MMA GSD For June: Sorry Fabricio, It's All Overeem

JMT said:
BTW, IC... first game of the season, New Orleans vs. Green Bay. Brees is going to light that ass up and show he's still the best quarterback in the game.

Yeah, I'm really worried about New Orleans after watching that epic performance against the vaunted Seattle Seahawks in the first round of the playoffs last year...

Dude, CLAY'S GONNA KILL YOU. He was a hungry maniac last year when the season started too...just ask Kevin Kolb, provided Kolb remembers it.

Lol at Stann being an elite striker. That's laughable and once Vitor knock him out this ridiculous notion will be ended. I like Stann but he's not an elite striker, he very good and seems to be well roundead too but he's not elite at stand up.

Not sure who you were responding to here, or who called Stann an "elite striker." But I absolutely love the upswing he's on and where he's going.

Oh. and Joe Rogan sells out at comedy theatres constantly- I mean he sold out even in Australia and England. I'm sure he's doing pretty well for himself. You need to read up on shit before you start spouting it.

Dear God shut-up. as much as your 1-point red rep pained me :rolleyes: Lloyd Boner hits the nail on the head - selling out comedy theatres doesn't always equate to being a good comic. I certainly never made a claim that he wasn't successful as a comic, merely that his comedy sucks. That's my opinion. And I stand by the fact that the UFC has been his most successful venture and that he should keep doing it at least a little while.

I've come to appreciate Diaz than any fighter currently however he's probably not winning this fight but fans will tell themsleves anything to get excited I guess.

This statement makes no sense and I question whether it's even English. Par for the course for you. I despise the Diaz brothers despite any level of appreciation for their talent, and I truly hope GSP outclasses Nick the way he has everyone else thus far.

Yeah, I'm really worried about New Orleans after watching that epic performance against the vaunted Seattle Seahawks in the first round of the playoffs last year...

Oh, you mean the game Drew Brees threw over 400 yards in? That game? Yeah, we lost that because of one shit player (Roman Harper). However, the Saints' defense have made some drastic changes this offseason, and that's even with the strike. If the strike ends anytime soon, there's no telling what other little key pick-ups they can still add to it.

Dude, CLAY'S GONNA KILL YOU. He was a hungry maniac last year when the season started too...just ask Kevin Kolb, provided Kolb remembers it.

LOL

He won't touch Brees, man.

I despise the Diaz brothers despite any level of appreciation for their talent, and I truly hope GSP outclasses Nick the way he has everyone else thus far.

Hope in one hand and shit in the other... see which one was fills up first. ;)

BTW, you guys... calling it now: Nick Diaz will win via kneebar.

[YOUTUBE]_-kuzykF1F4[/YOUTUBE]

I'll take GSP via Unanimous Decision. But I refuse to make a bitch bet on it. I'm almost out of my 60 days as "Joe Killed IC25" and am not taking that risk again...

Lol at Stann being an elite striker. That's laughable and once Vitor knock him out this ridiculous notion will be ended. I like Stann but he's not an elite striker, he very good and seems to be well roundead too but he's not elite at stand up.

Oh. and Joe Rogan sells out at comedy theatres constantly- I mean he sold out even in Australia and England. I'm sure he's doing pretty well for himself. You need to read up on shit before you start spouting it.

I've come to appreciate Diaz than any fighter currently however he's probably not winning this fight but fans will tell themsleves anything to get excited I guess.

And just like that, you're back on the ignore list.

Anyways, the UFC posted a picture of Fedor on their Facebook. Fucking awesome...

Not sure who you were responding to here, or who called Stann an "elite striker." But I absolutely love the upswing he's on and where he's going.

Compton called him an elite striker which is laughable.

Dear God shut-up. as much as your 1-point red rep pained me :rolleyes: Lloyd Boner hits the nail on the head - selling out comedy theatres doesn't always equate to being a good comic. I certainly never made a claim that he wasn't successful as a comic, merely that his comedy sucks. That's my opinion. And I stand by the fact that the UFC has been his most successful venture and that he should keep doing it at least a little while.

Rogan has stated before tha he enjoys comedy more than commentating fights since it allows him to be with his family. Success isn't always measured by financials though I'm sure selling out thatres around the world and having one of the top podcasts on ITUnes menas UFC is a much more successfull venture.

This statement makes no sense and I question whether it's even English. Par for the course for you. I despise the Diaz brothers despite any level of appreciation for their talent, and I truly hope GSP outclasses Nick the way he has everyone else thus far.

It makes perfect sense and your hatred for them is stupid and unwaranted.

Stann has seven wins via first round KO, and 8 wins via KO total, including one over the hard headed Chris Leben. I don't think I flat-out said he was an elite striker, maybe I insinuated it, but regardless, he's a high level striker, if that definition makes you any happier.

It's been a long time since I've watched the fights by the way, but didn't Diaz get pretty badly GnP'ed out by both Sherk and Diego?

He also hasn't faced anything close to a high level wrestler since then so we really don't know for sure.

Speaking of getting wrestled on, the UFC Live main event for this month is now Marquardt vs. Story. Jeffue, can you update the calendar?

The UFC has placed a rocketship on Rick Story for some ungodly reason.

I'm really becoming a fan of Story. Glad to see him take another high profile fight.

If Story wins then he'll likely be in a number one contender fight. Can't really argue with it either if he picks up a win on Marquardt.

I think Story's going to wrestle the crap out of Marquardt and then fight Fitch in a title eliminator by the end of the year. With Fitch seemingly ducking Story, we could be seeing #1 contender Rick Story by this time next year.

Stann has seven wins via first round KO, and 8 wins via KO total, including one over the hard headed Chris Leben. I don't think I flat-out said he was an elite striker, maybe I insinuated it, but regardless, he's a high level striker, if that definition makes you any happier.

And the thing is, those weren't Shane Carwin knockouts where all it took was one hard punch for him to win; no, Stann outstruck all of those guys, and Chris Leben and Jorge Santiago are both very good stand-up fighters.

It's been a long time since I've watched the fights by the way, but didn't Diaz get pretty badly GnP'ed out by both Sherk and Diego?

I thought Diaz won the Sherk fight, personally. Sherk got a couple of takedowns, but did nothing with them. On the feet he would throw weak punches and then run. Read the stats of the fight here:

http://hosteddb.fightmetric.com/events/details/53

And the Diego fight was bullshit also. First of all, Diego was dripping fucking wet when that fight started, so every time Diaz would get close to catching Diego off his back, Diego slipped right out. Secondly, what Diego did was take Diaz down, and then stand over him while throwing down a punch here and there. As Fizzy stated, Diaz has improved much since then (that fight was over 5 years ago, mind you) and would never allow something like that to happen to him again, nor do I think GSP would ever take that approach.

Diaz can be taken down, no one will argue that, but to be held for 5 Rounds? That's another story.

Duly noted. I'm inclined to agree with you, though I wouldn't go quite as far as to say it's laughable. I'd term the concept of Stann as an "elite striker" to be hyperbolic, though.

Rogan has stated before tha he enjoys comedy more than commentating fights since it allows him to be with his family. Success isn't always measured by financials though I'm sure selling out thatres around the world and having one of the top podcasts on ITUnes menas UFC is a much more successfull venture.

I'd never fault a guy for making a choice based on what makes them happy, even if the sacrifice is monetary success. If he enjoys the comedy more, then by all means good for him for potentially following it. In terms of monetary success and level of fame, however, it seems that UFC is his strongest venture.

It makes perfect sense and your hatred for them is stupid and unwaranted.

I disagree. Both the Diaz brothers have rubbed me the wrong way since day one, and its been a fun bone of contention between JMT and I for well over a year now. I find them both to be punks - wanna be thugs - and I despise their attitudes. Between the Nashville incident and how Nick treated Diego Sanchez before and after his loss to him, I think they are both over rated and carry WAY too big a chip on their shoulders. I do respect their work ethic and their matches are frequently exciting - I just don't like them as people. It's neither stupid nor unwarranted.

I honestly believe the Diaz brothers act the way they do only towards their opponents and to uphold their marketable image. IMO they do it to gain a psychological advantage over their opponent- which Nick Diaz has reasoned before in interviews.

I was wrong about your hate of the Diaz bro's, since their entire image is based on a love hate relationship with the fans and that's what makes them so damn good too. Watch these videos to gain an understanding of the other side of Nick Diaz and his borther Nate,

[YOUTUBE]T_NzErHdngk[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]xW6AecUZX5c[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]TaQssTB4Lwc[/YOUTUBE]

rhvk9s.gif.pagespeed.ce.gYO5B86mq7.gif

With a win over Ben Henderson, Jim Miller gets a title shot.

I've been on the Jim Miller bandwagon for a couple of years now. Here's hoping he gets the win over Bendo and a much deserved chance to win the title.

Disappointed in Pettis. He's got a ton of potential though to threaten a guy like Guida like he did.

With a win over Ben Henderson, Jim Miller gets a title shot.

I've been on the Jim Miller bandwagon for a couple of years now. Here's hoping he gets the win over Bendo and a much deserved chance to win the title.

I love the Miller brothers and would love to see Jim get a title shot. He looked awesome in his last fight in the UFC.

Disappointed in Pettis. He's got a ton of potential though to threaten a guy like Guida like he did.

Just about every good fighter has a bump in the road on their way to the top. Pettis will be fine... he's in a great camp, is still very young, and his guard from the bottom certainly threatened Guida on a few occasions last night. Right now, Pettis needs to work on his grappling, and finding a way to top position if taken down. I assume he'll be working with Ben Askren a lot more from here on out.

I would love to see Pettis take on someone like Dennis Siver or Melvin Guillard for his next fight. Talk about fun standup wars...

He should've got a shot after the Shalrous fight and was more deserving than Pettis was initially. Miller's one of the most well rounded guys in MMA and I'm picking a victory over Benson.

And threatening Guida of your back isn't extremely impressive and most submission attempts by Pettis, Guida was able to negate.

HOLY FUCK did anyone say that Pettis not being able to submit Guida from his back was "extremely impressive"? All I did was make a point saying that Pettis showcased a really decent guard, but he has work to do.

This is the second time that you decided to put words in my mouth. Read posts before throwing your nonsense around. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back