MMA November - Anderson The Turkey is Ducking Chael. What a Chicken.

That's actually exactly what I thought. It was like a punt and didn't have an angle on the kick. I have no idea what he was aiming to hit if it wasn't the groin.

Didnt Vila lose as well? That sucks because I like the guy. Sucks Huerta lost. One of the most exciting fighters in MMA history.

Yeah Vila lost. He won the first round easily with a couple of nice take downs, but he got out grappled in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. I really like him too and was rooting for him, but he has to know what to do if his take downs aren't working which was what caused him to lose last night.

Sad to hear about Huerta losing, he was on top of the world a few years back and now he's pretty much done after being taken out by War Machine and dropping 4 of his last 5 fights. Hopefully he can get back on that horse, I always thought of him as being older but he's only 28 so he has plenty of time to work.

He needs to go back to LW. War Machine is just to big for him. Huerta broke his rib in the third round and didnt want to quit, but couldnt help it. He couldnt breath. He said it wasn't a punch that broke it or anything, it just gave out during a scramble.

It is interesting to see how some guys just hit a mental wall that seems to destroy their confidence and self belief, just a shame it happened to an exciting fighter with great potential but I guess he's still young enough to crawl his way back to the top so let's hope he does.

But congrats to War Machine, let's see if he can avoid trouble and build a respectable career within his sport and a reputable life outside of it, though I am apprehensive to anyone's cause who's done the shit wARMACHINE had done.

It seems as though Takanori Gomi will meet George Sotiropolous at UFC 144.

Winnable fight for either guy, but I hope Gomi pulls it off in front of his home crowd- Soti has glass jaw.

I ride with Gomi no matter what, and I always have the utmost faith in my favorite fighters, but man... if the fight hits the ground, then Gomi is fucked. Hopefully though he fights smart, because his wrestling should be far superior to George's. The only problem Gomi has is when he gets overly excited or desperate, which leaves him gullible for the takedown. But if he can keep the fight standing while picking his punches wisely, he should either knock George's ass out or win a decision.

Here's hoping for the best. It's win or die for Gomi.

It's win or die for both guys, man. Both need a win in a bad way, which makes me super conflicted about who I want to win. I'm backing Gomi slightly more the Soti, mainly because I want him to win on his home soil and I like Gomi just a little bit more.

I don't think Soti has anywhere near the wrestling or striking to deal with Gomi. Sot is a great grappler and would certainly tap Gomi if it went to the ground, but he doesn't have wrestling at all. Couple that with his questionable chin and I have Gomi winning this.

144 is a stellar fucking card, holy shit.

Sot can most definitely get him down, y'all are tripping hard. He didn't get Siver down who has underrated takedown defense and was planning on having to use it a lot against George. Since when has Gomi gone into a fight with a game plan? Don't get me wrong, I'm pulling for Gomi here but I'm not letting my inner fanboy confuse me. George's shots are garbage but if he can tie Gomi up against the cage and use his judo than he most definitely will get him down.

Am I the only one who would like to see Okami lose to Boetsch?

Sot can most definitely get him down, y'all are tripping hard. He didn't get Siver down who has underrated takedown defense and was planning on having to use it a lot against George. Since when has Gomi gone into a fight with a game plan? Don't get me wrong, I'm pulling for Gomi here but I'm not letting my inner fanboy confuse me. George's shots are garbage but if he can tie Gomi up against the cage and use his judo than he most definitely will get him down.

Gomi's takedown defense used to be spectacular (watch his fight against Kawajiri to see what I mean), and I still think it's pretty good. I mean, yeah... Florian and Guida took him down, but that was when Gomi was in desperation to land a punch. If Gomi fights like he did against Tyson Griffin, with that low stance and all, I don't see how Sot gets him down. You can say pin him against the fence, but Gomi's speed and strength is also underrated.

I couldn't care less about that fight, to be completely honest.

Well, Chris Leben's career is over. After failing the UFC 138 drug test, he got a one year suspension from the UFC. The guy needs serious help. He's fucked up over and over in his career. I was never a fan, but it certainly sucks when somebody cannot clean up.

Goddamn it really? Wow, I always liked him as a fighter but after countless fuck ups I don't think I can back him here, I though he had been straight since the Simpson fight but he just fucked himself for the last time. It's a shame because he's such a beast in the cage but he's just lost the last of his 9 lives.

Gomi's takedown defense used to be spectacular (watch his fight against Kawajiri to see what I mean), and I still think it's pretty good. I mean, yeah... Florian and Guida took him down, but that was when Gomi was in desperation to land a punch. If Gomi fights like he did against Tyson Griffin, with that low stance and all, I don't see how Sot gets him down. You can say pin him against the fence, but Gomi's speed and strength is also underrated.

Yeah at one point his take down defense was great...but we all know we aren't dealing with the Gomi of old. He relies on those overhand bombs far too much now. He used to at least set them up but doesn't anymore. He could very well land one on G-Sot and put him to sleep, it wouldn't surprise me one bit. I just don't see it happening as much as I see George trading as little as possible before tripping him and raping him on the ground.

I couldn't care less about that fight, to be completely honest.

Well yeah, I'm in the same boat. I would only care about the outcome (even if it's in the slightest) if Okami loses. I don't like watching him at all.

What did Leben test positive for? Was it a performance enhancer like after the Bisping fight, or some other drug?

Definitely a possiblity. Gomi gets frustrated by fighters who don't exhange, so Soti could definitely tie Gomi up against the cage, wait for him to take a stupid risk and get him to the floor. But if Dos Anjos could KO Soti with a weak hook Gomi could brutalize him. Let's hope.

Yeah, Leben's career is effectively over. He'll be back in a year, but the roll he was on will be long forgotten, not that it already wasn't.

After looking at some of the 144 press pics, I kind of had a weird feeling about Akiyama vs Shields. When it was first announced I was thinking Sexy should start packing his bags now. Seeing them size each other up though, I think Akiyama has a better shot than any think. He has great take down defense, good control from both top and bottom. His cardio will still be the biggest issue but I give him the edge standing. I think if he can avoid the ground with Shields and maybe get a takedown at the end of each round he could very well win a decision.

Holy shitballs.

TUF Finale - December 3rd
UFC 140 - December 10th
UFC 141 - December 30th
UFC 142 - January 14th
UFC on FX 1 - January 20th
UFC on FOX 2 - January 28th
UFC 143 - February 4th
UFC Live on Fuel TV - February 15th
UFC 144 - February 26th
UFC 145 - March 4th

Holy shitballs.

TUF Finale - December 3rd
UFC 140 - December 10th
UFC 141 - December 30th
UFC 142 - January 14th
UFC on FX 1 - January 20th
UFC on FOX 2 - January 28th
UFC 143 - February 4th
UFC Live on Fuel TV - February 15th
UFC 144 - February 26th
UFC 145 - March 4th
The benefit of acquiring Strikeforce, WEC and holding all of those Ultimate Fighters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back