• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MMA GSD for April: The Countdown to GSP Beating a Dead Horse

I don't know if anyone would care to know this, but I have actually met Dana personally. My good friend's dad is one of his friends/business partners so I got the chance to meet him. Pretty fun time.

I'm headed to Purdue. Trust me the decision was actually very difficult to make, but you knowing how my personal life is going right now Purdue is probably the better thing for me then sitting around.

Yeah, hope you have a great time, man.

UFC 129 has a huge chance of being extremely disappointing, anyway. With the exception of the Nate Diaz fight, nothing really interests me outside the main event, tbh.

The atmosphere is guaranteed to be incredible, though. That's actually what I'm most looking forward to with this show.

I don't know, I think Aldo/Hominick could be an excellent fight. I truly believe Hominick could very well be the toughest test to date for Jose.

Nah, I think that fight's going to be very similar to Aldo/Faber, except Hominick will be finished before round 4.

Aldo's toughest fight will come if/when the UFC signs Hatsu Hioki.

Not saying much since Aldo has taken a shit on everybody he has faced.

True, but Hominick is the deadliest striker he has faced so far and that is what interests me. I am not denying at all that I think Aldo can and will destroy Hominick, but I am giving him a slight chance.

I wouldn't call Hominick a deadly striker, man. He had a good boxing display against TUF reject George Roop and Mr.Throw Nothing But Sloppy Haymakers Leonard Garcia... out-striking those two clowns doesn't prove anything to me.

Maybe deadly was the wrong choice of words, but I do think he is a better striker then Brown, Faber, Swanson and Gamburyan. Once again, doesn't say much but it is something that does interest me in this fight. I just want to see if he can hang with Jose. I'm thinking no, he won't even come close, but crazier things have happened in MMA right?

He has a shot as he is a decent striker. Aldo is better at that though, as well as on the ground. Punchers chance is what i'm thinking.

Yeah they have, but the only way I see that happening is if Aldo comes into the fight thinking it's a cakewalk. You don't EVER want to underestimate someone, no matter how much you and everybody else already knows you're better than that opponent. If Aldo shows up as the same Jose Aldo we've seen in his previous fights, Hominick shouldn't stand a chance in hell of beating him.

I mean, even if by some miracle Hominick's boxing is enough to out-strike Aldo, Aldo could still then take the fight to the ground and win it that way.

Like JMT said, there is only one FW that can give Aldo trouble and he isn't in the UFC. It's scary that Aldo is so young and so skilled.

I think Chad Mendes could give Aldo a helluva fight. He hasn't really faced a high level wrestler yet, and if anything we could see how good Aldo's BJJ is.

LD will be up later tonight.

Im so gutted that im away until tuesday on holiday, all my mma loving friends have been told not to text or bbm me about the results and i shall need to stay off facebook on my phone as UFC is one of my "likes" which is gonna be hard as im a relative noob on FB and it has become addictive. Lyoto, Aldo, Henderson, Brilz and GSP. Oh well i suppose i will just need to wait until tuesday night/ wednesday morning as Tenerife will make up for it :D

I think Chad Mendes could give Aldo a helluva fight. He hasn't really faced a high level wrestler yet, and if anything we could see how good Aldo's BJJ is.

This is a very good point. It really all depends how good Mendes' sub-defense is. We haven't seen Aldo off his back in MMA yet, but he's still regarded as one of the best BJJ practitioners in the World, so we have to assume he's incredible from the bottom.

I think Aldo would fare well against wrestlers. His BJJ is very highly regarded, and his knees make it a danger for any wrestler to shoot. Not to mention he is very fast and has shown good TDD when opponents have shot in. It is intriguing though, and would certainly gauge how well Aldo would do against wrestlers that run the LW division.

So, i've been thinking about the next few months of UFC PPVs and I realized how fucking great they are. I'm expecting some real quality fights in the next few months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back