MMA December - Season's Beatings to All

Fuck Hendricks. Guy tried to over-assert himself acting as if he was worth more than he really is. He is expendable, and while I agree he deserves a title shot, there is no way he should be making demands saying he won't fight unless it is for a title. If you are as good as you think you are, you shouldn't have qualms about fighting anybody. You have no leverage to be able to say "I won't fight unless it is for the title." This is the way to bring him back down to earth.

I was just about to come in and mention that. Hendricks took out my man Fitch with one punch. No one does that. He is on a hell of a roll, but he got the shaft. I for one hope GSP beats Diaz and shuts him up. To say I dislike Nick is an understatement.

I would like nothing more than to see Nick beat GSP. Nick Diaz as UFC Welterweight Champion = gold.

I said after the last UFC event that the route to go was Hendricks vs. Diaz with the winner of that fight getting the next shot at GSP. GSP wants to take a few months off, Diaz will be ready by February, and Hendricks took absolutely no punishment in his last fight. It was only logical to set-up Diaz vs. Hendricks right away for a #1 Contender fight.

That said, if you have to choose an opponent now for GSP, Diaz is by far the more logical choice. It's the $$$ fight. Nobody knows or gives a fuck who Hendricks is. Hendricks is overrated anyway. This guy got dominated by Rick Story and barely beat Mike Piece. Just because he got a quick KO over a couple of dummies doesn't mean he's really worth a shit. GSP would EASILY walk through him.

And I agree with Fizzy that Hendricks has no right demanding anything. Set-up Hendricks vs. Condit or the BJ/Rory winner on the Diaz/GSP card, and if he doesn't take it, then fire his ass and let him go to Bellator and get knocked out by Paul Daley.

Start at 1:15 and you'll hear Chael Sonnen tell an awesome/hilarious story about Yushin Okami and his mother.

[YOUTUBE]RIiTKNok7xA[/YOUTUBE]

Nate has 2 hours to lose .2 pounds as he was overweight. The Diaz brothers seem to do everything in their power to fuck up their major oppertunities

I was scrolling through Facebook when I saw he missed weight. I got this sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. Glad he made it in the two hours.

Nate has 2 hours to lose .2 pounds as he was overweight. The Diaz brothers seem to do everything in their power to fuck up their major oppertunities

I couldn't believe watching the weighins where Nate came in heavy and didn't seem to realize that there isn't a 1 pound allowance for title fights. It's almost as if Cesar Gracie didn't know this, despite the fact that he has the former Strikeforce Welterweight and Middleweight champions fighting in his camp and the current Strikeforce Lightweight Champ.

I said after the last UFC event that the route to go was Hendricks vs. Diaz with the winner of that fight getting the next shot at GSP. GSP wants to take a few months off, Diaz will be ready by February, and Hendricks took absolutely no punishment in his last fight. It was only logical to set-up Diaz vs. Hendricks right away for a #1 Contender fight.

I also agreed with this, especially where GSP/Silva looked like the likely route to take.

That said, if you have to choose an opponent now for GSP, Diaz is by far the more logical choice.

How is it logical though? Diaz is coming off a loss to Condit and the GSP/Condit fight was really one sided. If anything, the logical fight is Hendricks, who is coming off of three wins over three top 5 fighters.

It's the $$$ fight.

Maybe.

Nobody knows or gives a fuck who Hendricks is. Hendricks is overrated anyway. This guy got dominated by Rick Story and barely beat Mike Piece. Just because he got a quick KO over a couple of dummies doesn't mean he's really worth a shit. GSP would EASILY walk through him.

Quick KOs over "dummies" who are notoriously tough to finish and a solid win over Koscheck? Dude is totally "worth a shit". I really want to see GSP/Nick too but Hendricks has definitely earned his shot. Nobody really knew who Condit was either but he was still promoted against GSP and Hendricks is definitely an easy guy to promote, especially with his power and his being a complete redneck.

And I agree with Fizzy that Hendricks has no right demanding anything. Set-up Hendricks vs. Condit or the BJ/Rory winner on the Diaz/GSP card, and if he doesn't take it, then fire his ass and let him go to Bellator and get knocked out by Paul Daley.

Hendricks is coming off three wins against top 5 guys in the past year. Nick lost a title fight, then got suspended. Hendricks is also way more of a legit contender than Dan Hardy or Jake Shields ever were. Typically guys get title shots based off wins. Dude does have a claim to a title shot.

Besides, he wouldn't get KO'ed by Daley, he'd use his wrestling to win :)

And before you dig into me on Sonnen... totally different situation. Chael was the only one to step up and say he'd fight Jones.

How is it logical though? Diaz is coming off a loss to Condit and the GSP/Condit fight was really one sided. If anything, the logical fight is Hendricks, who is coming off of three wins over three top 5 fighters.

It's logical because it's great fight between two skilled Welterweights that hate each other. It will be epic. GSP/Hendricks would have been either a snoozfest or GSP would have tapped his ass out in the 1st or 2nd. Not to mention the build-up would have been lame.

GSP/Diaz is the $$$ fight. That's why it's logical.

Oh, and not to mention Diaz was ROBBED out of two other title shots already, so I figure he's owed one anyway at this point despite the Condit result.

Quick KOs over "dummies" who are notoriously tough to finish

No, two glassjaws who made one dumb ass mistake. The Fitch shot was lucky first of all, but Fitch is still the only person to get dropped by a GSP punch, so his chin is weak. And Kampmann? Daley finished him in what, 15 seconds? Plus he's a guy who gets rocked every fight.

Like I said, quick KOs don't impress me. I like to see fighters win while also getting tested or truly dominate. Quick KOs do not always determine the better fighter. If Hendricks fought Fitch again it's go a whole lot differently than it did last time, as would say Rich Franklin vs. Cung Le if they fought once more (however I will say Hendricks knocks that bum Kampmann out ten out of ten times).

and a solid win over Koscheck?

That fight stunk up the joint. It was two wrestlers in there swinging nothing but hooks like a couple of street fighting bums, and it was still boring as shit regardless.

I really want to see GSP/Nick too but Hendricks has definitely earned his shot. Nobody really knew who Condit was either but he was still promoted against GSP and Hendricks is definitely an easy guy to promote, especially with his power and his being a complete redneck.

If Hendricks believes he's truly championship material then he should take one more fight and prove it. Simple as that. His shot will come. Just win one more time against Condit or the BJ/Rory winner. Why is that so hard?

Like I said, quick KOs don't impress me. I like to see fighters win while also getting tested or truly dominate. Quick KOs do not always determine the better fighter. If Hendricks fought Fitch again it's go a whole lot differently than it did last time, as would say Rich Franklin vs. Cung Le if they fought once more (however I will say Hendricks knocks that bum Kampmann out ten out of ten times).

I stopped being impressed by one punch KO's after Shane Carwin. Hendricks arguably lost to Kos, lost to Story, and beat Kampmann and Fitch. I've never been sold on Kampmann, and never believed he was top 5. Fitch was a good win, but Hendricks really hasn't been impressive enough to warrant picking and choosing his fights. He even fucking said he considered retiring after hearing news of GSP/Diaz. The guy is a fucking whiner, and if he truly believes he is the best, put your money where your mouth is, and fight somebody. If you truly are the best, you won't lose.

One of those robberies was Nick's own fault. He wouldn't beat GSP because GSP is not a can. There I said it.

Haha... so BJ Penn is a can? Imagine if Nick's fight against BJ was a 5 Rounder. BJ would have been beaten and finished like he never was before.

And you can say Nick screwed himself out of the title shots, but what did he do when they were taken away from him? Did he piss and moan, or did he step in there and do his job? First against BJ in a fight he never wanted, and then taking a short notice fight against Condit. He could have easily said, "No fuck that I deserve GSP so I'll wait until he returns wah wah wah!" But Diaz isn't a bitch like that. He might complain non-stop about judging and money, but he'll never back down from a fight like Hendricks is currently doing.

It's logical because it's great fight between two skilled Welterweights that hate each other. It will be epic. GSP/Hendricks would have been either a snoozfest or GSP would have tapped his ass out in the 1st or 2nd. Not to mention the build-up would have been lame.

But Diaz is coming off of a loss and a suspension, and I'm sorry, lost convincingly to Condit, a guy who GSP dominated for 24 of the 25 minutes they fought.

Usually, guys who fight for titles come off of wins.

I don't think GSP/Hendricks would be a snoozefest at all. GSP has to be perfect for 25 minutes as we all know he wouldn't finish Hendricks. All Hendricks has to do is plant a punch on GSP's chin. That actually sounds pretty exciting to me.

GSP/Diaz is the $$$ fight. That's why it's logical.

You could sell GSP vs. a broom and at least 500,000 Canadians would still buy the card. The build to the Condit fight wasn't great and it still did 700,000 to 800,000 buys.

Nick Diaz mumbling his way through press conferences isn't inspiring either.

Oh, and not to mention Diaz was ROBBED out of two other title shots already, so I figure he's owed one anyway at this point despite the Condit result.

What? Diaz robbed himself out of that shot. What was the other one?

No, two glassjaws who made one dumb ass mistake. The Fitch shot was lucky first of all, but Fitch is still the only person to get dropped by a GSP punch, so his chin is weak.

Fitch is not a glass jaw and he's proven in fights over the years that he can take a punch.

And Kampmann? Daley finished him in what, 15 seconds? Plus he's a guy who gets rocked every fight.

Kampmann never actually got dropped though. He gets rocked every fight and he has low fight IQ but he's also a finisher and had impressive wins over top guys at 170 lbs. Going into the Hendricks fight he was a top 3 guy. He derailed Jake Ellenberger, and he brings it in every fight.

You're in the minority. Quick KOs impress the masses and that makes the fact that Hendricks is getting passed over even more mind boggling. A win is a win and Hendricks has three in a row over top 5 fighters. He's earned his shot.

That fight stunk up the joint. It was two wrestlers in there swinging nothing but hooks like a couple of street fighting bums, and it was still boring as shit regardless.

It's still a win over a top guy in Koscheck.

If Hendricks believes he's truly championship material then he should take one more fight and prove it. Simple as that. His shot will come. Just win one more time against Condit or the BJ/Rory winner. Why is that so hard?

Because he shouldn't have to.

Haha... so BJ Penn is a can?

Nick routinely fought guys like Male Cyborg, KJ Noons, Paul Daley, and Scott "Brains of Shit" Smith in Strikeforce. And guys like Sakurai and Zaromskis in DREAM. None of them are top guys, and when he fought BJ, BJ was in complete "don't give a shit" mode.

All of those guys have one thing in common, they're not wrestlers.

But Diaz is coming off of a loss and a suspension, and I'm sorry, lost convincingly to Condit, a guy who GSP dominated for 24 of the 25 minutes they fought.

Lost convincingly to you, but there's a good portion of the MMA community (and I'd say 50% if not more) who think Diaz won that fight. You can make the argument Diaz lost, but you can not say he CONVINCINGLY lost. That fight is perhaps the most debated decision in the history of MMA.

Usually, guys who fight for titles come off of wins.

It's not unusual in Boxing.

At the end of the day, Diaz is 12-1 in his last 13 fights, with that one loss being a controversial decision. Doesn't sound to me like him getting a title shot is really that big of an injustice.

I don't think GSP/Hendricks would be a snoozefest at all. GSP has to be perfect for 25 minutes as we all know he wouldn't finish Hendricks. All Hendricks has to do is plant a punch on GSP's chin. That actually sounds pretty exciting to me.

That's all Koscheck, Dan Hardy, Condit, and Thiago Alves had to do, too. But they weren't very successful, were they? GSP will never let what happened to him in the Serra fight ever happen to him again.

And if GSP/Hendricks is really a fight you want to see, then it's up to Hendricks to make it happen. All he has to do is win one more fight.

You could sell GSP vs. a broom and at least 500,000 Canadians would still buy the card. The build to the Condit fight wasn't great and it still did 700,000 to 800,000 buys.

But Diaz is still the bigger draw, and it's the fight GSP wants. Don't you think GSP deserves to pick who he wants to fight out of these two names? It's not like he's saying he'll never fight Hendricks... he just wants to fight Diaz first. Now, if GSP beats Diaz and Hendricks wins his next fight and then GSP wants to fight another Welterweight, I'll be right on the same side as you arguing that horse shit. But Hendricks having to wait a few extra months and winning one more time for a title shot is no big deal. Like I said earlier, if he's championship material, then he should have no problem fighting once more.

Nick Diaz mumbling his way through press conferences isn't inspiring either.

Diaz is a top 3 best interview in the sport, bar none. He's so unintentionally hilarious that you have something golden every time someone puts a microphone in his face.

What? Diaz robbed himself out of that shot. What was the other one?

Missing a press conference months before the fight itself is not a legitimate reason to take a title shot away from someone (not that he would have gotten it anyway since GSP got injured before the event), and then when Diaz vs. GSP was set-up again, GSP got injured. That's twice Diaz didn't get his fight with GSP. "Robbed" might not be the best way to describe it, but he's owed a fight against GSP, and GSP is owed a fight against Diaz.

Fitch is not a glass jaw and he's proven in fights over the years that he can take a punch.

I disagree, but whatever. Even if Fitch's chin is iron, that was still a lucky punch that he wouldn't be able to get in another fight against him.

Kampmann never actually got dropped though. He gets rocked every fight and he has low fight IQ but he's also a finisher and had impressive wins over top guys at 170 lbs. Going into the Hendricks fight he was a top 3 guy. He derailed Jake Ellenberger, and he brings it in every fight.

Kampmann's win over Thiago was the luckiest win in MMA history due to Alves' stupidity, and Ellenberger is overrated as shit. Kampmann is a journeyman in this sport and always will be. He'll never truly be a contender.

You're in the minority. Quick KOs impress the masses and that makes the fact that Hendricks is getting passed over even more mind boggling. A win is a win and Hendricks has three in a row over top 5 fighters. He's earned his shot.

Let's say you're right... he earned the shot, why not earn it again with just one more win? "He shouldn't have to" is not a legitimate excuse.

Because he shouldn't have to.

Most people who succeed in their profession end up having to do something that they shouldn't have to in order to get what they want. It's life. One fight isn't a big deal.

Nick routinely fought guys like Male Cyborg, KJ Noons, Paul Daley, and Scott "Brains of Shit" Smith in Strikeforce. And guys like Sakurai and Zaromskis in DREAM. None of them are top guys, and when he fought BJ, BJ was in complete "don't give a shit" mode.

All of those guys have one thing in common, they're not wrestlers.

He's still 12-1 in his last 13 fights and the most exciting fighter in the division. GSP vs. Diaz is simply the best fight available to make right now and it's the fight the champion, the fans, and the office wants. At the end of the day... that's all that matters.

Like I've said from the beginning, if I was the one in charge, Diaz and Hendricks would be fighting each other in February, but if GSP wants to fight sooner rather than later (the date I'm hearing is 4/20... which is just too perfect), then you set up the fight that will most benefit everyone, and GSP vs. Diaz with Hendrick co-headlining against a contender is the best way to go.

Also, for the record, if Hendricks vs. GSP was happening and Diaz got stuck fighting Koscheck or Rory or Condit again... I would completely understand it and I wouldn't bitch for a second. So I do see the side of the fence you're coming from, but Diaz vs. GSP is the fight I and 90% of the MMA fans out there want to see. I know Hendricks is "deserving," but I absolutely do think Diaz has done enough to still warrant a title shot when it's something almost everyone wants to see.

Haha... so BJ Penn is a can? Imagine if Nick's fight against BJ was a 5 Rounder. BJ would have been beaten and finished like he never was before.

And you can say Nick screwed himself out of the title shots, but what did he do when they were taken away from him? Did he piss and moan, or did he step in there and do his job? First against BJ in a fight he never wanted, and then taking a short notice fight against Condit. He could have easily said, "No fuck that I deserve GSP so I'll wait until he returns wah wah wah!" But Diaz isn't a bitch like that. He might complain non-stop about judging and money, but he'll never back down from a fight like Hendricks is currently doing.

You can say the same about his fight with Fitch. The 3rd round of that fight was a total one sided affair, BJ was on the verge of being finished.

Nick has defeated some guys of value, but most of his time between UFC stints was spent fighting guys who were slightly above average at best.

We will have to agree to disagree on the route that Hendricks is taking. I'm not saying that he is doing the right thing by bitching and moaning it, but Dana said(not that that carries much weight anymore) that Hendricks/Kampmann was a #1 contender fight. He did get the short end of the stick, especially when you consider Nick is coming off a loss and a year long suspension.

That is, in my opinion, one of the bigger issues in the UFC today. A lot of deserving guys get passed over for less deserving guys who happen to be entertaining, or crazy, or whatever mix of those two Nick is.

Ouch, terrible fight for Gomi. Sorry JMT.

I have faith in my boy. It might be blind faith, but it's faith regardless.

Gomi has home field advantage, he didn't gas in his last fight which means he might be finally taking his training seriously, and Diego looked much worse at 155 than he did at 170. I think Gomi stands a chance. Here's hoping for the best.

Nick Diaz vs. GSP is all but official for March 16th. I was hoping for a 4/20 showdown as that would have been hilarious, but hey... the sooner the better. Plus, this fight along with the free Japan show, March will perhaps be my most anticipated month ever being a fan of MMA. Can't wait.

Should be a good month for sure.

The weigh ins for the TUF Australia/UK Finale are in like half an hour. I'm not sure what time the shows will be on TV here but both TUF finales are airing here the same day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back