MMA GSD For March - The Michael Bisping Appreciation Station

Speaking of Keith's. Jardine picked up another win last night.

I seen that also. I was trying to find a video of it, none out there yet that I saw. Good for him though. Hopefully a few more easier fights then he can get back to a bigger named opponent with Bellator or SF.

Just another thing to back up the Dollaway/Munoz fight being stopped accordingly, CB was suspended 60 days for being KO'd.

That's standard procedure. It doesn't necessarily support the stoppage, even though I think it was correct. Dollaway was out. This is standard.

Yea, Bisping is easily a much bigger "heel" than Sonnen.

Not hardly. Sonnen is the bigger heel. I'll get more in to it in a second, though.

Totally forgot about lesnar, so number 2 heel, but he basically made the UFC in britain what it is today, before he came along we got the cards on a sunday night at 9 pm, then after the ultimate fighter we started getting the cards live but with no promotion or advertisement work, for his fight with Rashad they promoted the hell out of it and have done with every card since to what we have over here today. Im not saying that he is the sole reason as to how big it has gotten over here but it certainly sped up the process, he is a massive commodity to Dana for the british market.

This. Bisping is not as big of a heel as Sonnen, but Hans is absolutely right. Bisping has more market value than Sonnen. Like him or hate him, Bisping sells fights.

People want to see him get KTFO or they want him to win. Same can be said for Sonnen, but Bisping holds an international base while Sonnen does not. Bisping is HUGELY responsible for the boom of MMA in the UK. He commands that audience like no other fighter from the UK. He's also probably the most well rounded fighter out of the UK.

That being said, Sonnen is a MUCH bigger heel. Anyone who disagrees need only see the fact that Sonnen made major news headlines when he said Lance Armstrong "deserved" cancer.

Bisping has never even come close to that kind of shit talking.

Sonnen has made some of the most homophobic, xenophobic, and racist statements in history. Every time the guy opens his mouth, some fucked up shit comes out of it. Personally, I love it, but I know people who hate what he's had to say and I can promise you that think Sonnen is a much bigger asshole than Bisping.

"Ed [Soares], pray to whatever Demon effigy you prance and dance in front of with your piglet tribe of savages that I decide not to CRUCIFY you."

"Lance Armstrong did a number of things and he gave himself cancer," Sonnen said on Pro MMA Radio, as transcribed by MMA Mania. "He cheated, he did drugs, and he gave himself cancer. Well, instead of saying 'Hey listen, I cheated and gave myself cancer, don't be like me,' he actually made himself the victim and then went out and profited something like $15 million from this 'Hey, poor me, let's find a cure for cancer' campaign instead of just coming clean and saying, 'Look, here's what I did, I screwed myself up, and I hope people learn from my mistakes.'"

"A.S. [Anderson Silva] Your run is T- 70 days. I'm not a math teacher from Ohio, I'm a gangster from Oregon. Talk is cheap, it takes money to buy whiskey."

My hands are heavy and most importantly they are very fast. I have been called the fastest white man alive. I don't work submissions and not because I am trying to prove something I'm just frankly not very good at 'em. I am very good at getting away. I've never fought anybody whether it was in practice or competition who could hold me down. Even if I thought I could get a submission I'm not laying underneath a grown man with my legs spread on worldwide T.V. Some guys subscribe to that theory but I am a Republican and we don't do that.

Try to find me anything that Bisping has done that even comes close to approaching those kinds of statements.

HAHAHAHA HOLY SHIT. I never knew about the "Fastest White Man alive" quote.

Shinya Aoki vs. Lyle Beerbohm is on for next month. Time to see who can lay claim to having the fanciest pants.

aoki-dolphin.jpg

Ochocinco says he'd fight Anderson Silva

"I'll whip his [expletive]," Ochocinco said at ESPN the Weekend in Orlando, Fla. "I'm not going to the ground. I know if I'm going to fight Anderson, I have to fight him standing up. I'm quicker than him. I know he's good at what he does, but let's not be fooled. I'm one of the elite athletes in the NFL. I'm very fast."

That would be a site to see, Chad would be stopped within 45 seconds or even earlier, depending how fast it takes Chad to throw a punch and Silva to counter it, putting him out cold. I doubt it would ever happen, Dana wouldn't allow it, nor do I think Chad is being serious about it.

I give Ochocinco absolutely zero percent chance of winning that fight. I have a better shot at beating Anderson Silva than Chad Johnson (he went back to Johnson, now, BTW).

If nothing else because I've actually trained.

Just storing these here for options the next time Pat Barry's on a card and we need a picture to use in the LD...

f1sfx.jpg

4TRq5.jpg

L66zn.jpg

H4JAL.jpg

Nah. Barry takes the cake for me. Fucker makes me laugh every time I see him.

I respect it, everyone's sense of humor is different. I love Pat Barry, too, but there's a lot of fucking hilarious dudes in MMA.

Hell Gabe Gonzaga has one gif on the internet that makes me die laughing everytime I see it. I'm to lazy to look it up, but he just goes apeshit, and jumps into a wall. Shit is hilarious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back