love them some MMA.

Saw that earlier. What are the other states without it regulated? I know NY, but seeing WV just get it done makes me realize I have no idea who doesn't have it.

Saw that earlier. What are the other states without it regulated? I know NY, but seeing WV just get it done makes me realize I have no idea who doesn't have it.

Only three state athletic commissions (New York, Connecticut and Vermont) currently don't regulate MMA, and two states (Alaska and Wyoming) lack regulatory bodies to do so.

I am now officially a huge Phil Davis fan. Go to UFC.com, and watch the video of him saving a ladybug. That shit is fucking funny.

Hughes sounds off on Shields vs. GSP and it's not pretty.

"I think that's gonna be a pretty easy fight, I really do. I think GSP's going to be able to do whatever he wants. Jake's not going to be able to get on top, so I just don't see him being effective really anywhere. I definitely don't think he's going to be able to take him down, and if Shields is on his back I just don't see him being effective. I have to really wonder why he got a title shot in the first place... but, I'll tell you why he got a title shot is there's no one else."

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/3/25/2072363/ufc-quick-quote-jake-shields-is-a-pretty-easy-fight-for-georges-st

Was bored and decided to watch some of Yoshihiro Takayama's MMA fights earlier today because I'm a huge fan of the guy as a pro wrestler, and holy fucking shit, I just watched his fight with Don Frye at PRIDE 21, and I'm just in awe. That was the most brutal fucking fight I've ever seen in my life. Within two minutes Takayama's face looked like someone had been beating him up with a cinder block. Didn't look like he could even see out of his eyes they were so swelled. Heart of a champion, even if he did lose.

About to crack into the UFC 100 Greatest Fights DVD set. Watched number 100, Paul Kelly vs. Paul Taylor from UFC 80 and it was like an American version of the Frye-Takayama fight in the first round, thought that was a fantastic fight that was much better than the Pat Militech-Carlos Newton fight that was at 99.

What are your guys thoughts on the top 100 fights list? Disagree on any of the rankings?

Was bored and decided to watch some of Yoshihiro Takayama's MMA fights earlier today because I'm a huge fan of the guy as a pro wrestler, and holy fucking shit, I just watched his fight with Don Frye at PRIDE 21, and I'm just in awe. That was the most brutal fucking fight I've ever seen in my life. Within two minutes Takayama's face looked like someone had been beating him up with a cinder block. Didn't look like he could even see out of his eyes they were so swelled. Heart of a champion, even if he did lose.

About to crack into the UFC 100 Greatest Fights DVD set. Watched number 100, Paul Kelly vs. Paul Taylor from UFC 80 and it was like an American version of the Frye-Takayama fight in the first round, thought that was a fantastic fight that was much better than the Pat Militech-Carlos Newton fight that was at 99.

What are your guys thoughts on the top 100 fights list? Disagree on any of the rankings?

Dude, that's kind of crazy, xfear. I was seriously discussing that fight yesterday on another MMA forum. That was one of the most amazing fights ever.

There's a bunch on there I would remove. Silva-Irvin? Are you fucking kidding? That was a good fight in WHAT way? Lesnar vs. Mir was fucking stupid, too, ESPECIALLY as highly as they ranked it. I mean, how is Caol Uno vs. BJ Penn at fucking 92 and Lesnar and Mir is like at 4. On what planet was that fight better than Uno and Penn's epic war?

Also, I think it's kind of cool that War Machine made the list, haha.

Yeah I figured they might have been lenient and inserted some of their top draws like Lesnar at higher spots than they probably deserved.

I still can't get over how much punishment Takayama took in that fight. Holy fuck I love Takayama more and more each day.

Looking forward to the show tomorrow night on Spike. Will probably be in the LD and stuff too.

Yeah I figured they might have been lenient and inserted some of their top draws like Lesnar at higher spots than they probably deserved.

I still can't get over how much punishment Takayama took in that fight. Holy fuck I love Takayama more and more each day.

Looking forward to the show tomorrow night on Spike. Will probably be in the LD and stuff too.

Do you find Yoshihiro Takayama and Yoshihiro Akiyama as amusing as I do?

Great dvd man even though some fights were placed higher, or lower than they should have been. My personal favorite on there was Couture/Sylvia. Tons of fantastic fights. Sanchez/Guida, Sanchez/Diaz, and Sanchez/Parysian are all awesome fights. Glad to have you posting so much MMA man.

Awesome fight. Glad you watched it.

Like ITGG said, there are some fights on there that shouldn't, but they at least contain a big finish so they're worth watching.

The only fight not on there from the UFC that really should be that I can think of is Tito Ortiz vs. Frank Shamrock from UFC 22. That should have easily been in the top 10, but Dana's grudge with Frank kept it off the DVD.

Oh, and I watched the M-1 Challenge last night on Showtime... GREAT show. Every fight but 1 had a finish.

Alexander Sarnavskiy made the biggest impression on me though. That kid is going to be a BEAST at Lightweight. Would love to see Strikeforce sign him.

Man I love the Guida vs Sanchez fight. One of if not the best fights ever. Mad me a Sanchez fan and really showcased the heart of some of these fighters. Really good stuff. Thanks for the memories...

That fight really made me a Guida fan. He used to be such an animal. Relentless mother fucker. If only Greg Jackson didn't get a hold of him.

You make it sound like Guida isn't an exciting fighter anymore. Sure, Jackson has taken some of the excitement out of Guida fights but I still enjoy watching the man work. You can put him in the ring against anyone and he will have a fun fight regardless of if he wins or not.

I'm playing in the MMAjunkie poker KO Invitational on Full Tilt, hopefully gonna take out Mike Swick or Bruce Buffer for a $25 dollar bounty.

Sonnen's sentencing is tomorrow at 2:30 EST.

Here's hoping for a sentence that is appropriate (he ratted out his own mother for god's sakes) but one that will also allow him to get in the octagon with Bisping as soon as possible.

I'm with you there Guy, I'd love to see him beat the fuck out of Bisping. Then again I'd love to see anyone beat the fuck out of Bisping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back