MMA GSD For March - The Michael Bisping Appreciation Station

I saw the triangle. It was awesome as well, and is easily up there, but it cannot rival Pettis's kick for me. Nothing ever will i'm sure of that. When will something like that ever go off so flawlessly again? That shit is just out of this world, and it's not like he pulled it off against a can. It was a very capable Bendo.

I've been a fan of Pettis since he was on that Jenks show which the actual name slips my mind. That dude deserves every bit of success he gets. Top notch guy, and fighter.

I saw the triangle. It was awesome as well, and is easily up there, but it cannot rival Pettis's kick for me. Nothing ever will i'm sure of that. When will something like that ever go off so flawlessly again? That shit is just out of this world, and it's not like he pulled it off against a can. It was a very capable Bendo.

I've been a fan of Pettis since he was on that Jenks show which the actual name slips my mind. That dude deserves every bit of success he gets. Top notch guy, and fighter.

I'm a big BJJ guy so I loved the triangle.

Believe me I am as well. It is my favorite Martial Art bar none. I could watch people like Roger Gracie, Andre Galvao, Xande Ribeiro roll all day. I've spent countless hours reading articles, and books about BJJ, and it's masters. I appreciate the skill it took to pull that triangle off, but that kick was out of this world.

I'd probably say Pettis' kick was the greatest striking feat I'd seen in MMA and Imada's triangle was the greatest grappling feat.

Fun question, if you had the choice, would you rather watch an exciting stand up match or an exciting ground game?

Initially I would have said stand up, but I have noticed that as I grow to understand the ground game more and more, I find it more and more interesting and exciting. I think I would still take a stand up war, but I cant help but feel that might change sometime soon.

I like both. I couldn't choose. Stand-up wars are exciting, but I love to see a back and forth ground battle.

If I HAD to choose, I'd probably go stand-up because most ground battles a lay and pray.

Totally depends. If the stand up war is a sloppy one like Lenard Garcia style than i'd enjoy a ground battle more between... let's say Ricardo Arona, and Roger Gracie. Now if the standup was at the highest level like Jose Aldo vs Edson Barboza than it'd probably rival the ground battle mentioned before, but it would be extremely close. I love grappling though, and would probably choose to watch two top level BJJ guys dual it out than a K-1, or pro Muay Thai fight. I love things to be technical, and I cannot stand sloppy type fights. One of the reasons I love high level Muay Thai, and BJJ so much.

Garcia vs. Jung was fucking amazing. I don't care how horrible the stand-up was, haha. I could watch that all day long. On the flip side, Henderson vs. Cerrone 1 was equally as impressive on the mat.

Where is JMT!?!?! I'm gonna flame war the shit out of that Mod if that's true! :p

We're in the spam friendly, right? Yup. ::double checks:: Yep, we are! Cool.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THE MATTER WITH YOU TWO DOUCHES!?!?! :lmao::disappointed:

Tito Ortiz was my first favorite fighter and he is the sole reason why I became as big of a fan of the sport as I am today, so yeah... I'll always have a soft spot for him.

That said, I've been severely disappointed with the way Tito has carried himself in and outside the octagon since after the Machida fight. I believe he's made some horrible career choices, and that he's just not the warrior I first became a fan of. In fact, I don't think the guy would even make my top 10 list these days. Let's see...

Nick Diaz
Takanori Gomi
BJ Penn
Fedor
Shogun
Jake Shields
Hayato Sakurai
Mayhem Miller
Shinya Aoki
Chris Lytle
Anderson Silva
Wanderlei Silva
Big Nog
Matt Serra
Rich Franklin

And the spot after Franklin would either go to Tito or Diego Sanchez. So, yeah.. Tito barely cracks the top 20 on my list these days. He's just been too inactive, hasn't looked the same in the octagon, and has done way too much bitching for me to remain as huge fan of the guy.

This thread needs some pussy in it with so much dick name dropping. Here's some new photos of Gina Carano in a wetsuit on the set of her upcoming movie Haywire.

794078992_CaranoMcGregor1_122_367lo.jpg

794107265_EwanMcGregorsuffersbeatingcostarGinaqCl_OXFCn_ll_122_1060lo.jpg

794095576_EwanMcGregorsuffersbeatingcostarGinah8dZgSPQoZOl_122_453lo.jpg

794084131_EwanMcGregorsuffersbeatingcostarGina4Yt9uEqTWTjl_122_91lo.jpg

JMT, I just wanted to bust balls.

Also, forget Carano, let's look at Miesha Tate's ass.

miesha-tate-ass.jpg

1281808829-89.jpg

miesha-tate-x2_display_image.jpg

The things I would eat out of her ass.

Well aside from the things you would eat from her ass, a good topic came up from the other page. Since I'm starting to post more around here I think it would be good to see who everyones favorite 10 are. We saw ITGG but seeing the variety of who you guys like is interesting.

My personal favorites in order:

1. Matt Hughes
2. Wanderlei Silva
3. Cain Velasquez
4. Dan Henderson
5. Dennis Siver
6. Thiago Alves
7. Ryan Bader
8. Donald Cerrone
9. Stefan Struve
10. Gilbert Melendez

Also another topic, who's a fan of K1?

Couture, Anderson, Aldo, Lesnar, Arona, GSP, Tito, Liddell, Penn, Rampage. Aldo will move up to two soon, and he is my favorite fighter to watch.

Arlovski
Fitch
Forrest
JDS
Wandy
Belfort
Kos
Hendo
Nick Diaz
Gomi
Jones

That's 11 but I don't care.

Don't worry IndyJon, Arlovski will be back on top when he gets the same procedure Roger Ebert had.

My top 10:

1.) GSP
2.) Sonnen
3.) Florian
4.) Sanchez
5.) Jones
6.) Aldo
7.) Rampage
8.) Dos Santos
9.) Henderson
10.) Lesnar

Fedor
Shogun
Cro Cop
Lytle
Sonnen
Dos Santos
Aldo
Serra
Wanderlei
Gomi
Rutten

not sure if that was ten. Too lazy to count.

I don't even know what to think about it at this point. Only the worst scenarios are going through my mind right now.

Such shocking news. No rumors, nothing. Just, "Zuffa buys Strikeforce." What the fuck?

Now that you mention it, that's true. This shit came out of nowhere. I hadn't even heard rumblings about this. I just refreshed ESPN for the basketball scores and saw that shit and my jaw dropped.

I'm about to venture over to Sherdog to see what those clowns are saying about it.

The other MMA forum I post at is a MAJOR Zuffa hating place. In an hour there's been close to 150 replies with nothing but bashing of Coker and Dana. Only one poster there (who's a troll) has had anything positive to say about this.

My problem right now is that Dana is saying there's gonna be no cross promoting. What was the point of buying Strikeforce then? We can only take solace in the fact that Dana NEVER keeps his word on ANYTHING, so we'll probably end up seeing some cross-promotion by early Fall, if not sooner. I hope so, at least, otherwise this is will end up being a joke.

Fedor vs. Lesnar before the end of the year, no doubt. No way in hell Zuffa doesn't cash that thing in now before both fighters lose anymore luster.

Wow. While I'm far from a die-hard MMA guy, this is huge news, and is akin to WWF buying WCW in 2001.

If they fold Strikeforce into the UFC (which I would think is eventually likely, much like UFC did with WEC), then it's a bad thing for the fighters, because there would surely be a logjam in each division. How do you solve said logjam? Cutting talent. That talent would then be free to sign with other companies.

That's who it may be really good for. Bellator is now on MTV2 weekly, and they could end up getting some of these guys, as could some of the other companies (like King of the Cage, who supposedly is/was on HDNet). Including one possible BIG name that Dana White probably doesn't want, because of a seemingly intense dislike of. That being Fedor Emilianenko.

Dana White has made it pretty known that he isn't a Fedor supporter. would it be surprising if he ends up getting released from whatever contract he has with Strikeforce (now UFC?). That, or Dana tries to book him in undercard fights against lesser guys, of which Fedor would likely have none of, and not fight.

If Fedor became a free Agent, it would likely be awesome for every (now) small-time promotion, especially the ones on TV like Bellator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back