• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MMA July - Now featuring Heisenberg's tears

That's frickin pathetic if he did get banned there too, if you're that bad you ought to be euthanized for the good of the world.

So Dana's teasing along the lines of something that could resolve this Anderson dilemma, middleweight fucking tournament. For instance Lombard-Boetsch winner against Weidman and Stann-Bisp winner vs the winner of a possible Belfort-Belcher scrap. Just the thought of what could happen is giving me chills.

I wonder what would be more embarrassing for Timmy? To go out in ten seconds like he did against Mercer or lose a total one sided decision like he did to Randy.

By most accounts Tim is a nice guy but in no way does he deserve this or any relevant fighter at this point.

Oh yeah, I forgot that Sherman Pendergarst died today. He just had a fight 4 or 5 months ago. I will always remember him for being the only guy I know of to get KOed by a leg kick. RIP man

Dana's claiming the fight is not happening. That will suck if true. I don't see who else could be available that would make sense, anyway. At least people will enjoy seeing Cormier beat Timmy.

Matt Riddle was the MVP last night. Had a great fight, a wicked cool submission, and did this at the press conference after.

And even though the fight sucked, I'm happy for Tim Boetsch. He seems like a genuinely good dude and is the biggest underdog in the division.

Matt Riddle fucking cracks me up, whether its his look, his voice or his fights, that video just turned me into a huge fan.

I remember Riddle was the only person I liked on TUF during his season. He was like 21 I believed, still lived with his mom, didn't have a driver license, and yet still had a fun personality and tried to kick ass in the cage. He was just a regular guy who wanted to fight. Reminded me a lot of Hideo Tokoro, for those who know his unbelievable story.

But then, this happened....

7.gif

.... and I couldn't take him seriously anymore. However, it looks like he's worked hard and improved his skills drastically. I'm definitely now rooting for him to do well.

I love Riddle, I've been following him carefully since TUF and I have loved seeing him grow up in the UFC. Im glad he's finally getting more recognition and hopefully he doesn't get his ass KO'd, if not it'd be an amazing fight. Major props to Matt.

Also very happy for Boetsch, the fight may not have been amazing but you can't forget the caliber of the guy he beat that nobody saw him doing. He's taken himself from an average LHW to an amazing middleweight who has beaten two amazing fighters in his last two outings. I'd love to see Belcher-Boetsch now

I don't want to toot my own horn but I did say I could see Boesch winning a boring decision. That said I had Lombard KOing him in the 3rd in our game

I happened to go on Sherdog a few hours after the fights to PM a buddy of mine there and all I saw in the latest posts on the side bar were things like "UFC isn't worth the money" "WHy does the UFC even have PPVs" "UFC IS TEH SUKS" It scares me those those people may breed one day

The Underground Blog just posted a report with the title "Was Urijah Faber ever any good?" To sum the article up, Faber sucks and has never been a good fighter.

The Underground Blog just posted a report with the title "Was Urijah Faber ever any good?" To sum the article up, Faber sucks and has never been a good fighter.

Urijah is the ultimate mixed martial arts cliche at this point. He didn't "evolve" with his competition. It happens to almost every fighter at some point, even great ones like Urijah.

Dominick Cruz is a top 5 P4P fighter in the World and Faber gave him a VERY tough fight that could have easily gone Urijah's way. Let's not forget too that it was only a couple of fights ago where he beat Brian Bowles' ass.

Urijah has definitely evolved; it's just he is simply injury prone, and that's a major problem to have in this sport.

Of course, they deleted the post after they were called out by multiple posters, but how the fuck could an MMA news site post something like that, especially about somebody as respected and successful as Faber?

Dominick Cruz is a top 5 P4P fighter in the World and Faber gave him a VERY tough fight that could have easily gone Urijah's way. Let's not forget too that it was only a couple of fights ago where he beat Brian Bowles' ass.

Urijah has definitely evolved; it's just he is simply injury prone, and that's a major problem to have in this sport.

Has he improved over the years? Definitely.

Thing is, he's been doing the same thing pretty much the whole time. He hasn't really added much in the way of new wrinkles to his game in quite some time. He's become somewhat predictable. It hasn't helped his cause very much that the level of competition at both 135 and 145 has also gotten better from where it was during his run of dominance.

I still think he's a great fighter, and I'm definitely a fan of watching him fight, I just think he's sliding ever so slightly over the hill. Like I said, it happens to just about every fighter at some point.

And article to say he was never any good is pure stupidity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back