• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MMA April is Ruining Your Special Night Twiceover

He's also been surrounded by huge cards and a TUF season those three times. 700,000 people bought this card for the main event. That is it.

To Baconbits: (on my phone so I can't quote) where were those buyrates when Rashad fought Thiago Silva and Tito Ortiz?

Bones is a draw.

Jones is clearly turning into a huge draw. Pulling these kinds of numbers at 24 years old is a great sign for the UFC.

That and the fact that the UFC is pushing him into the public eye. Being on ESPN and in commercials goes a long way with familiarizing Jones with the masses. Jones is a draw because of his talent and his exposure.

Dana said on Twitter that Shogun's next fight is against Thiago Silva, and Hector Lombard will make his debut against Brian Stann. I have Shogun and Stann both winning by KO.

It's just an absolutely horrible match-up for Bader. This fight will be quick and ugly, Bader won't last a round.

Personally, I think Herman is much more well rounded than Shields. I think he could hang in the ground and win on the feet. Should be a great fight

Honestly, Bader has a sluggers chance. We've seen the power in his hands, so I wouldn't count him entirely out. But, Machida is the way better fighter and as JMT said, wrestlers are tailor made for Machida to destroy.

Bader has a mean right hand, but it's one of the most telegraphed punches in mma. And it's slower than old people sex. Machida is going to run through him and make him look silly for even trying to fight in the process.

Methinks Lombard will lose to Stann, and then the result will be a rash of people calling him overrated and exposed. I don't think he is either, but I do think first UFC fight jitters will get to him and his rather diminutive dimensions will be a hindrance.

But he'll come back in his second UFC fight and absolutely destroy somebody, and everybody will jump back on his bandwagon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back