• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MMA GSD for September is Driving Back to Stockton... Fuck Your Motherrrrr

Nate's chin isn't like Nick's. If Gomi hits him, he's going down. Also, Gomi has been working on his BJJ so I doubt Nate will be able to sub him. Gomi should have this one in the bag.

So I just woke up, Dream 17 is on and some dude fighting Sakuraba came out to "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz.

I hope he gets destroyed by the corpse of Sakuraba purely on principle.

Recorded that; thanks for spoiling in for me. Just kidding man, but I'm glad Varner lost. I really don't like that guy.

Varner lost and Rogers lost to Eddie Sanchez? Well I was never a Rogers fan but that dude is far beyond done if he's losing to guys like that. Also some good news, Marcus Davis picked up a win his first time fighting in his home state of maine, scored a sub 60 seconds into the 1st round. :icon_biggrin:

I like Marcus Davis a lot so that makes me happy. He's riding a 3 fight win streak right now so maybe he can make it back to the UFC soon.

Hopefully that was his last fight.

At least Aoki looked incredible. He needs to make his way to the UFC.

I don't think he can adjust his style to suit a cage well enough to fight full time in a cage. He belongs in Japan which I don't usually say.

Nah, I think he can. The only kind of fighter that can beat Aoki is a great wrestler with great striking as well, ala Gilbert Melendez. And that breed is extremely rare in MMA right now.

Don't know, I think he'd get beaten by the top 5-6. He'd have a chance against Guillard albeit a small one because he would be able to sub him if he got it to the ground, but he'd most likely get KOed to fast to do much. I'd have him above Guida and Miller, but below Henderson, Edgar, Maynard, Melvin, and obviously Melendez.

I personally think Koscheck is underestimating Matt Hughes. How anyone can do that is beyond me. Koscheck will do the same thing he's done many times, just like the last fight, talk shit and talk shit and then get in the Octagon and get beaten. I really think Koscheck's going to be outclassed by Hughes, and I'm hoping for a submission.

I also think Bones Jones is overhyped. UFC seems to constantly do this; a fighther has a good streak and wins the title and they're suddenly praising him as the Messiah. Jones is a great fighter but I think he's overhyped, he's not what UFC is trying to market him as being, and he's still got a lot to learn. It'll be those reasons, and the fact Rampage is determined and really looking like a focused beast, that I think Rampage is going to win. I might be wrong, but I would absolutely love to see Rampage knock Jones out and regain the title.

Gomi's also going to win, although it'll likely be a war. The rest of the fights really don't have much interest to me.

This post is the best post.

For onced my predictions were all spot on except for Hunt beating Rothwell, didn't see that happening.

- If Jones beats Rashad and Lyoto than I don't see him losing the belt for a long time.

- Hughes may take one or two hand picked fights...but with who? Few legends at WW.

- No more HW fights at high altitude. Please.

- Browne vs Meathead is Mitrione passes Kongo. Hunt vs Carwin makes me wet.

- Way to depress me Gomi. Nate impresses, still lacks the wrestling to be a force at LW.

- Kos vs Ellenberger sounds good by me. Or Ellenberger vs Diego.

- The Promise Ring isn't very promise-ing....see what I did there...

- I'm going to go into MMA overload the next few weeks, and I'll love every second of it.

I'm going to go into MMA overload the next few weeks, and I'll love every second of it.

Same frickin here, having TUF start and 135 last week, Cruz vs Johnson this weekend and 136 the next is as close to heaven as i'll ever get. What makes it even better is my top 3 boys are all fighting between 136 and 137(Stann,Condit,Cerrone) so I am very excited.

Saturday all I did was eat and watch fights. When you're married to somebody who loves MMA as well, you kinda forget about having a life when it's the day of a PPV.

I watched the Titan Fighting Championships and Dream 16, even though I think it just showed the fights, and not the entrances etc, i don't know; wasn't really sure, but it seemed really short (along with the UFC event). Saving Dream 17 for later; heard it was a pretty good event.

I only caught the main event for Dream 17, but that was enough for me. Love me some Shinya Aoki. I do want to catch the Gerald Harris/Nakamura fight though.

I have been attempting on going through each season for a while. Almost done Season 2, but it's taken me a long time to get through it.

Season 2 was pretty fun, loved when Hughes made Whitehead and Stevenson do that body wrap challenge and made em do it for hours only to have Franklin forfeit and keep his boys fresh, classic. Oh and Rashad building on the stereotype that black people can't swim in the team swimming challenge >_<

I know why you like 5 ;)
[YOUTUBE]kfuGdsWz2_k&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PLB11881B32A531B00[/YOUTUBE]
That man right there, Nate Diaz.I loved when he subbed Gray on the show, I was so pissed that he lost the rematch at Fight Night. And this scene, frickin Karo "The Juice" Parysian lets his supplements get to him and totally randomly starts fucking with nate, I was so confused when this happened. I always wanted them to get matched up after the show so Nate could get some revenge, atleast Nate could laugh at the fact that Karo got caught using in the UFC 94 post fight drug test and then when he came back at 123 he got destroyed by Speedo Torpedo. Diaz FTW!:icon_mrgreen:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back