MMA GSD For March - The Michael Bisping Appreciation Station

Onto another subject again i'm throwing out two predictions for some upcoming ppvs. I'm set in stone on these, and they will not change. The first being Randy Couture defeating Lyoto Machida by UD. The second being Brock Lesnar beating JDS by tko in the second round. I have the absolute utmost confidence in these picks :)

Lesnar maybe, Couture I disagree. God I hope Lesnar doesn't win but his fight with JDS is a good match up for him. He is bigger and stronger and could wrestle the fuck out of JDS. Scary match up that I hope JDS can come out of victorious.

Fuck that I swear i'm the only guy who stuck around as a fan when he lost. Just wait. They'll pull it out. I don't think about them losing. I'm so confident that they'll win. Call it a strong hunch, but I can just feel it.

I was never a Lesnar fan.....I respect the guy, what he has done in such a short time is impressive as hell. But I have been a JDS fan for awhile now. I'm not arguing that Lesnar can win at all, he has all of the tools to beat JDS. He just has to avoid getting hit.

Couture it'll be a little harder, but if he is as aggressive as Rampage was then I won't completely count him. Hell, I wouldn't count him out regardless. No man has overcome the odds more the Randy. I just think that Machida's striking, or counter striking, will throw Randy off his game. But we won't know until the fight actually goes down.

Back to our conversation from last night another HILARIOUS guy is Matt Mitrione. Dude is awesome. He talks so fucking fast. He is also a great guy, and fighter. He is one of those guys with the mentality that he will always give you a fight, and never Jon Fitch a round. He will either finish, try to finish, or be finished. He is also very motivated. He wants to fight the best of the best.

Anyone notice some similarities between Simple Jack and Matt Mitrione?

tumblr_ldsrjzIbcD1qfymz2o1_500.jpg
52558_matt-mitrione-7_display_image.jpg

That fat guy could beat anyone in the UFC's heavyweight division not named Lesnar, Velasquez, Dos Santos or Carwin. He could maybe even beat Carwin actually. I've got him to beat Mir this Spring.

I don't consider Nelson fat. He has little 'sagginess' and the bulginess of his stomach is so firm and perky that it doesn't put me slightly of when I see him fight.

Me and you Fizz will surely engage in great debate about JDS and Lesnar. Lesnar doesn't like to get hit and isn't really good on his feet compared to JDS. I still am a Lesnar fan, but im an even bigger JDS fan. The man is a beast and is really dangerous. You never know Lesnar could out wrestle him and utilise the G'n'P.

Honestly, I think if we see Junior Dos Santos stuff even one early takedown, it's his to take.

Brock hates eating punches to the chin and goes into fetal position anytime he's rocked. I think Cain showed us to beat Brock while rocked, you have to keep distance and hit accurate shots, instead of bum rushing like Carwin did. If Junior Dos Santos does what Cain did, that would be terrible for Brock. You can't compare Cain and Junior's power. Cain hits hard, but Junior has looping shots that can KO anyone. All of his wins have come from vicious KO other then the Mirko Cro Cop and Roy Nelson fights, but they were both getting the shit kicked out of them. I honestly can't see Brock winning this fight unless he can get this one down and stay on top.

JDS has never shown that he has the takedown defense it takes to stop Lesnar. It doesn't mean he can't, but it is one major thing we ought to take into account. JDS has never fought a wrestler, and has only stopped Roy Nelsons takedowns. I think you are sadly mistaken if you think JDS can just shrug off a takedown attempt from Lesnar. I will go into more detail later when I get on my computer. Typing from my ipod. Just know Lesnar WILL get it to the ground. It'll come down to how fast JDS can get up.

I agree with Fizzy. JDS is not stopping Lesnar from taking him down unless he catches him coming in. It's going to take a VERY high class wrestler to stop Lesnar's takedowns. That's why Carwin and Velasquez were able to keep the fight on the feet for the most part and even they couldn't stop Lesnar from taking them down.

I don't care how good your jiu-jitsu is, if you're not of the highest level of grappling, you're not stopping Lesnar.

Let's frame this a different way. Anderson Silva basically teaches BJJ to JDS along with the Nogs. Anderson has a black belt, JDS only has a brown belt. How well does Anderson do against preventing takedowns?

Keep in mind, this isn't a five round fight. This is only three rounds.

I know somebody will say "But he has good scrambling.". Yea guess who said that. JDS's coach. He isn't going to say "yea he is prone to takedowns.". Let's not forget Lesnar is no slouch in BJJ. He has a fantastic understanding of top control, and will have a size advantage on a guy with little to no wrestling experiance, and decent, but not great BJJ from a belt/accomplishment standpoint. It's a terribly tough fight for JDS.

I can't help but agree with Fizzy and ITGG. Lesnar is an absolute monster when it comes to getting you on the ground and keeping you there, he has excellent control. For JDS it really is a tough situation as we have that stand up versus grappling aspect in this match which i really like. Basically the fight can go two ways, Lesnar ground and pounds JDS into oblivion or JDS keeps it standing and gets the TKO.

I agree, I didn't say Brock couldn't get him down, just that if he can't then he's in for a rough ride.

Although, I don't think he'll win by TKO. Junior doesn't seem like the guy to take a beating like that. I'd say Lesnar keeps good ground control and beats the shit out of him for 3 rounds, either ending in some kind of injury like cut, or Brock unanimous decision.

Mitrione is funny?

Halfway through TUF10 and yeah.. I might have to look him up

I'll be buying my first PPV with UFC 130. I have grown to love a few fighters, and Hamill is one of them, will be watching it with a group who all love Rampage but i'll be supporting him all the way.

After Edgar/Maynard 2.. I have become a fan of the champ and am pumped for the rematch as well.

Though i'll still be watching the cards coming up to it, would be an idiot to miss Bones/Shogun.

Bro buy 129. I believe it will be bigger, and better than even 100. The atmosphere, and the fights all have the potential to be absolutely fantastic. Everybody who considers themselves a fan of MMA should buy this PPV.

Mitrione is funny?

Halfway through TUF10 and yeah.. I might have to look him up

I'll be buying my first PPV with UFC 130. I have grown to love a few fighters, and Hamill is one of them, will be watching it with a group who all love Rampage but i'll be supporting him all the way.

After Edgar/Maynard 2.. I have become a fan of the champ and am pumped for the rematch as well.

Though i'll still be watching the cards coming up to it, would be an idiot to miss Bones/Shogun.

I was about to say...

UFC 129 from Toronto actually looks to be the absolute best card I think I have ever seen.

Two title fights, Machida vs. Couture. Vlady vs. Brilz in what should be a classic grapplers match & the UFC debut of Benson Henderson.

That's definitely the next PPV I am buying. I'll stream Bones vs. Rua & Edgar vs. Maynard 3

You're not alone in your love for Hamill, guy is one of my favorite fighters. I love Rampage, too, but I think I'll be pulling for Hamill.

ITGG I think we have the same mind. We posted the same thing at nearly the same time lol.

99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999%

But who's splitting hairs :lmao:

I'm almost positive that JMT, and myself are Tito's only fans. What can I say? I stick with my fighters until I find a reason not to :blush:

When I say I'll be watching 130, I mean i'll be buying it and watching it on a big tv with mates.

Of course i'll be seeing 129, its looking great, but it'll probably be on the computer.. With you bastards heh

Guys i'll be seeing it with dont really know many names (not even Couture!) Only Lesnar and Rampage really, so they arent interested in seeing guys they dont know. Hopefully the other fights on the card will get them into a few others. Simply I would pay for UFC 129, but I dont know of anyone willing to split it or watch it for that matter so I might as well just check it out by myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back