• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MMA November Mauro Ranallo Suicide Watch

He's 2-1, with that one loss being against a legit top 5 Featherweight.

Plus he's facing a Guida who will be absolutely drained and over-aggressive. Plus, Guida sucks standing up, and Hioki is too crafty off his back to let that douchebag lay on him all night.

I'm definitely willing to sig bet this fight if anyone wants to take me up on it.

Not exactly convincing wins against sub par competition. I mean, I don't even think he beat George fucking Roop.

Ronda Rousey just made MMA history ... becoming the very first female fighter to join the UFC ... TMZ has learned.

Rousey -- a former U.S. Olympian -- has officially joined Dana White's MMA organization ... and automatically becomes the 135 lb women's champion.

We're told 25-year-old Ronda will defend her title in 2013 -- possible opponents include Sara McMann, Cris Cyborg and rival Miesha Tate.

Rousey has been fighting in Strikeforce since last year and emerged as a superstar ... beating the living crap out of just about everybody she's faced. In fact, she's undefeated. Just check out this highlight reel. (WARNING: SHE SNAPS SOME CHICK'S ELBOW IN THE VIDEO)

And there's more ... sources say Strikeforce, which airs on Showtime, will be running its last event in January before folding up shop for good. A rep for Strikeforce had no comment.

It's a pretty crazy turn of events -- considering last year, Dana told TMZ women would "NEVER" fight in the UFC.

Not exactly convincing wins against sub par competition. I mean, I don't even think he beat George fucking Roop.

I re-watched that fight not too long ago when Fuel aired UFC 143. I still scored it for Roop, two rounds to one. He's had one good round in the UFC against Bartimus. The rest of that fight he looked lethargic.

He's 2-1, with that one loss being against a legit top 5 Featherweight.

I think the jury is very much out on Lamas being a top 5 fighter and Koch is going to smoke him. Dennis Siver is considered a top 5 Featherweight right now for crying out loud and he's had one fight in the division in a lackluster decision against Nunes.

Plus he's facing a Guida who will be absolutely drained and over-aggressive. Plus, Guida sucks standing up, and Hioki is too crafty off his back to let that douchebag lay on him all night.

Guida's going to have a huge size advantage. A lot of people thought Nate Diaz and Anthony Pettis being crafty off their back would negate Guida's Lay and Pray on ecstasy strategy... they were wrong.

I'm definitely willing to sig bet this fight if anyone wants to take me up on it.

I hate Guida but you're on.

Guida's going to have a huge size advantage. A lot of people thought Nate Diaz and Anthony Pettis being crafty off their back would negate Guida's Lay and Pray on ecstasy strategy... they were wrong.

Nate beat Guida despite what the judges said (plus it was at a time when Diaz wasn't truly TOP TIER on the ground), and Pettis' ground game is extremely overrated.

Hioki is truly world class level on the ground. He easily has the best Jitz of anyone Guida has ever faced.

I hate Guida but you're on.

Good. I'm undefeated against you in sig bets so this only makes my confidence in Hioki for this fight even stronger. :D

Shit, I was totally down to get involved in some sig bet shenanigans. Something about almost losing (which is a debatable result, as is) to George "The Poop" Roop doesn't sit well with me either.

So the Korean Zombie is a piece of shit since he actually did lose to Roop? I don't understand this logic. Even Anderson Silva lost to Ryo Chonan. Everyone has bad performances in this sport... everyone. Never judge a fighter just based off of one bad performance.

I understood the close victory over Stoop since it was Hioki's first time fighting not just in the UFC, but in the states period and against a taller fighter. The 2nd fight was in Japan and he looked MUCH better. The third fight was back in the states and he looked lackluster after the 1st Round and I was VERY disappointed in him, but his opponent was a very good one and I strongly disagree with Guy that Koch is going to easily beat Lamas. Lamas has proven WAY more in his career at this point than Koch has. The ONLY reason we even know Koch's name is because he was gifted a title shot when there was literally no one else available.

I kind of got off the point there, lol.

Anyways, the main thing is that Guida is shit, and while it's fair to say Hioki has been a disappointment in the UFC after getting such hype from JMMA fans, I have a hard time believing he's going to lose to this clown who will look physically worse than Kenny Florian did at 145. All Guida has to offer is wrestling. His stand-up is some of, if not THE, worst in the UFC, and he has no ground game to speak of. All he can do is hop around like a ****** and lay on people, and I just have a hard time believing he'll be successful with that shit against someone like Hioki.

Speaking of Florian, do you guys not remember how easily he beat Guida's ass? Submitted him? Don't forget too that Florian has trained with Hioki and has gone on record saying that Hioki has some of the best Jiu-Jitsu in MMA. There's absolutely no reason not to have confidence in Hioki for this fight. Guida is a fucking clown and I desperately hope Hioki makes his trip to 145 a short one.

New UFC Ring Girls for the UFC on Fuel 6 show in China...

156481_10151291607854479_293736068_n.jpg

1019.jpg

1017.jpg

1002.jpg

1003.jpg

It wasn't the prettiest victory for Gomi, but I'll take it! He clearly won, too. That judge who gave it to Danzig is ******ed.

And man... that might be the Knockout of the Year from Cung Le. Perfect punch. Takes nothing away from Rich though; that punch knocks out anyone at 185 besides Anderson.

Rich might be dead, my fucking lord the way e landed on his face after the punch was sickening. Both guys should just retire, this is the perfect way for Cung to go out, a huge KO in China. Nothing left for him. As for Rich, he lost to Cung Le, don't know where he goes after that.

You guys must be really buying into the Primetime hype to actually think there's going to be a finish in the Condit/GSP fight.

You guys must be really buying into the Primetime hype to actually think there's going to be a finish in the Condit/GSP fight.

Not at all. Despite what you may think (;)), Condit is a finisher. I still have my doubts about GSP's knee, and he's coming off a fight where he was outstruck by Jake Shields.

GSP will finish Condit, but it will take a fight with Diaz to really bring out the true GSP, the killer I know he is capable of being.

It will not be easy to come back from surgery, especially one as complicated and as harmful to a career as a full ACL repair.

Also Eddie Yagin will most likely drop out of his fight with Denis Siver, due to a a head injury that had left him in need to be rushed to hospital.

Not at all. Despite what you may think (;)), Condit is a finisher. I still have my doubts about GSP's knee, and he's coming off a fight where he was outstruck by Jake Shields.

Nah man, Condit will be too worried about getting taken down to be looking for a KO. He'll stick and move the entire fight like in his bout against Diaz. The only way he gets a knock out if he somehow lands a knee when GSP shoots in, but GSP's takedown is the hardest shot in the sport to telegraph, and ACL injury or not, I still think GSP will still have the best, fastest TD in the sport.

And GSP? Maybe he can wind up with a submission, but that's the only way he'll be getting a finish. No way he takes any risks on the feet.

I'm rooting for GSP all the way and if he does get a finish, then great, but I just don't see it happening. Both of these guys have proven themselves to be way too cautious in big fight situations for me to believe that. GSP will take Condit down repeatedly and pound on him for 25 minutes straight. And this is one lay-and-pray fest I will enjoy, just as I said almost a year ago after Condit "beat" Diaz.

Condit is going to finish an extremely rusty GSP. Ring rust is very, very real, and GSP will be worried about his knee. Nothing about GSP is going to be as crisp as it normally is, and Condit will capitalize in big fashion.

But GSP is going to dominate the rematch, once he gets back in the groove.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back