• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MMA April is Ruining Your Special Night Twiceover

Turd Ferguson

DA-DA Da Da Da Bah Da Da DADADA
Calendar

Literally Something UFC Related Everyday on FuelTV if you have it.
Every Friday Night - The Ultimate Fighter LIVE on FX!

4/6 - Bellator 64 - Askren vs. Lima
4/13 - Bellator 65 - Konrad vs. Prindle
4/14 - UFC on Fuel - Gustafsson vs. Silva
4/20 - Bellator 66 - Alvarez vs. Aoki II
4/21 - UFC 145 - Jones vs. Evans

Essential Websites:
http://www.mma.ly
http://www.ufc.com

Noteworthy/Discussion Topics:
  • The UFC drought ends this month.
  • Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen is going to happen in front of 80,000 Brazilians.
  • Nick Diaz's defense - He had Pot Metabolites in his system, which are NOT illegal!
  • Frankie Edgar bitched his way into a rematch against Benson Henderson.
  • Jose Aldo is going to main event UFC 149, likely against either Hatsu Hioki or the winner of The Korean Zombie vs. Dustin Poirier.
  • Tito Ortiz is getting a retirement fight against Forrest Griffin to complete the trilogy.
  • Rampage Jackson wants to leave the UFC. Because he doesn't know how to defend a takedown.
  • This season of TUF has been boring so far.
  • After the UFC 146 press conference, the six fighters headlining the card (Dos Santos, Overeem, Velasquez, Mir, Bigfoot Silva, Big Country) were subject to a surprise drug test. Rumor is that at least one of those fighters is really nervous about the results of the test.
  • Brock Lesnar is going to be at Wrestlemania tonight.

Also, Jones vs. Evans is pretty much the fight of the century pitting Urkel vs. Carlton Banks....

“I walked by him and he looked at me and said, ‘what are you looking at?’,” Evans described. “I was like ‘what are you looking at?’ He was like ‘you a clown.’ I was like ‘you a clown’, and that was it.”

Hioki said he wanted another fight before Aldo and KZ/Porier is only two months before 149. Im intrigued as to what their plan is.

Unless I'm mistaken though, didn't Hominick have roughly the same amount of preparation time that KZ/Poirier would have?

I don't think Rampage's take down defense is that awful. He did a decent job against Jones in my opinion. Just because he got destroyed by a 3 time Pac 10 champion and a 2 time All American doesn't mean he has bad take down defense. I think putting in that he can't cut weight, and is just really out of shape would be something better to put in their rather than bad take down defense.

The thing is, and I can't find the quote, but he said something like they shouldn't have stuck him in there with a wrestler in the first place, but someone who would stand and trade.

Can't wait for Alvarez vs. Aoki II. I think Aoki's going to shock a lot of people with his improved stand-up.

When did Sonnen vs Silva II get announced and how did I miss that? I cannot believe it's happening in Brazil. That's epic.

When did Sonnen vs Silva II get announced and how did I miss that? I cannot believe it's happening in Brazil. That's epic.

EstadioOlimpico.jpg

In this stadium

Lesnar right now is reading this story, thinking to himself, "fucking amateur".

I genuinely believe Lesnar did his UFC run completely clean, especially after his injury.

You look at Lesnar during his WWE run and then look at his UFC run... completely different body. In WWE, he had abs and was totally ripped, while in the UFC he was just big, which was natural for a man his size.

Da fuck will the UFC do now? I know, BRING IN FEDOR!!!!!

I'm not sure if this is a joke or not, but holy fuck would that excite me. Damn it, Fizzy, now you got me all hopeful and shit for something that's most likely never going to happen. :(

Its a joke, but it really makes sense and would be the biggest moment ib MMA history. Fedor replacing Overeem for a UFC title shot, or they move Mir up to fight JDS and have Fedor/Cain. Its time for Dana to put aside his personal hatred for Fedor and do the right thing. This is the perfect oppertunity.

If they bump Mir up to the title shot, which I think they should, you still have Struve, Hunt, and Russow who are on win streaks who you could bump up to face Cain, you could even bump Werdum up to the spot as he has name value

Fedora would get wrecked by Chad Griggs.

Give Hunt the title shot. There is also a weird rumor Hendo might get the shot. I'd love that.

I'm sick and tired of the Hendo/Title Shots talk. The guy just got promised a title shot at either MW or LHW, whichever he choses even though his last appearance at MW he was embarrassed by Shields. Now he may get an automatic title shot at Heavyweight as well even though he has one win at heavyweight in the past, what, 10 years? Good lord, it's getting annoying.

Thank you, Fizzy. I completely agree with that. Henderson didn't have any UFC fights at heavyweight, and he might get a shot at the title? Even Overeem had to at least win one fight at heavyweight to earn the title shot. Come on, if Henderson is going to be pushed in a division, have him fight Machida or someone, and have him prove that he even deserves a shot at 205. Tank Abbott deserves a shot at JDS as much as Henderson does. Seriously though, give the fight to Mir or Hunt, two guys who actually had to climb up the ranks, and earn their spot in their own division for the title, rather than Henderson.

Bleh, Vitor got a title shot after one fight against Rich Franklin at Franklinweight and a year layoff.

Given those circumstances, Hendo is at least more deserving than Vitor was vs. Silva.

I didn't agree with Vitor's title shot, but they at least were able to build it as some rivalry.

Even though I dislike the guy Chael has had to win two fights over guys in the bottom half of the top ten to get back to Silva, and there were talks of an instant rematch for him before the TRT and legal issues, and he has come closer to Silva than anyone since Pride, so Hendo needs at least one fight at HW or MW before he gets a shot there

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back