MMA April is Ruining Your Special Night Twiceover

I see this fight being similar to the Machida fight except with Rashad having even less success than Machida did.

Haha... guess we won't be seeing Ben Askren in the UFC anytime soon.

@BenAskren: The USOC random tests Olympic athletes in all sports. Dana saying testing his fighters would be impossible is a bold faced lie.

@DanaWhite: when ambien can't sleep it takes Ben Askren. The most boring fighter in MMA history. I would rather watch flys f*ck.

@BenAskren: @danawhite glad you know my name now. Before I was just the bushy haired wrestler.

Jeffue, if you hate Fitch, you would want to murder Askren.

Oh, trust me... I know all about him. He's a wannabe Chael Sonnen. The problem is that his wit isn't even close to being as sharp, and his fights are impossible to watch. I don't think there's a fighter I dislike more than Askren right now. I'm sure the people who run Bellator feel the same way.

Speaking of Bellator, I'm super stoked for Aoki/Alvarez 2 this weekend. I'm actually more excited about that fight than I am Jones/Rashad.

Rampage's hooks are vicious, Shogun's Muay Thai is vicious, Machida's kicks are vicious. Didn't help any of them.

Ben Askren's relevance will run out as soon as he fights a strong wrestler, something Bellator lacks at 170. If he somehow manages to make his way into the UFC someday, he'll get smoked by dudes like Fitch and Ellenberger.

I believe Rashad Evans has more of a shot to beat Bones than most people are giving him credit for. He's significantly faster than Jones and has by far the best wrestling for mma that Jones has ever faced. And it doesn't help Jones at all that Rashad is clearly inside his head. Jones should win this fight, but I won't be surprised in the least if Rashad pulls out a victory.

My post in the 145 thread will be up tonight or tomorrow. The closer we get to this fight, the more people i see picking Rashad. Most pros see Rashad winning and it seems everything I read has Rashad winning. Im rooting for Jones 150%

Fedor's fighting Pedro Rizzo on June 21st. Considering the talent pool in the Heavyweight Division outside of Zuffa, this is actually a quality opponent and should be a fun little stand-up battle before Fedor knocks him the fuck out.

Also, I'm super stoked for Aoki/Alvarez tonight. War Aoki!!

I don't particularly care when or who Fedor fights anymore. It's quite evident Fedor doesn't either. I wish he'd just retire instead of further sullying his legacy. He's so popular in his native Russsia he could go into politics like Manny Pacquiao.

I'm stoked for Aoki/Alvarez too. I see Shinya tooling Eddie again. And I hope it happens, because Eddie has all but admitted he's done with Bellator and has started taking the necessary steps to move into the UFC, starting with his move to the Blackzillian camp. I hate it when dudes put the eggs before the basket.

Pathetic performance from Aoki. I'm a huge fan of the guy, but the guy has no heart whatsoever. You put him in just a little bit of trouble and he's ready to give up.

Wonder who Cain is fighting now.

Also, FrontRowBrian is reporting that Anderson is upset that his fight with Chael is being moved to Vegas, and also said that if Anderson refuses the fight then Dana will fire him. I know FRB has been right before on uncommon rumors, but I sincerely doubt this is true. If it is though, ugh... you know what? I won't even comment on it since it burns me up just thinking about it. I'll save that anger and rant if the time comes that this turns out to be true, but for now I'll just take it as complete BS.

Edit: I just saw that Dana himself confirmed the Anderson rumor was untrue.

I tend to believe FRB because he has broken some major stories despite the general hate against him, but I was really skeptical about this one.

As expected Aoki got knocked out. Shame too because Alvarez wasn't too bad of a matchup.

I see Cain vs Big Foot going down, you can set up the fight while maintaining the star power of the two main events.

I tend to believe FRB because he has broken some major stories despite the general hate against him, but I was really skeptical about this one.

FRB isn't as right as people like to make him out to be. He was wrong about Overeem being cleared to fight too.

No, he wasn't. Overeem's hearing is sheduled to happen in two days. He may still be cleared to fight. With the PPV a month or so away, Dana needed a stable main event.

Few stories were released today:

Overeem's license was denied. He can reapply in 9 months time.

Silva/Sonnen II at UFC 148 in Vegas on July 7th

Jon Jones/Dan Henderson being targeted for UFC 149

Damn, 148 is fucking stacked and Jon Jones is an absolute warrior. The guy does not take a break and is a true champion.

I'm not sure if fighting in Las Vegas is exactly benefiting Chael considering the fact that Kizer holds grudges (judging from the Overeem ordeal from today) and Chael and Kizer have serious heat with each other.

I'd almost wager that Chael doesn't get issued a license...

20120424103927_IMG_0244.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back