MMA July - Now featuring Heisenberg's tears

No man, neither have much of a personality.
This is the biggest problem with so many in the UFC. The UFC was built on personality, and in their attempt to get people to recognize them as a legitimate sport, they've lost a lot of personality.

There's a reason this UFC was so big, and it's not because Sonnen almost beat Silva. It's because Silva has personality (whether your like it or not) and Sonnen has a big mouth. Throw in two of the most charismatic UFC fighters in history (Tito and Forrest) and there's no doubt why this card was so hyped. But aside from those four, and Nick Diaz, who does the UFC have that makes people want to watch? Jon Jones is a freak of nature, so people are interested in him but everyone else they have just doesn't have enough personality to sell fights.
fael2.gif

:lmao:

That will live for a long time.

If Page were the same guy he were 5 years ago I'd be pumped for him against Teixiera but now it'll probly be Glover out pointing a Page who doesn't care enough. I loved Rampage but he gave up on himself and the fans, I can't follow a guy who'll do that.

There's a reason this UFC was so big, and it's not because Sonnen almost beat Silva. It's because Silva has personality (whether your like it or not) and Sonnen has a big mouth. Throw in two of the most charismatic UFC fighters in history (Tito and Forrest) and there's no doubt why this card was so hyped. But aside from those four, and Nick Diaz, who does the UFC have that makes people want to watch? Jon Jones is a freak of nature, so people are interested in him but everyone else they have just doesn't have enough personality to sell fights.

Pretty much this. I was actually thinking to myself the other night that Silva/Sonnen/Ortiz/Griffin are "Icons" of the sport, and are only a few that remain.

Look back at the first spike in popularity they had a few years ago. PPVs could have been carried with a big name at the top and spun a huge buyrate. There aren't many guys left like the 2008-2009 versions of Liddell, Couture, Penn, Lesnar, Rampage, and Hughes that resonate with casual fans.

Sonnen/Silva II was the only time I've ever been excited for a UFC match. After watching the first fight and practically jizzing everywhere, I could not wait for the rematch. And then after a successful first round, Sonnen does this;

fael2.gif

'Tis a shame. I wanted him to win.

I was just thinking the same thing, a little much for here most likely but good god almighty she looks beyond amazing. I love Gina Carano but Rhonda is the hottest gal in MMA IMO.
arsenio-hall-rev-brown.jpg

You know there's a god on high who looks down low!!

Set my TV to autotune the card fight tonight and just remembered to turn it on. Got caught up in playing Fifa. Looks like the undercard was solid.

Alex Caceras, Bruce Leeroy, whatever you want to call him, continues to frustrate me. I couldn't stand him on his season of TUF, then he got starched in his actual debut yet he still got another chance and lost again. He drops to 135 all he has done is win. He got deducted 2 points in his sole 135 loss and still managed to win over one judge.

On a side note, have any of you guys seen the photos from the UFC fighter summit? It was so boring it put Jon Fitch, among others, to sleep

04_fitchnap2.jpg

Giving him a taste of his own medicine ;)

I can't stand Caceres and I was really hoping Page would finish him and get himself a much needed win, unfortunately the gods didn't smile on Damacio.

Andrew Craig just had an awesome comeback win over Rafael Natal, anyone who missed it ought to check it out because it was oh so awesome.

It should get KO of the night. If not we better get something crazy in these last couple fights. Head kick like a boss.

Carmont had a pretty good sub on Vemola. Got him in the crucifix and I was waiting on some Gary Goodridge elbows but he wrapped up that choked nicely

What an elbow from Chris Weidman. I said from the beginning that guy was legit, and he's really turning out to be so. He's not quite ready for Anderson, but I don't see many other Middleweights beating him.

And man, that was one of the absolute worst stoppages I've ever seen. I consider Josh Rosenthal the best ref in MMA too, but he really fucked up tonight.

It was absolutely horrible. The blood gushing from Munoz's face after he recovered wasn't pleasant. I'm with you, I think Rosenthal is tops but that was awful

I really need to stop picking against Chris Weidman, I haven't given him his respect that he's due but goddamn he's legit. I don't see many guys beating him after that performance.

Mayweather won the "Best Fighter" ESPY, if anybody is surprised by that. Fucking shocker a boxer wins the ESPN award for best fighter yet again :rolleyes:

I voted twice, once for Silva, once for Jones. I personally can't stand Mayweather. They don't like to show MMA highlights cause its violent but they let a guy currently in jail for beating his wife win an award. Stay classy ESPN

Kinda like Kieth Kizer's outrage over the Silva/Sonnen shoulder bump. He says he'd be fine if Silva never fought in Nevada again after the way he behaved. Meanwhile, a poster of Mayweather, a convicted wife beater, is placed on he side of a skyscraper before his fight in Nevada. Such fucking bullshit.

Fell asleep during Te-Huna/Mexecutioner, but I've been sleep deprived all week.

I've been on the Weidman bandwagon from the beginning too... glad he won, but he still needs an impressive win on a much bigger stage to get the name value he needs for a title shot. He should fight Stann, Belcher, or Bisping next.

Fell asleep during Te-Huna/Mexecutioner, but I've been sleep deprived all week.

I've been on the Weidman bandwagon from the beginning too... glad he won, but he still needs an impressive win on a much bigger stage to get the name value he needs for a title shot. He should fight Stann, Belcher, or Bisping next.

Weidman smokes Stann and Belcher. With ease. Bisping is a very interesting fight, though. He wins that, title shot city.

Don't worry, soon enough classless boxers like Mayweather wont get the time of day and MMA will reign supreme.

Maybe in the States, but worldwide, particularly in Central America, not a fucking chance. Dudes like Canelo have entire countries watching them. Mixed martial arts doesn't have any fighters with that kind of pull.

Oh, and if they can find a charismatic American heavyweight champ, the death knell for boxing will definitely stop and it will rebound in popularity, even in the States.

Ross Pearson and George Sotiropolous are coaching TUF: UK vs Australia and Carwin and Nelson are coaching TUF: 16

Sots-Pearson is the most boring coach dynamic ever, I like Pearson but he does deserve a coaching spot and Sots is good but not interesting at all.

Carwin and Roy on the other hand is awesome, finally a season I'm really pumped for!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back