• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MMA GSD For July is Dropping H-Bombs on Russia

Turd Ferguson

DA-DA Da Da Da Bah Da Da DADADA
Calendar
7/2 - UFC 132: Cruz vs. Faber II
7/16 - DREAM.17: Featuring Mousasi, Zaromskis vs. Sakurai, Todd Duffee vs. some guy nicknamed Afrozilla, and Tatsuya Kawajiri
7/22 - Strikeforce Challengers 17: Voelker vs. Bowling III
7/23 - Bellator 47 - Warren vs. Freire
7/30 - Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Henderson

Essential Websites:
http://www.mma.ly
http://www.ufc.com

Noteworthy:
  • Nate Marquardt fucked up, is fired. Will soon be wrestled on for 5 rounds by Ben Askren.
  • Hatsu Hioki has signed with the UFC
  • Junior Dos Santos has fired Ed Soares. JDS continues to rule.
  • Chael Sonnen is free to apply for licensure.
  • Cheick Kongo won a fight without having to knee his opponent's balls into oblivion.
  • Matt Mitrione is literally two fights away from a title shot.
  • Brett Rogers is a douchebag for beating the crap out of his wife, got rightfully fired.

''Russia Will Be Chokin Out All With Mediocre Sub Defense and Ground Work'' should have been your title here buddy ;)

-Marquardt really didn't help himself by inviting his mouthpiece to the MMA Hour interview. He seems like a good enough guy but there's still something shady about the whole story and I still honestly think the TRT was needed because of bad cycling.

-Very interested in who they give Hioki as a warm up fight. Florian is on tap it seems to face Aldo some time this fall so I expect Hatsu to debut around the same time as to set up a sweet New Years Eve fight between Aldo/Hioki. I say give him Tyson Griffin.

-Dos Santos is the shit; Soares is obnoxious. Good move Cigano. Just hope this doesn't create any riffs between JDS and other Blackhouse guys, great team to work with.

-I have a feeling they're looking for Chael vs Stann. Which would be a dumb move I believe because Stann is so damn marketable and an inevitable loss to Sonnen would erase the progress he's made. Personally I wouldn't give a shit, I'm just pointing that out from a business standpoint. Chael vs winner of Silva/Leben makes a little bit of sense too.

-What an unlucky night for Barry. He was seconds away from an upset and the biggest win of his career. He was criticized for his lack of killer instinct against Beltran and Cro-Cop...then he shows instinct and gets knocked the fuck out. He was doing everything right up to that point and then brain farted by letting his hands down. I say give him Moorecraft if they don't cut him.

-I like Meathead. I never thought I'd say that, but the guy is fun. His fights are fun, he's humble and he keeps shit real. He's also shown that he can be a legit name in the division most surprisngly. The division being as shallow as it is, there's really no middle ground fighters for him to take on right now. The only names I can think of that would make some sense would be Browne, Kongo or Russow. Names like Nelson and even Mir have been tossed around, both I feel would be to much for Mitrione at this point I think but his shelf life is limited.

-Brett Rogers career is as over as his marriage it seems.

Sorry Armbar, but my money is on Hendo knocking out Fedor. Should be a great fight regardless.

Fuck you guys.

Hendo didn't knock out Jake Shields and Fedor has immeasurably better standup/chin then Shields. It could happen if Fedor wants to trade bombs, but hopefully he gets it to the ground and chokes out Hendo ala Silva.

Fuck you guys.

Hendo didn't knock out Jake Shields and Fedor has immeasurably better standup/chin then Shields. It could happen if Fedor wants to trade bombs, but hopefully he gets it to the ground and chokes out Hendo ala Silva.

35klnp0.jpg

Who needs Photoshop when you have Paint!

Fuck you guys.

Hendo also stood with Franklin their entire fight and didn't land a really good shot in that one, either.

People have to remember that Fedor was winning the stand-up in his last two fights... it was his ground game that was hurting.

Fedor's going to whoop Hendo's ass, especially now that he's training with Aleks again. The fight's going to be much like Fedor vs. Rogers. Mark my words.

I'm not counting Fedor out, Armbar, I just think Hendo will win the fight. I have nothing but respect for Fedor but Henderson appears to be the better fighter at this time and I think his recent momentum will continue. I won't disappointed one bit though if Fedor wins, it'd actually be really nice to see him pick up the win.

Predictions for UFC 132

Dominic Cruz vs Urijah Faber - Dominic Cruz by Decision.
Wanderlei Silva vs Chris Leben - Chris Leben by TKO in the second round.
Tito Ortiz vs Ryan Bader - Ryan Bader by TKO in the third round.
Carlos Condit vs Dong Hyun Kim - Carlos Condit by Decision.
Dennis Siver vs Matt Wiman - Matt Wiman by Submission in the second round.

Fight of the night will be Chris Leben vs Wanderlei Silva.
KO of the night will be Melvin Guillard over Shane Roller
Submission of the fight will be George Sotiropoulos over Rafael Dos Anjos

Chael has called out Machida for a "Tune-Up Fight" before going back down to 185.

Make it happen... Chael's trash talk would be LEGENDARY.

I'd hate to see Sonnen fight Machida, because he'd get fucking destroyed by Lyoto and I like Chael.

Watched some of this UCMMA show the other day, which is basically the new British version of Cage Rage, same people involved funding it and shit. Lots of stoppages on the show, was pretty fun.

Just finished downloading last night's PPV, can't wait to watch it. Sounded like an amazing show.

Does Lyoto know how to throw a triangle?

If not, then Sonnen wins by unanimous decision, you heard it here first.

HOLY FUCK YES

A fight between Chael Sonnen and Lyoto Machida is all but a done deal.

Sources close to the situation tell Fighters Only that Sonnen will be making his UFC return at light-heavyweight and is almost certain to face the Brazilian former champion.

The fight is apparently being considered for UFC 136, which takes place on October 8th in Houston, Texas. No fights have been announced for that card but Jose Aldo and Kenny Florian are expected to headline.

Machida is a fighter that Sonnen has long had his eye on, and not just because he is a training partner and friend of Sonnen’s favourite smack-talk target Anderson Silva.

Sonnen made comments at the weekend about possibly fighting Machida when he returns to action, and has been taking potshots at him via Twitter (although that is nothing new).

The latest - “Of course your sport should be taken seriously. Everybody would like to be able to workout in their bathrobe” - is a dig at Machida’s background in Shotokan Karate.

He also slammed the recent spate of videos depicting Black House fighters training with Steven Segal. “I don't seek training advice from actors for the same reason I don't seek health advice from strippers.”

Today Machida told Brazilian website Tatame that he will sign for the fight immediately if Sonnen really wants it, but sources say that verbal agreements are already in place at this point.

More news as we get it.

Oh man, now I'm fucking torn. I've been a fan of Machida's since day one, but Sonnen is such an entertaining character that it's almost impossible not to root for him when he fights. I was screaming my head off when he fought Silva and nearly had him beat before that hail mary submission. A win over Machida would be HUGE for Sonnen.

I think I'd still be rooting for Machida though. The guy is like a real-life Street Fighter character.

Don't like it. If Chael wants to fight at 205, I'd rather see him face Tito Ortiz. That fight would at least be hilarious.

Machida is perhaps the worst possible match-up for Sonnen. He won't be able to take Machida down, and there's no way his boxing can measure up to Machida's all around stand-up. Machida will win a decision... I guarantee it.

He won't be able to take Machida down

:wtf:

There is no one in the MW division or LHW division that Chael couldn't take down, I gaurantee that. Machida does have excellent take down defense but Chael could get him down multiple times. Whether or not he'd get subbed is a different story...

I don't know about this one. I'm obviously a Chael fan (me and Guy were before it seemed jsut about every one hopped on his nuts) but I like Lyoto as well. It would be fun I suppose but I don't see how it benefits anyone. I'd like to see Leben vs Chael or even Munoz vs Chael.

Shit right now? In between MW and WW ha, about 177 ish. Also known as Rich Franklin-weight division.

My fears have been lifted. Stay down there, I don't need my ass kicked on a daily basis. I'm looking at a temp service that could offer me a 50 hour a week job. 5 days a week, but a new fighting group opened up a gym about 2 miles from my house. I plan on getting into the one a week 3 hour class for a weekend workout and to sharpen my skills. I need to work on my Boxing hardcore. I haven't taken a good punch in a few years.

They have that, and a pretty good Ju-jitsu teacher from a larger town down the road. His bio says he's been in it for 15 years. But I would either have to cut down from 290 to 265 and hit heavy or just stay in the superheavyweight and trim and get my stamina up. The local amature fights around here have alot of sloppy Supers i've seen some of them fight and it's fucking terrible. I would love to drop a couple tie in knees to some of their noses.

I know my ground game with a little work can be ok. I've been self teaching through pratice with a couple of fighters for about 2 years now. Just have them show me the proper movements, then work on it with them. But I wrestled in school in the heavyweight division. I was a district level wrestler. So I should be allright for the novice class. Lol it's only 30 bucks a month for 4 three hour classes.

They have that, and a pretty good Ju-jitsu teacher from a larger town down the road. His bio says he's been in it for 15 years. But I would either have to cut down from 290 to 265 and hit heavy or just stay in the superheavyweight and trim and get my stamina up. The local amature fights around here have alot of sloppy Supers i've seen some of them fight and it's fucking terrible. I would love to drop a couple tie in knees to some of their noses.

Being that big and fighting locally is a double edged sword; you have a high chance of getting knocked the fuck out because when you fight guys that big...shit happens. The other side being the most likely reason such fatties are fighting at that weight is because they're horrible amateurs who aren't smart/motivated enough to fight under 265 which should be the absolute biggest anyone fights at not named Bob Sapp. So by dropping down to below 265 you're going to be in better condition all arund but you will run into more serious guys rather than natural light-heavies who are just way to fucking lazy to drop to 205. Either way, the heavies and light heavy amateurs on the local side of things are FAR less skilled on an athletic level than the lower classes. Hence the more shallow HW division even in the big leagues.

I know my ground game with a little work can be ok. I've been self teaching through pratice with a couple of fighters for about 2 years now. Just have them show me the proper movements, then work on it with them. But I wrestled in school in the heavyweight division. I was a district level wrestler. So I should be allright for the novice class. Lol it's only 30 bucks a month for 4 three hour classes.

Whatever floats your frito boat man, just know what you're getting into if you decide to compete.

Thank you! If Chael cuts down to 185 after his possible fight with Lyoto, I hope this takes place. I don't think they've ever fought each other before, right?

No they haven't. Chael vs Lyoto has no real purpose outside of being promotable and you run the risk of losing either a contender at 205 or 185. Everyone wants to see Sonnen earn another shot at Anderson and many think that Machida is the only guy with a real shot to beat Jones. There's so many options for Chael at 185 still; Leben, Belfort, Akiyama, Munoz, Stann, Santiago and more. I'm expecting to see Machida matched up with the Franklin if Ace beats Lil Nog or maybe even the winner of Vlady/Gustaffson.

So i'll weigh in on this a bit, I have Hendo by KO. But it's really a toss up, I love both of these guys and Fedor could easily do it but Hendo is still goin strong and has more of a career left. I want Hendo to come back to the UFC with the SF title and hopefully that scores him a title shot when he makes it back, as stupid as I might sound saying this I think has the best style to deal with Jon Jones and even though it's a small chance I think he could do it.

On Lyoto and Chael throwing down....HOLY SHIT!
This fight has the potential of being amazing, and even though it will be very very difficult I have faith in my boy Chael, he can do it and decision Lyoto. And that's the bottom line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back