• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MMA July - Now featuring Heisenberg's tears

Chael Sonnen vs. Lil' Nog makes a lot of sense. Winner gets next crack at Jon Jones if/when he beats Hendo.

I'd like to see that too, although I feel like if anyone should get the next crack after Hendo it's Gustaffson considering he's the only top LHW I can think of who's riding a nice streak. Also I'd say a strong performance from Teixiera against Rampage could warrant a shot as well considering he's riding a 16 fight win streak. But I really would love to see Sonnen-Jones at some point.

I don't think Sonnen could beat Jones. He had a style that was the best counter to Andy and Jones is just longer and has much better wrestling than Andy does. I'd rank Chael as a better wrestler but I don't see him taking it. Hendo is the last hope for the Jones haters

Yeah Chael has the wrestling to take it to him but Jones is so damn crafty it would be a very tough fight for him, I could easily see Chael taking him down and getting good position but he couldn't put Jones away and he couldn't get away with that the whole fight. That's why I'd prefer he continue kicking ass at 185 til Andy aint wearing the strap anymore. Hendo has the wrestling to put Jones on his ass and the power to put him away, he's the best man for the job of ending Bones.

Brian better work TD defense and working off his back because once Bisping tastes a right from Stann he's either gonna be taking a nap or shooting for a takedown. I would love nothing more than to see them battle on the feet for three rounds though, that would be so awesome. With Benavidez and Johnson thrown in on that card as well I'm looking forward to 152 more and more.

Hendo's wrestling is incredibly overrated at least by MMA standards. He has no shot whatsoever and only pushes people into the cage and holds them there until separated. He just can't seem to adapt his pure wrestling to MMA. He cnt even use offense from the clinch. I see no way he can take Jones down.

[YOUTUBE]Vnt5jQBNZnU[/YOUTUBE]

Basically this is me when one of my guys loses. Next time Cerrone stands there getting punched for 15 minutes and doing nothing I'll be chanting plenty of goosfraba.

Its so weird, he has wins over Chuck and Forrest, two of the biggest names in MMA, but he also has losses to Houston Alexander and Trevor Prangley.

Surprised Nate won. First fight in a while and first fight at 170. Vicious elbows though

The loss to Alexander was a fluke, he came in cocky and got even more cocky when he rocked him early, if he went in safe he would have had an easy TKO win. The Prangley one I don't even know, he wasn't too hot there.

I was pleasantly surprised Nate could do it, I didn't think he'd be able to stifle Woodley's wrestling but guess he could. Awesome finish.

Hahaha I bet he really does, but being Goldie's partner he just has to wait a few seconds for him to say something worse and then he's alllllll better.

Vinny Magalhaes has resigned with the FC! Awesome signing! The UFC is really freshening up the LHW division with all these huge signings

Good to hear. He has come a long way since his TUF stay. I think he could challenge for a top 10 spot with the right opponents

I was very excited when my friend told me about Vinny being back a few minutes ago, always really liked the guy and I can't wait to see him back mixing things up in the UFC. He's probably fighting on the 151 card right?

Also who won the 2nd season of the UFC predictions, I know I had it in the beginning but I blew 148 pretty horribly. I assume Guy took it.

I was very excited when my friend told me about Vinny being back a few minutes ago, always really liked the guy and I can't wait to see him back mixing things up in the UFC. He's probably fighting on the 151 card right?

Also who won the 2nd season of the UFC predictions, I know I had it in the beginning but I blew 148 pretty horribly. I assume Guy took it.

I'll have results and the season 3 thread up by tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.

Yeah no worries at all Guy, I was just thinkin out loud. Or you know...on key. So how bout that Luke Rockhold haha

Also don't know if y'all know but Arlovski is fighting Soa Palelei at ONE FC in August.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back