MMA GSD for April: The Countdown to GSP Beating a Dead Horse

Mayhem going to the UFC will be awesome, and quite opposite to what my main man Guy said... the dude will be a huge success there. I can't wait for him to prove me right. :D

I believe that Mayhem Miller will go rather well in the UFC. I don't see him becoming champion or getting a shot but I do see him having some great fights and picking up some good victories over other fighters like Palhares, Belcher, Bisping, etc. He is a great fighter it just that I don't see him faring too well against the likes of Chael Sonnen, Vitor Belfort and Anderson Silva. I hope to be proven wrong because I quite like him and his personality is great for the UFC to have.

Mayhem's one of the greatest personalities in MMA history, up with the likes of Sonnen and Rampage. I cannot fucking wait!

TORONTO -- No stranger to fighting, Donald Brashear is looking to mixed martial arts.

A spokeswoman for promoter Ringside MMA says the former NHL enforcer has a deal to try cage-fighting.

The 39-year-old Brashear still has to pass a medical exam and get a license to fight from Quebec authorities. The plan is for Brashear to fight on the Ringside 11 card June 4 at the Quebec Coliseum.

Brashear is playing in the semipro Ligue Nord-Americaine de Hockey. He played in the NHL for the Montreal Canadiens, Vancouver Canucks, Philadelphia Flyers, Washington Capitals and New York Rangers.

The 6-foot-3, 237-pound Brashear collected 2,634 penalty minutes in 1,025 NHL games from 1993-2010. He had 85 goals and 120 assists.

LOl, definitely wouldn't mind watching him get his ass handed to him in a MMA event.

I remember that guy. Used to watch him when he played for the Flyers. Should prove to provide some laughs.

For all the people who dislike Dana White, please watch this video

[YOUTUBE]vo-39oSwPO8[/YOUTUBE]

and prepare to hate him even more.

I watched the first thirty seconds of that video. What the fuck do you expect Dana to say about a guy making another promotion millions? That he is good? No, of course not. Is Dana going to hype a fighter he signed that is making HIM millions? Fuck yes he is. It's a fucking business.

With UFC light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones injured, UFC officials have now booked a bout between the champ's original opponent, Rashad Evans, and replacement Phil Davis.

Sources today confirmed with MMAjunkie.com the new matchup, which takes place at UFC 133. The Canadian Press' Neil Davidson first reported the opponent switch, which was later officially announced by the UFC.

A source told MMAjunkie.com that Jones is facing a lengthy recovery from a torn right-hand ligament suffered in his title win. A timetable for his return wasn't immediately available.

No, it won't be X lol. Not in the slightest. It actually will most likely be the most boring fight all year. Rashad has seen himself as a wrestler in his past few appearances resulting in some fucking boring fights. Davis had a very lackluster fight against Nog. It will be a wrestle fest of a fight with very little striking. The only potential this has is if Rashad decided he wants to strike with Davis and we get a KO.

I watched the first thirty seconds of that video. What the fuck do you expect Dana to say about a guy making another promotion millions? That he is good? No, of course not. Is Dana going to hype a fighter he signed that is making HIM millions? Fuck yes he is. It's a fucking business.

No it's just funny how he can berate someone who's obviously shit, when they're not in the UFC, then ride their dick when he is in the UFC. It showed a clear double standard and how much of a biased fucking cunt White actually is. He didn't hype him, he fucking presented him as someone actually good and it might be business but being that much of a fucking douche is still being a douche and White's a fucking douche. It's to the fact how much he fucking hated him when he was with another company, then he's a fucking contender the day he's with the UFC.

So according to Keith Jardine's twitter he is moving down to Middleweight. If he can make the cut then this could be great for his career.

Marc Ratner, the UFC's Vice President of Regulatory Affairs, informed MMA Fighting that the organization has formally submitted a request to the Nevada State Athletic Commission to install monitors as a backup viewing option for the judges assigned to score the bouts at UFC 130.

"I've emailed [NSAC Executive Director] Keith [Kizer] and asked him to put the request on the next agenda. We believe these monitors will be another look to help with the judges," Ratner wrote via e-mail.

This is not going to help, and if anything, could hurt judging even more. Who's to say that someone like Cecil Peoples won't just judge the fight based on the highlights they show in between rounds?

The answer to fix bad judging isn't installing monitors, it's finding competent people, namely ex-fighters and referees, to judge the fights that will solve the problem.

The problem with fighters becoming judges is that there will undoubtedly be cases where they'll be biased towards a friend. It's just human nature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back