MMA December - Season's Beatings to All

I know it is more of a humor site, but Cage Potato did an interview with Felice Herrig. Nothing too special, except one particular bit.

Dana White doesn’t care about women’s MMA. He is not creating a division for women, he’s creating one for Ronda. Dana is just going to promote Ronda, so I’m not really that excited.

As much as I love Ronda, I'm inclined to agree with her.

Anyway if you want to read the rest.

http://www.cagepotato.com/exclusive...-how-dana-white-doesnt-care-about-womens-mma/

Dana has admitted that the success of the division solely relies on Ronda's success as champion. If she can remain unbeaten, the division will stick around since she'll draw. If not, the division will fail and they'll have no other choice but to scrap it and I personally wouldn't blame them for it.

There is one reason for Dana to care about WMMA, and that is Ronda. Without her, you have a bunch of women with no personality, who go out and have largely undisciplined yet exciting brawls. If Ronda loses her title, scrap the division. I have no interest in seeing any other women on a UFC card.

GSP vs. Diaz will headline 158 while Hendricks vs. Ellenberger takes place at the same event. So pumped for the Diaz fight.

GSP vs. Diaz will headline 158 while Hendricks vs. Ellenberger takes place at the same event. So pumped for the Diaz fight.

Carlos Condit vs. Rory MacDonald is also on the card.

It'll be real interesting to see what will happen if Hendricks, MacDonald, and Diaz all win. Who will get the first shot at Diaz? Hendricks or MacDonald? If GSP wins then I think Hendricks will since I see MacDonald and GSP pulling that "friend" card, or maybe GSP will jump up to Middleweight if he beats Diaz and Rory/Hendrick will fight for the vacate title. Who knows? Can't wait to see how it all unfolds.

I think Dana said Hendricks will get the shot if he beats Ellenberger. Not that that really means much at this point.

Carlos Condit vs. Rory MacDonald is also on the card.

It'll be real interesting to see what will happen if Hendricks, MacDonald, and Diaz all win. Who will get the first shot at Diaz? Hendricks or MacDonald? If GSP wins then I think Hendricks will since I see MacDonald and GSP pulling that "friend" card, or maybe GSP will jump up to Middleweight if he beats Diaz and Rory/Hendrick will fight for the vacate title. Who knows? Can't wait to see how it all unfolds.

I would love for Diaz to beat GSP.

The poster is really sick.

A-NPR6eCQAA-BmY_large.jpg

Poster is very accurate with how the fight is going to play out, with GSP positioned on top of Diaz.

At least Diaz will be active off his back, whereas Hendricks would have just laid there for 25 minutes or get submitted right away. ;)

This is how I envision the fight going down. Nick and GSP trade for about a minute, Nick taunts a little, keeps his hands down, eats some leg kicks, hits a couple stiff jabs, gets taken down and held there for the rest of the round, Repeat x5, Judges go 50-45, 50-45, 49-46 cause there is always one judge who has to be different, GSP calls him a tough opponent(in French Canadian accent), Nick mean mugs and says that wasn't a fight and he would win in the street.

GSP beats Diaz's face into the mat for 13 minutes until the fight is stopped leaving Diaz a bloody, broken mess of a human being. The GSP we will see in the octagon will be unlike anything we've ever seen before. Good luck, Nick. You'll need it.

Lol... please, Fizzy. I'll give GSP enough credit to admit he stands a good chance of winning a decision, but in no way will he finish Diaz unless maybe it's a bullshit cut stoppage.

The fact is, Diaz has only been truly finished once in his career, and that was very early on against a guy he would go on to beat 2 times after that. No way GSP finishes him when he couldn't even finish Dan Hardy. Diaz may get hold on to for 25 minutes, but he'll take minimal damage. He's way too slick and smart on the ground to get hit with heavy GNP. It's never happened before and it won't happen now.

People are doubting Nick now more than ever because of his brother's performance against Bendo, and while I picked Nate to win that fight, I never thought Nate was anywhere near the same level as Nick and wasn't the least bit surprised when Bendo beat the shit out of him. However, I will be shocked if GSP does any severe damage to Nick. He might win, but he won't hurt the guy, no matter how hard he tries. This I am sure of.

I think Nick shocks the MMA World come March, and I will be one happy and gloating motherfucker when that day comes.

Oh, and here is GSP's press conference from yesterday. I agree tenfold with nearly all of his statements. Major, major props to him for giving the fans the fight they have wanted to see for almost 2 years now (much longer than that on my end).

[YOUTUBE]NVkaDyB24Uw[/YOUTUBE]

Lol... please, Fizzy. I'll give GSP enough credit to admit he stands a good chance of winning a decision, but in no way will he finish Diaz unless maybe it's a bullshit cut stoppage.

The fact is, Diaz has only been truly finished once in his career, and that was very early on against a guy he would go on to beat 2 times after that. No way GSP finishes him when he couldn't even finish Dan Hardy. Diaz may get hold on to for 25 minutes, but he'll take minimal damage. He's way too slick and smart on the ground to get hit with heavy GNP. It's never happened before and it won't happen now.

People are doubting Nick now more than ever because of his brother's performance against Bendo, and while I picked Nate to win that fight, I never thought Nate was anywhere near the same level as Nick and wasn't the least bit surprised when Bendo beat the shit out of him. However, I will be shocked if GSP does any severe damage to Nick. He might win, but he won't hurt the guy, no matter how hard he tries. This I am sure of.

I think Nick shocks the MMA World come March, and I will be one happy and gloating motherfucker when that day comes.

I don't know how you think Nick will take minimal damage... his defensive boxing is some of the worst in all of mixed martial arts. And I'm not talking about him dropping his hands and talking shit, I'm talking his atrocious footwork and lack of head movement. He gets hit, way way too much to be considered even solid defensively (and that's by way less technical strikers than GSP). He's got a great chin, but that's literally the only defensive asset he has.

GSP will smash Nick on the feet and on the ground. Sure, he probably won't finish the fight, but Nick is going to look as bad or worse than Fitch did after GSP whooped that ass.

Welterweight Championship Bout: Georges St. Pierre vs Nick Diaz - TKO Round 3

not due to cuts

I don't know how you think Nick will take minimal damage... his defensive boxing is some of the worst in all of mixed martial arts. And I'm not talking about him dropping his hands and talking shit, I'm talking his atrocious footwork and lack of head movement. He gets hit, way way too much to be considered even solid defensively (and that's by way less technical strikers than GSP). He's got a great chin, but that's literally the only defensive asset he has.

And in what fight was it where he was taken to the ground that he received any punishment? That's what I was talking about. He protects himself well on the ground, while also attacking relentlessly. Diego threw COUNTLESS GNP against Diaz and Diaz still took little to zero punishment in that fight.

As far as his box is concerned... GSP will not box with him. GSP will use the jab to set-up takedowns and that's it. This will be a ground war. IF GSP stands with Diaz, then he will get his ass handed to him. GSP could barely box up Jake Shields... you think he's going to outbox Diaz? Give me a break.

And Nick's "poor defense" on the feet is nonsense. Diaz has gotten clipped in a lot of his fights, but outside of the first KJ Noons fight, he has hardly received any punishment on the feet either since the Gomi fight. Just watch the 2nd KJ fight for example, and the Daley fight. Diaz got clipped in round 2 of the KJ fight (but didn't go down), and that was it the entire 5 rounds, and that's against a guy with pro boxing experience. If Diaz's defense is so poor, why didn't he get caught more often in those 25 minutes? And in the Daley fight he got clipped once and that was it (and Daley's arguably the scariest stand-up fighter at Welterweight). He doesn't get hit nearly as much as people like to believe, and a lot of time he goes down willingly just in case he's hurt, not because he is hurt (the White Zombie fight is the perfect example of that).

GSP outstruck Condit quite simply who is a much more versatile striker, and who also outstruck Diaz. Therefore, GSP's standup>Nick's.

GSP outstruck Condit quite simply who is a much more versatile striker, and who also outstruck Diaz. Therefore, GSP's standup>Nick's.

Hmm... I remember you saying Nick beat Condit?

And Boxing > Kickboxing, all day every day. Anderson Silva and JDS are champions for a reason. Edgar will most likely beat Aldo because of superior boxing. Boxing > Kickboxing, Muay Thai, whatever.

I don't think I ever said that. Was a terrible fight from what I remember.

GSP>Condit>Diaz. That's what the Underground has instilled in me, and we all know they are the premier place to talk MMA.

All joking aside, we shall see. Personally, I think GSP finishes Diaz in the third. Call it a hunch. I'm not convinced we've seen what GSP is truly capable of. I think his personality is his own worst enemy during fights. Diaz is an asshole, GSP doesn't like him, therefore GSP will show us all the type of fighter he is capable of being.

Honestly, while I will of course be rooting hard for Nick, him losing to GSP wouldn't be the worst thing ever. GSP's a great guy and a great champion. There's no one else in the division I'd rather see Nick fall to. I just hope if GSP wins that he continues to ignore the critics and stays at Welterweight. Moving up to Middleweight would be a huge mistake.

And in what fight was it where he was taken to the ground that he received any punishment? That's what I was talking about. He protects himself well on the ground, while also attacking relentlessly. Diego threw COUNTLESS GNP against Diaz and Diaz still took little to zero punishment in that fight.

As far as his box is concerned... GSP will not box with him. GSP will use the jab to set-up takedowns and that's it. This will be a ground war. IF GSP stands with Diaz, then he will get his ass handed to him. GSP could barely box up Jake Shields... you think he's going to outbox Diaz? Give me a break.

And Nick's "poor defense" on the feet is nonsense. Diaz has gotten clipped in a lot of his fights, but outside of the first KJ Noons fight, he has hardly received any punishment on the feet either since the Gomi fight. Just watch the 2nd KJ fight for example, and the Daley fight. Diaz got clipped in round 2 of the KJ fight (but didn't go down), and that was it the entire 5 rounds, and that's against a guy with pro boxing experience. If Diaz's defense is so poor, why didn't he get caught more often in those 25 minutes? And in the Daley fight he got clipped once and that was it (and Daley's arguably the scariest stand-up fighter at Welterweight). He doesn't get hit nearly as much as people like to believe, and a lot of time he goes down willingly just in case he's hurt, not because he is hurt (the White Zombie fight is the perfect example of that).

BJ lumped his ass up before he gassed, and everybody knows how BJ is going to attack. BJ's boxing is like most mma boxing, undisciplined power shot after undisciplined power shot. Rewatch the fight, BJ was dominating it for a round and two minutes. Daley's power shot barrage was landing easily. Hell, sorry ass Cyborg was outlanding Nick until he gassed.

KJ Noons "pro boxing experience" is laughable at best. The only real guys he ever fought beat him. Oh, and KJ outlanded Nick in the second fight, but they weren't as effective as Nick's shots.

Condit picked Nick apart and exploited every hole in Diaz's striking game.

Nick is a dynamo on the ground, one of the best, don't get it twisted, but his striking is wildly overrated. You're a fan, I get that, but you are absolutely delusional when it comes to Nick, as most of his fans are. Stop listening to the hype and really watch the fights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back