MMA May - The Flying Dutchman

Kenflo officially retired at weigh ins for tomorrow's TUF finale, he's gonna keep up the commentating but he's done fighting. Never was a huge fan but always enjoyed his fights and loved his tenacity in the fight against Sherk. I'm not crazy about him as a commentator but we could do worse.

How about when Chael was made too look like an amateur by Demian Maia? How about when Chael was getting smoked not once, not twice, but THREE times by Jeremy Horn? That fight with Bisping was by no means a decisive victory, either, by the way.

You mean that fight where it was actually pretty even until Chael got dropped by a pretty sweet lateral drop into a Triangle that most fighters would have been caught in? Maia, when he's not acting like he's a fucking kickboxer, is a top Middleweight, and if he fought smart vs. Anderson, who knows what could have happened.

Forrest Griffin and Chuck Liddell both lost to Jeremy Horn too. Those dudes had totally average UFC careers though. I mean, it's hard to believe that a veteran and really underrated fighter like Horn, especially in his prime, could have had his way with a guy who did MMA on the side, was young in his career, and didn't train BJJ, but what do I know?

The Bisping fight was close but all three judges saw it as a win for Chael. Watch it again, it's pretty decisive for Chael.

Oh wait, I doubt you even consider those fights, because they happened long before he started running his mouth to gloss over his average skills.

This statement makes no sense. I get what you're saying but correct me if I'm wrong, didn't the Bisping fight happen in January?

And Chael doesn't have "average skills". Rag on his submission defense all you want, but he fended off some pretty slick submission attempts by Marquardt and Silva. He's been training his BJJ not only with Maghalhaes, but with the Cesar Gracie Jiu Jitsu camp as well. Something tells me he might have picked up a thing or two on Triangle defense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back