• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MMA October - No, That is NOT Frankenstein Fighting In UFC 153's Co-Main

Turd Ferguson

DA-DA Da Da Da Bah Da Da DADADA
Welcome to the MMA October General Spam Discussion Thread. Really not too much going on this month, but UFC 153 is going to be a tremendous card.

Calendar
Literally Something UFC Related Everyday on FuelTV if you have it.

The Ultimate Fighter 16: Carwin vs. Nelson every Friday at 10:00 but nobody's watching anyway

Bellator on MTV 2 every Friday night.

10/5- UFC on FX - Browne vs. Bigfoot
10/13 - UFC 153 - Silva vs. Bonnar

Essential Websites:
http://www.mma.ly
http://www.ufc.com

Visit At Your Own Peril:
http://www.sherdog.com
http://www.sherdog.net
The Underground

Useful Links:
Sherdog Fight Finder
Unified rules of MMA
http://www.fightmetric.com

BELIEVE IN BONNAR

1_04_07_10_9_21_15.gif

Noteworthy/Discussion Topics:
  • A bunch of cool fights will be cancelled thanks to the injury bug.
  • TUF is DONE.
  • The World Series of Fighting COULD be cool.
  • Per MMAJunkie, Sonnen vs. Forrest isn't "Officially Announced". Hmmm.
  • Dana White thought Bisping lost to Stann.
  • Matt Hamill sucks.
  • Bellator is a dirty organization.

As much as I dislike Bisping I think he won. That card on the whole made me sad.

Anyone else wanna see Struve get another shot at JDS? Bet he lasts more than 54 seconds this time.

The UFC will keep pushing TUF, just take it off Friday nights. Seriously, Friday at 9? From what I've taken away this season, everyone hates Roy Nelson, unless you are Roy Nelson.

I think Chael/Jones will pop up. UFC 157 will probably be the Super Bowl weekend card, and I don't think they can pass up that money.

I want to see Struve vs. Hunt so badly. How crazy is it that it could be a Title Eliminator fight? Unfortunately, Dana thinks Struve is a top 5 HW right now and I could see him being thrust into a fight he isn't ready for against Overeem.

I love Brian more than any other fighter but he lost, my guess is Dana was trying to make him feel better. He was too complacent and he let Bisp beat him on points, nobody to blame but himself for not finishing him.

Struve just continues to impress me, the guy is so damn entertaining. I really hope his next is Hunt, we nearly saw it at 146 and now that we have a taste for it we want it bad.

TUF officially sucks, the day and time suck and the fighters are blah so far. If there's one topic I disagree with Dana on most it's the way he pushes TUF an Fuel. "If you're a real fan you'll buy this, if youre a real fan you'll watch any time". All he's doing is hurting the success of the promotion and pissing off fans. Somebody get this guy sedative, he needs it.

So how about Dan Hardy the wrestler? Eh?

I get Fuel but Comcast, the largest cable provider, doesn't carry it. That's a lot of the fanbase missing out on it.

Plus not having UFC Unleashed on FX is a killer. A lot of casual fans kept up with the sport because Spike would play it on a constant basis.

Dave "Batista" Bautista's opponent is Vince Lucero.

He has a record of 22-22 with his biggest win being against TUF 3 finalist Josh Haynes. He has losses include Tim Sylvia, Ruben Villareal, Tim Hague, Brad Imes and Soa Palelei. All of his wins par one are by stoppage. He is 40 years old, 6'2 and weighs on average 266 pounds.

At least it isn't some scrub, despite his record, the guy is really experienced, and has to be a decent enough fighter. I think he's younger than Batista and is a great test for his first fight

Same here, I'd even go as far to say that it will be round 1. He comes to bang and he bangs hard. His record really doesn't translate to what he can do. He likes to bang, though this strong stance has led him to be put to sleep a few times. Though put on his back and he is less than useless.

Who else is thinking they give Manuwa a brawler next? I think they see his marketability and seeing as how shallow LHW has become since Jones started raping everyone they're going to need new contenders. Kingsbury almost had that D'arce locked up and Manuwa seemed significantly slower in the second. I'm guessing a decent wrestler with any sort of submission game will be the end of Manuwa's undefeated streak.

Who else is thinking they give Manuwa a brawler next? I think they see his marketability and seeing as how shallow LHW has become since Jones started raping everyone they're going to need new contenders. Kingsbury almost had that D'arce locked up and Manuwa seemed significantly slower in the second. I'm guessing a decent wrestler with any sort of submission game will be the end of Manuwa's undefeated streak.

I think they sell him more and out him against a moderately good striker but little submission offense.

I think they sell him more and out him against a moderately good striker but little submission offense.

Question is though, who fits that bill? Are they going to be high enough in the ranks to move him up or would beating them be more of a lateral move? Diabate would have been a good choice but he's booked against Griggs at 154 I think. I have a feeling they might go with Te Huna expecting a war but I think Te Huna beats him everywhere honestly. Or maybe they'll give him a guy who could shoot him into contention sooner rather than later like Lil Nog or Hamill. Don't see him beating either of them though.

God I hope they don't pair him with Hammil, that'd be a train wreck. Maybe Forrest I'd the Chael fight doesn't happen though I doubt Forrest accepts that fight. Lil Nog would be good. Thing with Manuwa is, he's so bad on the ground and really isn't young, he will need good stylistic fights if the UFC wants to build him up.

God I hope they don't pair him with Hammil, that'd be a train wreck. Maybe Forrest I'd the Chael fight doesn't happen though I doubt Forrest accepts that fight. Lil Nog would be good. Thing with Manuwa is, he's so bad on the ground and really isn't young, he will need good stylistic fights if the UFC wants to build him up.

That's exactly what I'm saying, he's marketable but limited so if they want to take advantage they have to match him up carefully. I'd say Forrest submits him if he's even halfway in the fight mentally and Nog could as well if he chose to do so. Hell, maybe Rampage if they really want to see how far his standup can take him, but I see Rampage taking him down as well seeing that he's been training with AKA and said he wants to use his wrestling and ground and pound more.

Same here, I'd even go as far to say that it will be round 1. He comes to bang and he bangs hard. His record really doesn't translate to what he can do. He likes to bang, though this strong stance has led him to be put to sleep a few times. Though put on his back and he is less than useless.

A martial artist banging with Batista? Sounds like something that'd air on a very different PPV channel.

That's exactly what I'm saying, he's marketable but limited so if they want to take advantage they have to match him up carefully. I'd say Forrest submits him if he's even halfway in the fight mentally and Nog could as well if he chose to do so. Hell, maybe Rampage if they really want to see how far his standup can take him, but I see Rampage taking him down as well seeing that he's been training with AKA and said he wants to use his wrestling and ground and pound more.

At least Forrest has no chin, one punch from Manuwa and he's out. Rampage constantly says he wants standup fights only, give him Manuwa and see what happens

Holy FUCK we have an Armbar appearance. Are you still training?

If they're going to build Manuwa as a contender, they need to give him brawlers. He got taken down easily by a basically unconscious Kingsbury.

I'd really like to see Rampage vs. Manuwa.

Holy FUCK we have an Armbar appearance. Are you still training?

If they're going to build Manuwa as a contender, they need to give him brawlers. He got taken down easily by a basically unconscious Kingsbury.

I'd really like to see Rampage vs. Manuwa.

Been too long man, too long. I'm training so to speak I suppose but not for a fight, just continuing Muay Thai and BJJ especially which I've really grown fond of. I work for Affliction/Throwdown/American Fighter (same company/owners) now so I have pretty good health benefits so going too hard isn't as much of a worry any more.

I'd like to see Manuwa and Rampage as well, but would they want to book it knowing that Rampage is on his way out and Manuwa would just be sacrificed for nothing really. I think Nog is more likely.

Glover would beat Manuwa standing or would take him down and sub him in under two minutes. Either way, not a good matchup for Manuwa.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back