MMA October - No, That is NOT Frankenstein Fighting In UFC 153's Co-Main

I think Maldonado upsets Glover at 153. People don't realize just how good Maldonado is. He was screwed in both of his fights in the UFC.

I think Maldonado upsets Glover at 153. People don't realize just how good Maldonado is. He was screwed in both of his fights in the UFC.

It could happen obviously and he lost two fights he should have won but they were close and fights with Kingsbury and Pokrajac shouldn't be that close if you're an elite fighter. I think Maldanado is good, but Glover has shown much more. The stand up could come down to the wire but if it hits the ground Glover will sub Maldanado I think.

I have no doubts Glover could sub Manuwa, but on the feet, I think Jimi's athleticism and speed would give him fits. It'd be interesting to see how Glover handles that. I don't know how good Jimi's chin is so Glover could very well knock him out, but if Manuwa's chin can hold up, I think he can hold his own on the feet

Kingsbury is the first name opponent that Manuwa has ever had and he couldn't finish him with strikes and no offense to Kingsbu but he's not world class. Manuwa was gassed by the second and though he still probably would have won had it continued I question what kind of pace he can keep when his opponent doesn't go down in the first. Glover has more experience, better wins, better credentials and better MMA tailored striking. I just don't buy the Manuwa hype at all; he's a good striker and should be fun to watch but he's not a top 5 or even top 10 LHW. At least there's more than just hype with Glover.

Gonzaga now without an opponent for 153, Mitrione offers to step up. We'll see how that goes. I wouldn't mind seeing Gonzaga sent over to fight DC actually.

Gonzaga now without an opponent for 153, Mitrione offers to step up. We'll see how that goes. I wouldn't mind seeing Gonzaga sent over to fight DC actually.

Gonzaga-DC would be a good one. Gonzaga is a classic HW gatekeeper and a tough fight for anybody. Great test for DC.

Gonzaga aint the beast he was a few years ago, but he's still one tough mother. I wouldn't hate a DC fight but I'd much rather see DC fight someone higher up. I feel like Mitrione is a solid fight, much more interested to see who would win on the feet and ground.

Also Lil Heathen was just arrested, reason hasn't been disclosed but he probably won't be fighting tonight. Fuck that was the prelim I wanted to see most!

Gonzaga aint the beast he was a few years ago, but he's still one tough mother. I wouldn't hate a DC fight but I'd much rather see DC fight someone higher up. I feel like Mitrione is a solid fight, much more interested to see who would win on the feet and ground.

Also Lil Heathen was just arrested, reason hasn't been disclosed but he probably won't be fighting tonight. Fuck that was the prelim I wanted to see most!

I don't get your logic here. Mitrione is not higher up than Gonzaga, and isn't as tough a fight for DC. Gonzaga is the tougher test for sure.

Lucero really is no joke, he may not have a great record, or be even a Bellator level talent, but the guy is a damn tough first fight. Batista really needs to work on his striking, but his ground game, while a bit awkward, looked passable.

For a debut? It went how you'd expect. Batista's build is just so compact, it'll be hard for him to really grow into the striking aspect of the sport. He really just needs to sure up his striking defense and really work on using it to set up his takedowns. He has potential on the ground, he works with Cesar Gracie, a renowned BJJ coach who trains Nick and Nate Diaz among other successful fighters, and he looked confident and poised on the ground for his first fight. Like I said, his opponent is a very tough guy to draw in your first ever fight, and Batista walked through his shots, threw some nice leg kicks, and easily beat him up on the ground. For a first fight, it wasn't bad at all, and it gave him some experience and a clear idea of what he needs to improve.

For a debut? It went how you'd expect. Batista's build is just so compact, it'll be hard for him to really grow into the striking aspect of the sport. He really just needs to sure up his striking defense and really work on using it to set up his takedowns. He has potential on the ground, he works with Cesar Gracie, a renowned BJJ coach who trains Nick and Nate Diaz among other successful fighters, and he looked confident and poised on the ground for his first fight. Like I said, his opponent is a very tough guy to draw in your first ever fight, and Batista walked through his shots, threw some nice leg kicks, and easily beat him up on the ground. For a first fight, it wasn't bad at all, and it gave him some experience and a clear idea of what he needs to improve.

Fighting a big guy like Vince, he did alright. I wanted to see his chin, and it took well, but he needs to watch himself. Vince could have bounced him off the cage and lateral dropped him or hip tossed him. That was something I was thinking. Batista is a big guy, BJJ is good. But maybe have him wrestle with a heavier weight wrestler and learn some good upper body throws. Because I know from legit wrestling. I saw at least a lat throw or drop if he would have circled off the cage. Underhooks and overhooks throws early in the game can gas an out of shape guy like Vince.

But his shoot was solid, and he played his game well. Because I dropped in double leg hooks a lot on school. On big round guys, that is hard. But Dave did a good job riding, and pinning him to the ground. My inner wrestler wanted to yell CIRCLE.... CIRCLE DAMMIT! The whole time though. Dave needs to circle out away from the cage and pick his shots if he feels confidant.

I hope Batista got his thrill ride and decides to step away now. He's too old to try and really make it in MMA. It's embarrassing to witness.

To Fizzy: I would say Roy gained some chest muscle. He's definitely not as out of shape as Lucero.

I'd love to see Dave in freakshow fights. Bob Sapp, James Thompson, et al.

Fighting a big guy like Vince, he did alright. I wanted to see his chin, and it took well, but he needs to watch himself. Vince could have bounced him off the cage and lateral dropped him or hip tossed him. That was something I was thinking. Batista is a big guy, BJJ is good. But maybe have him wrestle with a heavier weight wrestler and learn some good upper body throws. Because I know from legit wrestling. I saw at least a lat throw or drop if he would have circled off the cage. Underhooks and overhooks throws early in the game can gas an out of shape guy like Vince.

But his shoot was solid, and he played his game well. Because I dropped in double leg hooks a lot on school. On big round guys, that is hard. But Dave did a good job riding, and pinning him to the ground. My inner wrestler wanted to yell CIRCLE.... CIRCLE DAMMIT! The whole time though. Dave needs to circle out away from the cage and pick his shots if he feels confidant.

It's his first fight, everybody seems to disregard that.

What I'm sayin is Gonzaga should fight Meathead, an DC should fight someone higher up.

Ah yes, that makes a lot of sense, and I have to say I agree. I thought you meant Meathead should fight DC because he was on a higher level than Gonzaga.

Anyways, Here's what I think. Gonzaga is the mid level HW gatekeeper and Meathead is gaining a fair amount of hype, so he should be tested by the gatekeeper. I think it would be a rip roaring good time of a fight anyways.

That leaves DC. I don't know of any available fights that makes sense right now. Maybe Kongo?

Mitrione is gaining hype? He just lost to a gatekeeper in Kongo. Have Miocic fight Mitrione and Gonzaga fight DC. It the only option. Everybody knows this is just a filler fight before DC moves to the UFC.

Mayhem's trying to be a modern-day Andy Kaufman and it's simply not going to work. I'm ashamed to have once been a huge fan of his.

You're not alone, he used to be a fav of mine. If he had any fans left he lost em today, I was disgusted with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back