• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MMA October - No, That is NOT Frankenstein Fighting In UFC 153's Co-Main

I think he's presenting it like a big baby but I do understand where he's coming from. I read that as a "what the fuck?" to Dana, not Chael. Dan has the best case for a title shot with his previous wins and it sucks this is happening to him. But Rashad had to wait too, now the best thing he can do is destroy Machida and make an even stronger case for the next shot. Sucks he'll probably have to wait til summer, and more than any other LHW his clock is ticking and at his age he can't play nice and wait around too long or he'll suffe from it. Still pumped for Chael tho!

I think the reason it rubs me the wrong way is exactly what Guy said... he should be happy for his friend. If Chael was someone Hendi had no affiliation with, then I wouldn't have said a thing about it. But since Chael is one of Dan's closest friends in the business and since Chael is someone Dan defended up for the first time Chael was offered the shot against Jones, I think it's completely unloyal and hypocritical for Hendo to be criticizing Chael getting a shot now.

The fact is, Dan IS right in his statements, 100%, but you still don't cut down a friend's opportunity like that, especially publicly.

He is right, but he handled it the wrong way.

I think if Gus is able to get past Shogun then he will be in line for a shot, mostly due to the way he has been wrecking guys lately.

Rashad turned down a fight against Teixeira recently so he will probably be left out for the next round or two of title shot discussions.

Hendo's status is always up in the air. There really aren't any guys that jump out at this point.

Rumor is, Bonnar/Forrest at 155. Fuck it, I don't care if the fight has no meaning, if they are both retiring after their next fights, this is the only possible way to end their careers.

Honestly, I think Bonnar will take Forrest in a third fight. Both are warriors, but Bonnar has looked the better of the two for a few years now, since Forrest dropped the belt.

I too think Bonnar beats Forrest, and beats him rather handily. Forrest's heart hasn't been in fighting in quite some time. Rashad started the decline and Anderson finished it off.

Forest has said himself, he has been fighting just for the money. He no longer has the passion for it. And it's been very evident in his performances. A great career nonetheless if it is indeed his last fight soon.

The Anderson fight just broke him as a fighter. And probably as a person too. He was a hostile Dick at the fan expo a couple years ago

The Anderson fight just broke him as a fighter. And probably as a person too. He was a hostile Dick at the fan expo a couple years ago

I know a couple people that have met Forrest through training and such, not on a "fan" level or event or anything, and I've heard that he's always been kind of a dick.

Forrest-Davis at 155. We went from a rematch with Chael, to rematch with Bonnar to fight with Lil Nog and the final result....blah. Davis UD

Davis runs through Forrest fairly easily, and it almost assuredly earns him a shot at Bones. They need new guys to feed to Jones.

After the Rashad fight, Davis should be nowhere near a title shot.

I totally agree. But they're running really short on contenders that haven't been mauled by Jones. They're going to start pushing guys like Davis and Texeria into fights they don't deserve out of necessity.

No, they won't. Davis won't get a title shot for the foreseeable future, 2 fights away at least. Gustaffson will likely have one more fight if he beats Shogun, likely against the winner of Glover/Rampage, or even Lil Nog. The title is on hold until October of next year, this gives them ample time to build up new contenders.

Jones/Sonnen will likely be taking place in Jersey.

I've decided I'm going to make the trip down.

Also, Rousey's rumored to be fighting Liz Carmouche in January. Gonna take a wild guess here and predict Rousey by R1 Armbar.

I had some spare time so I dusted off the old Photoshop.

If you want to use any of them, go for it.

Jonfitch.jpg

LyotoMachida.jpg

RIP Jeff Blatnick. By all accounts, a very good guy and a judge who can best be described as "the opposite of Cecil Peoples"

I banned so many disgusting people on my FB MMA page. some of them were along the lines of "good" and "serves him right". People are fucking revolting sometimes... Who the fuck honestly says something like that?

I mean it wasn't for the fact that he had Cancer, it was the fact that he beat Cancer and won a Gold medal at the 1984 Summer Games. He's an inspiration. Cancer couldn't take him, he was too strong for it. Heart complications were the cause.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back