MMA October - No, That is NOT Frankenstein Fighting In UFC 153's Co-Main

Daniel Cormier, legit has one of the most impresive wrestling resumes i've seen in the heavyweight division. Maybe not the best, A ncaa title would have been nice. But god damn! Josh to? Well I guess he didn't have to beat Cormier to get back in. Loopholes Dana, lmao.

Edit: Just looked this up, I'm not sure if it's closing down or not. Lets wait for the official word.

By Fightline, Wed, October 10, 2012
The rumors started to come out on Monday concerning Strikeforce and the future of the fighting promotion. However, it appears that, as far as those inside the company believe, Strikeforce is still a go for November.

The next Strikeforce event is set for November 3 from Oklahoma City. Daniel Cormier is expected for the main event, but he does not have an opponent yet. Also, Strikeforce middleweight champion Luke Rockhold has suffered an injury - according to reports - and will not make his planned co-main event title defense vs. Lorenz Larkin.

On Inside MMA Monday night, Kenny Rice was quoted as saying, "There's a strong possibility that Showtime will no longer broadcast Strikeforce events. This could very possibly signify the end of the Strikeforce brand."

Last month, Showtime declined airing a Strikeforce card after lightweight champion Gilbert Melendez was removed with an injury.

Ariel Helwani, a reporter for MMAFighting.com, posted on his Twitter account late Monday that a Showtime official told him it was business as usual and they would be "beyond shocked" if the promotion were shut down.

Zuffa, the company that owns the UFC, purchased Strikeforce in 2011. Talk about the end of the fight promotion started immediately, but they have continued to put on several shows since that time.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/31092/tha...arming-up-to-potential-chael-sonnen-fight.mma

Thanks to fans, UFC champ Jon Jones warming up to potential Chael Sonnen fight

All you need to do is read the title of that article to see why Jones gets hate. I respect the hell out of his ability, I think he is right there with Silva for best fighter in MMA today. I just wish he would pick a role and stick with it. If he wants to be the guy that kisses fans asses, then do that. I'm not a fan of that guy but if that is who he is or wants to be, then be it. If you want to play or really are that "heel" character, the guy the fans watch in hopes he gets KTFO ala Bisping, be that guy. Don't get mad at fans for wanting this fight, then turn around and take it because its what they want. I understand he is only 25, and is arguably the best competitor in his sport already so he deserves a bit of cockiness, but please pick a damn role.

JakeShields.jpg

Make sure you guys check out the Eddie Alvarez fight from tonight's Bellator. Awesome fight with a Knockout of the Year candidate.

Genuinely can't wait for Silva-Bonnar tomorrow. Could see one of the biggest upsets in years.

Biggest upsets in years? This would be the biggest upset ever, bar none, and no upset would ever top it. Vitor beating Jon Jones wouldn't have been as big as Bonnar over Anderson. hell, fucking Lindland beating Fedor wouldn't have been as big as this. I can't even fathom the craziness a Bonnar win would bring. I'd probably end up bed-ridden for a few days in depression.

It's because Jake Shields looks like a Horse. GAHH

Whoosh, right over their heads.

My bad about the picks, Guy. I don't follow Bellator at all, so I had no idea Alvarez fought tonight. Take 5 points off my total or whatever you see fit.

Dana has confirmed that Alistair Overeem is getting an immediate title shot against the winner of Cain/JDS.

Rampage called out Glover on Twitter.

Psyched for Glover. He'll get a big name with ease for his next fight and we might see Rampage get murdered.

Also, completely horrible job by Mario and Wario Yamasaki last night. And Mark Goddard too.

Wario Yamasaki had some completely awful standups (especially in one spot where both Sicilia and Jason were both working from the top and bottom), and actually gave a warning for foul language in the cage.

Mario Yamasaki basically wanted things in the Glover/Maldonado fight to end with Maldonado being a dead man. Yes, we had the very awesome moment where Maldonado cracked Glover, but that fight really should have been stopped in the first, I was actually really reminded of the Jones/Hamill fight as Glover was in the process of giving Maldonado brain damage.

And Goddard really must not have wanted Fitch to get a finish. That fight should have been stopped in the third as Fitch absolutely dominated.

I've watched that knee Silva landed to basically end the fight last night over and over. Holy shit that thing still blows me away.

You guys know me, I'm one of the few people who are fans of Fitch, I was almost in tears. I've never had a problem with Goddard, but Fitch was gonna finish. Let me say that again, Fitch was going to finish! That fight rightfully was fight of the night, one of the better ground based fights I've seen in a while.

As far as the next prediction season, it will probably be best to go with the UFC card in my opinion. Between the Bellator, WSOF, and RFA cards there are two or three interesting fights, but most of them, particularly the WSOF card, are former UFC guys fighting cans.

First ever champ, first guy to pick all the winners. I'll take 'em.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back