• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MMA GSD For July is Dropping H-Bombs on Russia

So wait, the Machida fight is off and he's facing Stann now?

Lame. Machida/Sonnen had me excited. Oh well, it'll still be a good fight.

The Machida fight was all rumor. None of it was set in stone, other then Sonnen talking a bunch of shit about Machida on twitter.

I could see Chael being respectful towards Stann while laying into Anderson Silva, sort of like he did against Marquardt.

KOS.jpg

Get ready for Koscheck/Leben II. Hopefully this fight is better than last time.

If Leben and Kos fight again, I will root for Leben as hard as I'm rooting for Diaz against GSP.

Man, I'll be conflicted if Kos and Leben fight, but I think I'll end up pulling for Kos more. Weird that Kos would ask for that fight now seeing as all of that bad blood appeared to be water under the bridge now a days.

I hate them both, so i'm hoping for a double KO.

In other news, just got home from vacation and took a peak at the first few fights of 132. Just finished Wandy/Leben and it pains me to see Wand being so fucking stupid. His chin isn't great and I believe he could have won if he fought like he did against Bisping. Oh well another legend down. I'll watch Cruz/Faber later tonight as well as Siver/Wiman as I didn't pay attention to that fight.

Recommend me some good Pride and Dream events to watch. I'm looking to expand my horizons and watch some Japanese MMA more than I have in the past.

Hioki debuts at 137 against George Roop. Good that they gave him a tune up fight before giving him a title shot. Get him accustomed to the UFC atmosphere and the Octagon. Easy win though as he should have no trouble dispatching Roop.

Roop wins fights he shouldn't win so I'm a little nervous but in all reality Hioki should take this. He can deal with Roops stand up which is pretty mediocre and definitely sub him on the ground. I hope to see Aldo/Hioki instead of Aldo/Mendes because Mendes bores me to fucking tears honestly.

Roop's knockout on Zombie may be the biggest fluke in MMA history.

I can't wait to see Hioki knock that tool out and then go on to beat Aldo (who will kill Kenny) to be the first Japanese fighter to win a Championship in the UFC.

Beat Aldo? Hot damn I guess I should get familiar with Hioki. Any recommended fights JMT?

His two wins over Hominick and his win over Curran are good places to start. He has decent and is slick on the ground. He also had a good, close fight with Omigawa that many believe he won. Omigawa got the decision.

Hioki's fight with Marlon Sandro is the fight that opened mine, and everyone else's eyes about him truly being a top tier fighter in the FW Division.

Sandro is Aldo's #1 training partner and the one person in the Featherweight Division who people thought may have had better stand-up than Aldo. And Hioki dominated him in EVERY aspect of the game in their fight. The fight's on Youtube... five videos though so I won't post it. But it's highly recommended if you're looking into checking out Hioki at his best.

In the meantime, here's a cool highlight vid of him:

[YOUTUBE]KTUmEWwTdI4[/YOUTUBE]

Hioki has two factors working against him:

1.) Roop is tough as nails and as Armbar stated, wins a lot of fights he shouldn't win.
2.) He's a Japanese fighter who we think is good. The only successful Japanese fighter is Yushin Okami. Every Japanese star who comes over here has no success at all. Happens every time.

I want to see Hioki succeed, believe me, but I think as soon as he runs into Chad Mendes, he's in big trouble.

I want to see Hioki succeed, believe me, but I think as soon as he runs into Chad Mendes, he's in big trouble.

Chad Mendes as FW champ scares the shit out of me. It would be the equivalent as Maynard as LW champ. And don't let his second fight with Edgar fool you, that was a fluke and his only exciting fight. Or ya know...Fitch as champ.

As far as Japanese fighters making the transition...yeah things rarely work out for them. It could be a number of factors but it's pretty hard to ignore that trend.

[YOUTUBE]5C6Z9lj5BRc[/YOUTUBE]

Kongo admitted the second knee to Cro Cop's nuts was intentional. Scumbag.

Tito should step up and say he wants to take his place. This is his big chance to REALLY get back in the mix, because he definitely can beat Rashad Evans.

I was thinking Rich Franklin getting upgraded to the main event to fight Rashad while Matyushenko got bumped up to fight Lil Nog. Gustafson can fight Elliot Marshall or something.

Fancy that, there was a troll the other day who said this exact thing would happen, only he had no idea. Fucker led on a poop ton of people.

Anyway, i'm with you JMT. No risk in this fight for Tito considering he would take it on a few weeks notice and a ton of reward if he were able to beat Rashad. Hugh opportunity for my man. Other than that though, Rashad is cursed. I'm convinced. Every fucking time he has a fight scheduled, it gets cancelled. Just another reason for me to loath him.

Haha... thanks for the correction, Guy. From that angle I could have sworn it was Fitch. I just thought he had a haircut or something. It was the damn tattoo on the chest that threw me off, lol.

My point still stands, though. I'm sure Fitch walks around at over 200 pounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back