• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MMA GSD For August is Shocked That They Have Computers in Brazil

P7fSD.jpg

Im all for Lytle in the HoF, saw him fight live in Australia at UFC: 127 against Ebersole and he won the respect of everybody in that arena. He really does think about the fans and lives and breathes MMA.

UFC has made a deal with Fox which includes airing up to four MMA events a year on thge station. Big push into the mainstream.

MMABay is reporting Lesnar/Overeem for UFC 140. They're typically full of shit so don't take this as fact.

Lesnar would totally kill Valentijn Overeem.

Fizz, I'm not seeing anything on Shogun on the usual sites. Not that I don't believe you, but what's your source?

On the Underground somebody made a thread about it. Somebody close to Shogun and his camp posted something about it on Facebook. Poster named Hammers Hamil who has caused quite a stir lately also said something about it but said nobody knows how serious it is nor is it confirmed. Just a rumor right now.

Fox deal is official and it's huge. Oh and they're dropping the gladiator opening.

Well it's November something or other for the Fox debut, Lesnar won't be ready. Would like to see Mir/Overeem though if possible. Only two fights are going to be on the debut show apparently. Hope all the prelims are aired on Facebook still, I always look forward to that.

You're only making his argument stronger, guys...

It was bound to catch up with him. Chael Sonnen has been spouting off about Brazil for the past year and it seems that finally MMA fans have had enough. Over 2500 Brazilian fans have "RSVP'd" to a Facebook event called "Linchamento do Chael Sonnen" (English: Lynching of Chael Sonnen). The page has the following description:

"Guys, everyone is aware of what this insect has been spewing about Brazil, the fighters, of the people of this country, of our culture. I think we should give him a "warm welcome" when he comes to attend UFC Rio on the 27th, since Brazilians carries the fame of being sympathetic, hospitable, warm people, how about a big party for our friend Chael Sonnen?"

Quick notes:

Chael will not be cornering Yushin Okami next week.

Tim Sylvia got a win against a 9-6 fighter coming back from a two year hiatus and Sean McCorkle beat a 1-13 fighter. Good job guys! 1-13... why would you not take a step back and say, "maybe this isn't the right career path for me" when you get to be like 1-7?

Bisping called Chael "gay" on Twitter, and Nogueira said that he wouldn't feel comfortable grappling with a gay guy. These comments have come out post-Fox deal. Good job guys.

Wait... did Bisping call Chael gay, or was it Mayhem? I saw when he called Mayhem gay for the sister thing, but I didn't hear anything about Chael. Guess I'll have to look it up. I hope it's true, though. I'd love to see Chael go off on another tangent about Bisping, and maybe even attack the UK as a whole. You know he has some great riot jokes up his sleeve, lol.

And I don't think what Big Nog said was a big deal. A lot NFL players would give a similar answer if asked the question of if they could shower with a gay teammate, which is why they're never asked that in the first place.

@sonnench wow, pretty gay shit right there. Just saying.

read my next tweet for all the people complaining about using the word gay, its taken from the wikipedia dictionary

heres the link for the do gooders, en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay read the last paragraph bitches, oh shit thats offensive to women and dogs!

hold on a second, does this mean I cant say ass bandit?

so miller gets nicked for getting his sister in a headlock, but she escapes. 2 things, thats gay and I guess I don't worry about guillotines

He pretty much called Chael gay. Chael's surprisingly been quiet about it as he's been on Twitter making more Nogueira-is-a-neanderthal jokes (i.e. "Big Nog is shocked that planes can fly without feathers")

The thing about Nogueira is, he could have easily said that he has no problem with gay people and not elaborated further. There's pretty much no upside to say what he said to a reporter, especially when the sport is going to have more eyes on it now than ever before.

True, but I think being Brazilian gives him a pass for stuff like that. GLAAD isn't about to attack people from different cultures and countries.

Yeah, Palhares has the glassiest jaw at Middleweight... he'd get destroyed.

Palhares vs. Maia needs to go down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back