• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MMA GSD for April: The Countdown to GSP Beating a Dead Horse

Thread getting a lil low again. Quick Anderson vs Okami. SPam style.

My opinion Yushin as good as he is, he has no chance. Harsh maybe but what could he possibly bring that gives him a chance against Anderson. Btw i still love Anderson.

Thread getting a lil low again. Quick Anderson vs Okami. SPam style.

My opinion Yushin as good as he is, he has no chance. Harsh maybe but what could he possibly bring that gives him a chance against Anderson. Btw i still love Anderson.

His wrestling is what will win him the fight, but I still don't think he will win.

I definitely wouldn't say Okami has "no chance". He has a fairly good chance. Unfortunately Silva is just a Golden God of fighting so he'll likely end up winning again.

God I just want somebody to knock Silva the fuck out.

Anyone watch Bellator last night?

I fucking love Anderson. I sat through the Cote, Maia, and Leites(SP?) fight multiple times. Can't get enough of the guy.

As for the fight, Okami has decent wrestling which will improve if he trains with Sonnen, but people underrate Silva's TDD. He stuffed Chael three out of the six times he shot, and Chael is one of the best wrestlers in MMA. If Okami cannot get him to the mat, he will be in for a long night.

I definitely wouldn't say Okami has "no chance". He has a fairly good chance. Unfortunately Silva is just a Golden God of fighting so he'll likely end up winning again.

God I just want somebody to knock Silva the fuck out.

Anyone watch Bellator last night?

I caught the Straus fight. Straus looked really good.

Why do so many folks hate Silva so much?

Alot of people started to dislike him because he had a string of fights that were fucking AWFUL and that people thought he was putting forth little effort in. He got booed to shit a few times because of that. People thought he was arrogant/lethargic. He's clearly stepped his game back up since then though.

I caught the Straus fight. Straus looked really good.

Yeah I saw the Straus fight as well. Average fight but Straus did a great job in the third round to finish Foster off.

I've got the rest of the show on my DVR, will probably watch it later. Kind of weird seeing an MMA event outdoors though.

Alot of people started to dislike him because he had a string of fights that were fucking AWFUL and that people thought he was putting forth little effort in. He got booed to shit a few times because of that. People thought he was arrogant/lethargic. He's clearly stepped his game back up since then though.

Yeah I saw the Straus fight as well. Average fight but Straus did a great job in the third round to finish Foster off.

I've got the rest of the show on my DVR, will probably watch it later. Kind of weird seeing an MMA event outdoors though.

I'm not a huge fan of outside MMA events. I feel like it drains the fighters more and doesn't allow for them to perform to the best of their abilities.

Man like Fizzy i loved all of Anderson's fights with the exception of the Thales Leites fight. But can you really blame Anderson for fighting people who don't even deserve to be in the ring with him a notable mention Damian Meia. The man is just that god damn good.

Man like Fizzy i loved all of Anderson's fights with the exception of the Thales Leites fight. But can you really blame Anderson for fighting people who don't even deserve to be in the ring with him a notable mention Damian Meia. The man is just that god damn good.

Or the Middleweight division is that fucking weak.

I personally would like to see a rematch with Vitor before Anderson hangs em' up. I felt Vitor was getting the better of him before he got kicked in the face.

Or the Middleweight division is that fucking weak.

I personally would like to see a rematch with Vitor before Anderson hangs em' up. I felt Vitor was getting the better of him before he got kicked in the face.

Really im gonna have to disagree. Not much was happening and prior to that Anderson dodged a handful of punches when Vitor was pressing the action. But it would be an awesome rematch.

Belfort would get fucking destroyed by Silva at this point. Not sure I'd want to see that.

Yeah, there really should be no talk of a Vitor/Anderson rematch now or ever. I love Vitor but he isn't anywhere near another title shot and I really don't think things would change to much in terms of the outcome. Better things can be had by both men instead of a rematch.

So it appears Randy Couture is going to retire win or lose after the Machida fight.

Randy Couture To Retire After UFC 129

Couture calling it a career…

- At a press conference today, UFC Hall of Famer Randy Couture announced that win, lose or draw, he will retire after his UFC 129 fight against Lyoto Machida.

Couture had the following to say about stepping away…

"I think it's time to focus on the other things I have going in my life after the fight.

It's been an ongoing transition for me. I kind of want to go out on my own terms and decide when enough is enough. I think that time has come."

I wonder if it'll stick this time?

I may end up crying. I make my undying love for Couture no secret, and it's going to break my heart never seeing him fight again.

I am not the biggest Randy fan but it will be sad to finally see him hang up the gloves if it is for good this time. The dude is a legit legend in the sport.

I know Sonnen got busted and all but you know, who wouldnt like to see a rematch between the two? Isnt he in line as much as anyone despite everything?

I know Sonnen got busted and all but you know, who wouldnt like to see a rematch between the two? Isnt he in line as much as anyone despite everything?

That is a rematch I would love to see. It would be interesting to see if Sonnen could man handle Silva again or if a healthy Silva could tear through Sonnen without any late fight heroics.

No considering he lost fair and square. Sure he dominated Anderson, but he got tapped out. Being finished does not warrant an immediate rematch. Sonnen needs two victory's in my opinion. One against a borderline top 10, and another against a top five before he gets a rematch.

I'd love to see it so Andy can prove he can beat Sonnen without a last minute sub, but the logical choice would be to have Sonnen get a few warm up fights in him before fighting Anderson. Get the ring rust completely off before he has another chance.

If Couture pulls off a miracle and beats Machida... there's absolutely no way he retires.

And yeah... Sonnen needs at least one victory over a big name before he gets a rematch with Anderson.

I think he will retire once he wins. A win over Machida will be a huge way to end his career. Randy isn't fighting for titles anymore. I will be perfectly content for him to retire when he beats Machida. Of course I will be heartbroken, but I will be much happier for him to go out on a win against Machida than a win against Toney.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back