MMA May - The Flying Dutchman

And RIGHT ON QUEUE, Anderson starts making excuses in advance of his July 7th defeat.

UFC middleweight champion, Anderson Silva was honored by Brazilian Taekwondo Confederation this Monday, but the day wasn't all about good news.

The fighter revealed to the press that he got his knee injured on a training session, and that he's getting tested today to see how serious it is. Despite that, the champion was not limping during the ceremony, and seemed optimistic about the recovery.

After Andy beats Chael's ass again, I really hope he decides to retire. I'll miss the hell out of him, but I want to see him go out on a high note still in his prime rather than see his body continue to deteriorate.

Nothing could ever top the ass whooping of Chael Sonnen that will commence at UFC 148, so I agree with you, JMT.

Chael Sonnen may be outrageous, but I'm picking him in the fight. It's a gut instinct, I suppose. All the respect in the world to Anderson Silva, though.

That's a fair assessment.

Honestly, if/when Anderson does win, and if he does retire afterwards, I will root for Chael to be the one to win the vacate title.

At this point, I think it's destiny that Chael takes this fight and we get the rubber match in Brazil in front of 80,000 Brazilians.

It would be damn near impossible to bet against Silva in that scenario, Guy. The loss to Sonnen and the home field advantage would light a huge fire under Anderson's ass.

I'm goin with Sonnen on this one as well and I'm fully confident in his abilities but if Anderson clocks him on the feet out of nowhere I won't be surprised. As long as Chael dictates where the fight takes place he'll take it. As for the rubber match I don't think we'll see it, especially not in Brazil. I'd bet that by then Andy will physically be done, he's getting injured left and right and his body is showing the signs of all the years of crazy fights and training.
As much as I can't stand Anderson's personality you have to respect Anderson Silva the fighter and I love him for what he's done for the sport, but I believe the time has come for a new king at 185 and the gangster from Portland is the man to do it.

Do you guys know when UFC on Fox 4 tickets go on sale?

0529-arianny-mug-shot-1.jpg

Man this guy fucking kills Anderson. Holy shit.

[youtube]rZKLy7CsHrU[/youtube]

Anderson would definitely kick this guy's ass today. Too bad we could never see it happen.

Oh Pele, how the mighty have fallen.... How mad can you possibly get because somebody didn't say good morning to you?

Chael Sonnen will not beat Anderson in the rematch. In fact, I highly doubt Chael even makes it out of the first round. Anderson will not be screwing around looking for a submission, he'll be looking to destroy Chael. And the ass-whooping will be so severe it'll send Chael back down the middle/bottom of the pile, where a fighter of average skill belongs.

So Rich Franklin is Vitor's replacement in the Wandy fight.

What a fucking joke. They should have brought Jacare over to fight him. Wandy and Rich's first fight was not that good, and I highly doubt the Brazilians could care less about Rich.

It'll be interesting to see the pay-per-view buys for this. I'm betting it'll do less than 75,000. This show should seriously be on FX. Again, what a fucking joke.

I'm frickin pissed that they pulled Rich from a somewhat exciting fight with Cung Le to throw him in against Wandy for the second time, nobody wants to see that again. I agree jmt bring over Jacare or put someone else in there who would make it a great fight people would want to see. I wouldve been happy with Cote getting it and putting on a beastly fight with him, I know that one wouldnt sell great but the fight would be awesome. Hell I'd take Belcher too, all guys who would put on a great fight, more appealing than Rich 2 atleast.

Chael Sonnen will not beat Anderson in the rematch. In fact, I highly doubt Chael even makes it out of the first round. Anderson will not be screwing around looking for a submission, he'll be looking to destroy Chael. And the ass-whooping will be so severe it'll send Chael back down the middle/bottom of the pile, where a fighter of average skill belongs.

You highly doubt Chael makes it out of the first round when he went four and a half the last time around? Anderson landed some big time shots on Chael in their first fight and he still fought on. Chael has one of the best chins in MMA, never having been KO'ed... it's going to take a lot, or a triangle, in order to beat him.

And to say that Chael has "average skill"... you obviously don't know what you're talking about in the first place and I'm not sure why you decided to shoot off your mouth about something you have no idea about. Going on a run that included Dan Miller, Yushin Okami, Nate Marquardt (back when all of them were top 10 fighters), going four and a half rounds with the best in the world, dominating him until getting caught, and then beating Stann and Bisping shows that Chael is not a fighter of "average skill". He's getting a second title shot for a reason.

As far as Franklin/Silva II goes.. bleh. I think a rematch vs. Bisping would have made a lot more sense as Franklin was already set for a fight against Cung Le, and while Tim Boetsch deserves a big fight, Bisping is also a headliner and him stepping into that atmosphere in Brazil in more of a marquee level fight would have made sense. Bisping has also been thirsting for a rematch vs. Wandy.

The way the Brazilians would have reacted to Bisping, and vice-versa, would have been gold in the buildup too. It's hard to hate on Rich Franklin, and the first fight wasn't that good in the first place, where this is just a "whatever" fight... especially when the first fight wasn't that good in the first place.

I'm the happiest fan in the world right now, although he didn't get the fight I wanted he's back in the UFC! Patrick Cote will replace Rich Franklin and face Cung Le in his return to the big stage! I would be more excited for Cote vs Silva but I'll take it, awesome fight right there!

If Cote fights aggressively then he should win with ease. However, if he comes in with a gameplan to "pick his shots" then he'll get his ass kicked.

Also...

UFC officials today announced newcomer Brock Jardine (9-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC) has replaced injured Papy Abedi (8-2 MMA, 0-2 UFC) and now meets fellow welterweight Rick Story (13-5 MMA, 6-3 UFC).

Brock Jardine :lmao:

Was going to post about Brock Jardine last night, but I forgot. I had a good laugh at the name.

Anyone else getting annoyed that Roy Nelson won't shut the fuck up about PED's? Every single day there is a new interview where he bitches for the entire length of the video.

So you're saying Chael only has average skills? Oh boy.

Yep. Hes's got good wrestling and alright, albeit robotic standup. However, he's got the worst submission sub defense in all of mma. That takes him down a few pegs. He's slightly above average.

Everybody talks about how he "dominated" Anderson. If he was so dominant, then tell me how Anderson looked fresh as a daisy after a "four and a half round ass whooping" and Chael not only looked like he had been destroyed and was on the losing end.

Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

You highly doubt Chael makes it out of the first round when he went four and a half the last time around? Anderson landed some big time shots on Chael in their first fight and he still fought on. Chael has one of the best chins in MMA, never having been KO'ed... it's going to take a lot, or a triangle, in order to beat him.

And to say that Chael has "average skill"... you obviously don't know what you're talking about in the first place and I'm not sure why you decided to shoot off your mouth about something you have no idea about. Going on a run that included Dan Miller, Yushin Okami, Nate Marquardt (back when all of them were top 10 fighters), going four and a half rounds with the best in the world, dominating him until getting caught, and then beating Stann and Bisping shows that Chael is not a fighter of "average skill". He's getting a second title shot for a reason.

How about when Chael was made too look like an amateur by Demian Maia? How about when Chael was getting smoked not once, not twice, but THREE times by Jeremy Horn? That fight with Bisping was by no means a decisive victory, either, by the way.

Oh wait, I doubt you even consider those fights, because they happened long before he started running his mouth to gloss over his average skills.

However, he's got the worst submission sub defense in all of mma. That takes him down a few pegs. He's slightly above average.

Not anymore. He's been working extensively on his BJJ with Vinny Magalhaes, and he fucking owned Bisping on the ground, a guy with pretty good BJJ.

There's no doubt Chael has been working his ass off with submission defense since the Anderson loss (whereas before he didn't train it at all), and logic says someone of his intelligence will improve big time at anything he works hard on for 2 years straight.

Chael's the 2nd best Middleweight in the World. That's a fact. Maybe Hector Lombard will have something to say about that, but let's see his next fight first.

How about when Chael was made too look like an amateur by Demian Maia? How about when Chael was getting smoked not once, not twice, but THREE times by Jeremy Horn? That fight with Bisping was by no means a decisive victory, either, by the way.

Yeah, let's judge the guy based on fights from 3 years ago (6 years ago if we're talking about Horn). Nobody can possibly improve at something in 3 years. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back