MMA GSD For March - The Michael Bisping Appreciation Station

Yeah, I heard about James Irvin losing to substance abuse yet again and figured that we could have been on the verge of Jardine/Alexander II until I heard Alexander got hurt.

Then I found out Jardine is fighting in two days for apparently his own MMA Promotion, Mean1MMA. How the hell has that gone under the radar?!

I knew he was fighting this month. However, I did not know it was in 2 days and that he had his own promotion. Very interesting. Hopefully, he gets another win.

03/03/11 - Sonnen: "Bisping owes ME an apology"

Fighters Only spoke to Chael Sonnen today to confirm that his suspension is now expired. The recent middleweight title contender confirmed that it is, and that he is now able to compete in mixed martial arts under any athletic commission.

The conversation also touched on this past weekend’s fight between Michael Bisping and Jorge Rivera, and of course the post-fight aftermath which left Bisping facing disciplinary measures at the hands of the UFC.

“I did see Michael Bisping's fight, and I was very disappointed in his behaviour. Spitting on Jose Riviera's cornermen brought disgrace to himself, to the sport, and to all fighters, me included. That's why, first and foremost, Michael Bisping owes ME an apology,” Sonnen said.

“As someone with much more experience than him, at a much higher level of competition, I am his superior and his behavior warrants an apology to me. Now you might say that's a bit of abstract reasoning... but there's another reason he better apologize to me first, and it has to do with his own self-interest.

“I happen to know, from one of my very highly-placed sources at the UFC, that Michael Bisping's ‘goodwill account’ is seriously overdrawn with the company. He's on very thin ice wearing really sharp skates, if you know what I mean. So, there are only TWO possible outcomes for him: He can fight ME, or he can get released.

“He needs to fight me to keep his job. But...and this is a big but...I don't HAVE to fight Michael Bisping to keep MY job. If I decide not to fight him, they'll set me up with some other contender I can ridicule, then pound into fine powder. But Bisping's got me, or he's GONE. I hold the "whip hand" in this deal; so if he wants to feed his family without going on the ‘dole’ (UK slang for welfare -ed.), he better apologize.

“Once he agrees to do that, I'll decide what form his apology should take. I may want a singing apology. I may want him to choreograph and perform a little "apology dance". I may make him kiss my ring like I'm the Pope, or kneel before me like I'm the King and he's being knighted. I'm not sure what I'll decide on...but he does owe me an apology.”

Hahahahhahahahahhahahhahaha, where does Chael come up with this shit? He has to have a team of crack writers!! If this is all him, the I full on support him to host SNL!

I find it hilarious that Bader is calling out Tito...a name he KNOWS he can beat. Sad. I'd say match Darth up with Franklin but I guess Rich is saying he only has one more fight in him so I don't know if we'd wanna waste that building Bader up again. Give Bader Diabate.

Bisping is worth more to the UFC than Sonnen, that is a cold hard fact. Yet more bullshit from Sonnen.

Just another thing to back up the Dollaway/Munoz fight being stopped accordingly, CB was suspended 60 days for being KO'd.

Also, Kampmann doesn't appear to have a broken hand.

Bisping is worth more to the UFC than Sonnen, that is a cold hard fact. Yet more bullshit from Sonnen.

I doubt that.

Sonnen has the fact he basically went the distance with the "GOAT" in the UFC's eyes and can easily be sold on that. He's also a large character while Bisping is just a douche.

I doubt that.

Sonnen has the fact he basically went the distance with the "GOAT" in the UFC's eyes and can easily be sold on that. He's also a large character while Bisping is just a douche.

You kidding me? Bisping is the biggest heel in the UFC and he is the major selling point to the british audience whether it be promotional stuff(i.e every ufc advert over here that is just promoting the company is focused on him or headlining over here. He brings in more cash to the company purely because he IS the british markets focalpoint.

You kidding me? Bisping is the biggest heel in the UFC and he is the major selling point to the british audience whether it be promotional stuff(i.e every ufc advert over here that is just promoting the company is focused on him or headlining over here. He brings in more cash to the company purely because he IS the british markets focalpoint.

Lol pretty sure top heel belongs to Lesnar. In fact more people hated Chael before the Silva fight than people that hate Bisping.

I have to agree with Hans here, except for the top heel part.

MLB, no doubt Bisping is a douche, put as Hans pointed out, he is more marketable he has a huge following between the British fans and Aussie fans. Even here people like him. Just as many people were backing up Bisping as were bashing him for the Rivera antics.

Sonnen is a big name, yeah he is entertaining as hell with his trash talking, and now with the Silva fight, but Bisping is still the bigger star here, douche bag or not.

Totally forgot about lesnar, so number 2 heel, but he basically made the UFC in britain what it is today, before he came along we got the cards on a sunday night at 9 pm, then after the ultimate fighter we started getting the cards live but with no promotion or advertisement work, for his fight with Rashad they promoted the hell out of it and have done with every card since to what we have over here today. Im not saying that he is the sole reason as to how big it has gotten over here but it certainly sped up the process, he is a massive commodity to Dana for the british market.

Yea, Bisping is easily a much bigger "heel" than Sonnen.

Nah not easily, or much bigger. Sonnen is a huge heel. When you say talk about the Nog brothers like he did you are a massive heel. He just had more supporters because people weren't happy with Silva at that point in time.

Yeah, I went for BJJ last week. Did a wrestling class today. I really like training wrestling a lot more than BJJ.

Yeah, I went for BJJ last week. Did a wrestling class today. I really like training wrestling a lot more than BJJ.

Opposite for me. I love BJJ way more than anything else i've ever tried. Guess it's just personal preference.

I've always enjoyed BJJ more than wrestling. Ryron Gracie just gave a seminar at our gym and that was pretty legit. Plus, I do BJJ with my best friend, so that helps. It just sucks that my best friend is a fucking fatass, so when he gets that knee-to-belly when we're rolling, it's OVER for me.

I've always enjoyed BJJ more than wrestling. Ryron Gracie just gave a seminar at our gym and that was pretty legit. Plus, I do BJJ with my best friend, so that helps. It just sucks that my best friend is a fucking fatass, so when he gets that knee-to-belly when we're rolling, it's OVER for me.

Yeah, but I bet when you beat him it feels awesome. I always loved wrestling bigger guys and beating them because it was embarrassing for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back