• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MMA November Mauro Ranallo Suicide Watch

Switching gears, what do you guys think about the upcoming Bisping vs. Belfort matchup (Yes I know it's two months away and this is Vitor we're talking about...)?

I think Vitor has an excellent chance to catch Bisping and his glass jaw but at the same time, he'd need to do it in 10 minutes, otherwise he's going to gas badly. Bisping has excellent cardio and would probably start running pillow-fisted circles around Vitor after round 2

Bisping wins, probably by a rather lopsided decision. He's the better all around fighter.

I still don't get why people think Vitor is some kind of great fighter. He's lost almost every big fight he's ever had, and has looked rather unimpressive while doing so. He is only truly dangerous for about the first thirty seconds of his fights, and he wilts rather fast from there. His KO power is greatly exaggerated and his punches become more telegraphed every fight. His cardio has always been rather terrible. His head is all screwed up. He's just not that good.

I'm most likely going to say this for every Vitor Belfort fight... if he doesn't put Bisping away in the first, then he'll lose a decision. But, Belfort definitely does have a shot to tap Bisping's jaw early on and finish him. 50/50 split on it.

Also, I'm willing to bet Belfort misses weight for this fight. He looked HUGE against Jon Jones and I just see him having a lot trouble getting back down to 185. That's not any easy transition for a guy in the past who had trouble making 195.

What gives you the impression that it's official? Everything I've seen points to rumor. Regardless, if it does happen, the card looks like this so far: Jose Aldo vs Frankie Edgar; Rashad Evans vs Lil Nog; Overeem vs Silva; Hendo vs Machida, and Erik Silva and Urijah Faber are rumored to be on the card.

Life has been kicking my ass and I haven't had a chance to chime in much lately. I have a lot to mention.

I feel kind of bad for Carwin. The guy came out of nowhere KOing the shit out of dudes with his canned ham fists, beats on Brock for a good four minutes of a five minute round, blows his wad and gets choked out, then loses bad to JDS, and now has had a strong of injuries. Without looking it up I think he is 36. I won't be surprised if he never fights again, but I'd hate to see him go. I'm not really a fan, but who doesn't like watching HWs blast each other for a few minutes? He is a guy who can always win with a big KO, but if he ever fights again I don't see him as more than a gatekeeper.

Miller/Lauzon should be an okay fight. I expect J-Lau to come out as strong and fast as usual, but then peter out and Miller grind out a decision.

Anyone hear about Jon Fitch? As one of his two fans I figured I'd bring it up. Apparently because of his long injury layoff he was going through some financial issues and had he not beaten Silva last go round he was going to have to stop training full time and get a regular 9-5 to support himself. I can't help but think, even as a fan, that his fighting style is what leads to a lack of sponsors and support that other guys that have records as good as him have.

Also did Guy say Bisping had a glass jaw a few posts back? Now I can't stand the guy but he has a hell of a chin. Yeah he was rattled a time or two against Wanderlei, but he has survived some heavy hitters like Leban, Jorge Rivera, Dennis Kang, and Brian Stann. Hendo is the only guy to ever KO him, though to be fair Hendo is the most complete fighter he ever fought.

I'm way more bummed about the Maynard injury than I am the Carwin one. Fuck TUF, and fuck both Carwin and Nelson. I hate Maynard as well, but I thought him vs. Lauzon was going to be a fantastic fight and one I was really into since I hate one guy and love the other. It was also the only fight I cared about on that card outside of the main event.

Atleast J-Lau has a better chance of winning this one. Bummed though, Maynard vs Lauzon was the best thing on that card next to Wineland vs Pickett. Fuck I wanted to see Roy's chin take some Carwin shots.....

Fitch/Maia at 156. Right now, 156 is the most stacked card ever. We'll see if it holds up.

Haha... Tom Lawlor did the WCW Shockmaster entrance for the weigh-ins yesterday. Epic!!

1lawl.gif

Say Roy loses aganst, Mitrione. If you are Dana, do you cut Big Country. I know he has a fan base, but is it really big enough to keep him?

So, GSP winning in Montreal tonight, is this a slam dunk, or could we be seeing a new champion being crowned tonight? Personally, my money is on the home town guy.

Say Roy loses aganst, Mitrione. If you are Dana, do you cut Big Country. I know he has a fan base, but is it really big enough to keep him?
I would hope he keeps him, his shit outside of the cage is getting old even for Roy fans(inluding me). But the guy is such a warrior in the cage and we'd be missing out on some good fights if he left.

So, GSP winning in Montreal tonight, is this a slam dunk, or could we be seeing a new champion being crowned tonight? Personally, my money is on the home town guy.

I'm pulling for Condit as he's been my boy since his WEC days and I wanna see him reach the top, but Georges is the greatest welterweight of all time thus far. The ring rust could be a factor but I'm not buying into it leading to him losing, he's got hours and hours in the cage, he'll be ready. However I do think Condit is his toughest test yet and he might just have the skillset to take the title. If Condit wins he finishes the fight, if Georges does it's after 5 rounds.

Fitch/Maia at 156. Right now, 156 is the most stacked card ever. We'll see if it holds up.

This will be interesting. Maia has looked like old Maia since his drop to 170, but it has been a while since he fought someone who had the top control Fitch has. Maia has pulled off subs from the bottom, just ask Chael, but Fitch is a Dave Camarillo black belt and has underrated sub defense. He fought off a couple chokes from BJ, who has some of the best RNCs in the game.

That'll be fun but Mitrione is likely going to get lit up. I don't think he is ready for a guy like Roy yet at all.

Mitrione improved a lot in a short time, but Roy has the chin to withstand Mitrione's shots. I'm sure Roy will keep it standing to put on a good show, but he is a much more complete fighter and could ride out a decision on the ground if he wanted.

If he loses a boring fight, I'd say he is gone. This season of TUF really pushed Dana to the limit, so a snoozer will seal his fate I'm sure. If he loses a competitive fight, I'd say its 50/50

The Underground app on my iPhone. If the main news page doesn't have anything, there will be a post on the forums. As terrible as the forums are, they are top notch when reporting injuries and news.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back