• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MMA GSD For June: Sorry Fabricio, It's All Overeem

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Anyone who says they wouldn't watch this fight is a LIAR.

BJPENN.COM was the first to learn that James Toney and Ken Shamrock have agreed to face off in an MMA match on Sept. 23 in El Paso, Texas.

While details are still emerging about the venue and fight card, the former UFC fighters are going to face off in a heavyweight attraction in what will be James Toney’s second professional MMA bout.

BJPENN.COM confirmed this with both Toney’s manager and Mr. Toney himself this evening via telephone.

Toney was last seen in MMA action at UFC 118 when he made his first and only appearance in the UFC in what was a losing effort to Randy Couture. Toney recently fought and won a boxing match in February to retain his IBF heavyweight title.

Shamrock is an MMA legend that has seen better days. He was last seen in action at a King of the Cage event last November where he posted his tenth loss in his last fourteen fights. Still, the crafty cage veteran will be a good benchmark for the aspiring Toney and a much more realistic opponent for the newcomer than the likes of Randy Couture.

We will update you as more information becomes available.

By the way, you're all getting an MMA related gift in the Video Games section. More details are coming, but I hope you all enjoy it.

So what major MMA fighters still need avatars here, guys? Cain Velasquez, Jon Jones, Frankie Edgar, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo, Urijah Faber, Dan Henderson, and Nick Diaz are the names that come to mind for me. Here's are avatars I quickly whipped up for Anderson Silva and Nick Diaz. I'll let you guys handle the others.

104fv.jpg

105cyp.jpg

But I'd figure we'd get some input from everyone before throwing avatars in Sly's thread, just so we can pick the best ones so (hopefully) none of them get rejected.

Guida. The future Light Heavyweight Champion.

Oh I can't fucking wait to see Shamrock destroy Toney. Can't. Wait.

So what major MMA fighters still need avatars here, guys? Cain Velasquez, Jon Jones, Frankie Edgar, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo, Urijah Faber, Dan Henderson, and Nick Diaz are the names that come to mind for me. Here's are avatars I quickly whipped up for Anderson Silva and Nick Diaz. I'll let you guys handle the others.

104fv.jpg

105cyp.jpg

But I'd figure we'd get some input from everyone before throwing avatars in Sly's thread, just so we can pick the best ones so (hopefully) none of them get rejected.

Definitely agree with IC on a Guida avatar.
Some that I would like would be Sean Sherk,Matt Hughes,Wanderlei, Rampage and Brian Stann.

Also on the subject of Toney vs Shamrock I cannot fucking wait!! :p

I'd enjoy a Aldo or Anderson avatar, but they'd have to be fucking badass to make me change this one.

Also, the Toney/Shamrock fight is going to be a trainwreck. A hilarious trainwreck, but a trainwreck none the less.

I don't think it will be as bad of a trainwreck because Toney is fucking clueless. I mean Shamrock is washed up sure, but he still knows the basics. Toney doesn't even know the basics, dude looked absolutely pathetic in his fight against Couture and it's obvious he didn't even take the whole MMA career idea seriously and is just in it for a few paychecks. Shamrock should totally destroy his shit with ease honestly, even in his current washed up state.

It all depends on Toney's training. It's possible he actually trains this time. Even so, he'll probably get leg-locked in the first round. I have so much disdain for Shamrock at this point though that I just want somebody to put the nail in his ridiculously destroyed coffin.

carrierlp-46100174115-001-2.jpg

This is the Ken Shamrock of today.

As I said, if you can come up with a fucking kickass Anderson or Aldo avatar, it'd be greatly appreciated, but it has to be truly amazing to make me get rid of this bad boy. I'll rep anybody who even attempts it.

anderson-silva.jpg
This resized would be perfect.

The fight is Shamrock's to lose. Part of me wouldn't be surprised if the fight is fixed and Shamrock is being paid to stand with Toney. Hoping for the best though.

Would it be possible to have the exact picture but smaller? I'd like his whole body in there with the same background as the picture.

Guida. The future Light Heavyweight Champion.

Good suggestion.

Though, let me say as long as Frankie Edgar is Lightweight Champion, Guida will never win that belt. Edgar is the absolute worst possible match-up for Guida. Guida also wouldn't stand a chance in hell against Gilbert Melendez were he to make his way to the UFC.

Oh I can't fucking wait to see Shamrock destroy Toney. Can't. Wait.

I've read that the fight will have some kind of special rules, which most likely won't boat well for Ken Shamrock if that's the case, since I'm sure it'll have something to do with Shamrock being force to stand for a period amount of time, ala Aoki vs. Jienotsu at Dynamite 2010.

Cain and Clay:
cainz.jpg
claynm.jpg

These are all very good. Nice work. :)

Special rules are that if the fight is on the ground for 30 seconds, the ref will stand them up I believe.

Hatsu Hioki got signed by the UFC and will be wrestlefucked for three rounds by Chad Mendes by the end of the year, because unless your name is Okami, Japanese fighters are not successful in the UFC and tend to get wrestlefucked.

Also, scratch my idea... I play a lot of World of Mixed Martial Arts 3 on the train to and from work and wanted to do a 64 man openweight tournament for the MMA Section which would have owned... but then I remembered tournaments aren't allowed without approval.

BREAKING: Marquardt OUT for tomorrow night.

Charlie Brenneman steps in to fight Rick Story, Kongo vs. Barry is the new main event.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back