• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MMA GSD For March - The Michael Bisping Appreciation Station

Turd Ferguson

DA-DA Da Da Da Bah Da Da DADADA
Calendar
3/3 - UFC Live 3 on Versus (Sanchez vs. Kampmann)
3/5 - Strikeforce on Showtime (Feijao vs. Henderson)
3/5 - Bellator on MTV2 (first round of Welterweight GP)
3/11 - Shark Fights on HDNet (Horwich vs. Villefort)
3/12 - Bellator on MTV2 (first round of Lightweight GP)
3/19 - UFC 128 on PPV (Shogun vs. Jones)
3/19 - Bellator on MTV2 (first round of Featherweight GP)
3/26 - UFC Fight Night 24 on Spike (Davis vs. Nogueira)
3/26 - Bellator on MTV2 (first round of Lightheavyweight GP)

The Only News Site You Need
http://www.mma.ly

Useful Links
Sherdog Fight Finder
Unified rules of MMA
http://www.fightmetric.com
http://www.ufc.com

UFC middleweight contender Michael Bisping will face disciplinary action for his behavior following his UFC 127 win, UFC president Dana White told MMA Fighting.
White said he has yet to make a decision on whether Bisping will be fined and/or suspended for his actions, but confirmed that he will be subject to some punishment.

Chael Sonnen said:
To: Joe Silva, Matchmaker Extraordinaire, Ultimate Fighting Championship
Re: Spitsbing & his tainted victory

Joe:

If you get a chance to talk with him, please mention to your idiot-in-residence Michael Spitsbing it’ll be a little tougher to knee ME in the head when I’m charging at him like a runaway train and mincing him through the fence like a boiled potato, should we ever have the pleasure of each other’s company for a few (VERY few) moments in the Octagon.

Oh; and I’d suggest to him being a little careful about spitting on any of MY cornermen, since any one of them can beat him up as badly as I can. Thanks ever so much. Hope all is well.

-Chael Sonnen

What a better way to start the new MMA GSD then with this,

markhuntuppercutschristuchschererufc127.gif

Can't wait for my baby, Bellator, to kick off this month. Light Heavyweight tournament should be great to watch.

Bas Rutten and Don Frye. That is as long as Shark still employs them. They did the last show so I am just assuming.

Bellator and MTV screwed up by having it on Saturday's, should've made it Sunday nights with football over, they could've got a decent crowd, not to mention they will be going up against UFC and SF.

Bellator and MTV screwed up by having it on Saturday's, should've made it Sunday nights with football over, they could've got a decent crowd, not to mention they will be going up against UFC and SF.

True, but MTV doesn't know shit about MMA, yet. Hopefully, the time slot doesn't kill Bellator or at the very least it gets moved to another day. However, I am so glad it is on a channel that more people get.

This is, from what I can remember in all my years being an mma fan (a little more than a decade), the most tacked month for the sport evah. 128 is legit stacked card and is going to have one of the most polarizing main events I can remember. Good to see the highly underrated Bellator get some very nice television coverage as well.

Only 18 days until we have a new UFC LHW Champion :cool:. Looking forward to seeing Kampmann this week.

True, but MTV doesn't know shit about MMA, yet. Hopefully, the time slot doesn't kill Bellator or at the very least it gets moved to another day. However, I am so glad it is on a channel that more people get.

Bellator and MTV will move the fights earlier, so it doesn't have to compete with the UFC. I completely forgot that they said they would do that.

We're getting two prelim. Facebook fights for UFC Versus 3 this Thursday,

Joe Stevenson vs. Danny Castillo

Cyrille Diabate vs. Steve Cantwell

Y'all keep mentioning Bellator on MTV, it's only 45 minutes from my fucking house!!!!! Since they decided to do it at Tachi Palace, which is the home of Tachi Palace Fights, I've decided that I'll probably just make the journey up there and catch me some Bellator action.

Particularly excited to see Zoila Frausto in action. That broad brings it. Hieron will be cool to watch as well, but I'm used to seeing him in IFL so it's not all that big a deal for me.

I sincerely hope that this is the start of a long relationship between TPF and Bellator and maybe we can get some cross-promotional superfights between the organizations. Or, if nothing else, more Bellator events 45 minutes from my house.

Ryan Bader wants to fight Tito Ortiz next:

"I would want to fight Tito Ortiz. Just because I grew up watching him. I want to have one of those guys on my résumé like a Randy Couture or Chuck Liddell. Purely out of respect, he's one I'd like to fight before my career is over ... Really, I didn't even feel like going back and watching [the Feb. 5 loss to Jon Jones] because I didn't feel like I fought to even a quarter of my potential. Right before I walked out, I was standing there and telling myself, Man, you really need to wake up."

Tito's response:

I will no longer make ppl famous off my name. Bader. Sorry.

LOL.

Tito's aiming for a fight with either Liddell or Forrest right now. He's quite frankly being a bit of a pussy.

For some good news, though.

Takanori Gomi has been working heavily on his BJJ since the Guida loss, and he won the ADCC Asia Trial 2011 over the weekend (and now has been invited to Worlds). It's still not too late, guys. I know Gomi can turn things around and become a real contender again. He seems more determined than ever.

24ytr3s.jpg

I read that about Gomi. Hopefully he can add some sweeps, and subs so he can get back to the feet against wrestlers, and use that power we know he has.

Ortiz is a fucking punk. Just retire already. I'm so tired of a guy who hasn't won in like 4 years running his mouth.

The rematch between Houston Alexander vs. James Irvin at Shark Fights 14 is off due to Irvin roiding and Alexander having an injury.

Yeah, I heard about James Irvin losing to substance abuse yet again and figured that we could have been on the verge of Jardine/Alexander II until I heard Alexander got hurt.

Then I found out Jardine is fighting in two days for apparently his own MMA Promotion, Mean1MMA. How the hell has that gone under the radar?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back