• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MMA GSD for April: The Countdown to GSP Beating a Dead Horse

Fuck both UFC 129 and UFC 130.... Shogun Rua vs. Forest Griffin II and Takanori Gomi vs. Edson Barboza is now rumored for the Rio card! That's going to the UFC Show of the Year, no doubt about it.

They are going to go all out for that fucking card, and rightfully so. I hope Silva/Okami is on there as well. I just hope they keep Royce Gracie off that card.

Like Fizzy, prelims for me dont warrant the awesomeness of a fight card if they were good enough they would be on the main card. But really kudos to the UFC they have awesome fight cards lined up in upcoming events and the past two.

Like Fizzy, prelims for me dont warrant the awesomeness of a fight card if they were good enough they would be on the main card. But really kudos to the UFC they have awesome fight cards lined up in upcoming events and the past two.

Story and Alves is worthy to be on ANY main card. It should be on instead of Browne and Struve.

Prelims rule, fuck they usually end up having better fights than the main card does. Happened on the last PPV.

They will be shown on the main show so they don't matter to me. I'll see them one way, or the other. I also heard that Silva/Okami is in fact, being set for Rio. Cannot wait!

They will be shown on the main show so they don't matter to me. I'll see them one way, or the other. I also heard that Silva/Okami is in fact, being set for Rio. Cannot wait!

Not all the time, if the main card fights are going the distance, then there's a chance you won't see them in between fights. At least with the Facebook streams we can see more and more of them.

Silva/Okami is indeed actually finally set. We can move on from the GSP/Silva talk for awhile now.

Man, I really like Nick Diaz the fighter, but now that I start watching his interviews he is seeming like a little baby to me. He complains about SF not having anybody to fight him and how he never has a fair fight, but refuses to stop acting out so he can go to the UFC. He is so fucking talented, but he really needs to grow the fuck up. I've changed my thoughts on him today. If he really thinks his style will make him a successful boxer than he needs to really stop smoking. He needs to grow up so he can fight the best in the world.

I know he would make more money boxing, but if anybody actually believes he is having money problems is stupid. I'm fucking sure he gets paid perfectly fine. He is not overworked, or given unfair fights. I don't understand this guy at all.

New update: According to Cesar Gracie, Diaz will send the contract to Vargas unless Dana gives him Anderson Silva. I give up... Seriously he is fucking delusional right now. It's fucking stupid.

A few outlets are saying Nick Diaz has signed on to fight Fernando Vargas, just waiting on Vargas to sign.

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/4/14/2...t-fernando-vargas-in-boxing-match-considering

http://middleeasy.com/index.php?opt...-may-quit-mma-for-good&catid=34:organizations

I know we covered this a few months ago back in the mma/boxing section, just crazy that it coming to. I guess it's good to get his boxing itch out of the way, before the UFC merges SF in the next few years.

Unless Diaz is getting paid boatloads of cash, I'm not a fan of this.

Man, I really like Nick Diaz the fighter, but now that I start watching his interviews he is seeming like a little baby to me. He complains about SF not having anybody to fight him and how he never has a fair fight, but refuses to stop acting out so he can go to the UFC. He is so fucking talented, but he really needs to grow the fuck up. I've changed my thoughts on him today. If he really thinks his style will make him a successful boxer than he needs to really stop smoking. He needs to grow up so he can fight the best in the world.

I've listened to every Nick Diaz interview I've ever been able to get my hands on, and there's something you have to realize... he's really bad at explaining things coherently. He has a bad case of ADHD, and he believes the drugs the doctors put him on when he was a kid fucked him up even worse, which is why he's such a terrible public speaker and why he rambles on and on going all over the place. It's really not his fault how he comes off in interviews. I'm sure if he could explain his stance more professionally, you'd be more understanding where he's coming from.

I know he would make more money boxing, but if anybody actually believes he is having money problems is stupid. I'm fucking sure he gets paid perfectly fine. He is not overworked, or given unfair fights. I don't understand this guy at all.

The thing is, Diaz is only now getting paid what he deserves. EliteXC, Pride, Dream, and the UFC paid him jackshit. And in his mind, he believes he's one of the best fighters in the World, so he deserves to get paid what he reads about guys like Fedor, Brock, GSP, etc. get paid. And you can argue either side whether he's right or wrong.

Personally, I think pay in MMA is horrible to begin with with ALL fighters, and that if I was Nick Diaz, I'd be bitter too if I fought all these fights for pennies, and now that I've made it big time, someone like Brock Lesnar, who only has 5 fights to his name, makes triple what I do.

New update: According to Cesar Gracie, Diaz will send the contract to Vargas unless Dana gives him Anderson Silva. I give up... Seriously he is fucking delusional right now. It's fucking stupid.

Hey... if he can use this fight with Vargas as a negotiating ploy to get a title shot in the UFC, why not try?

MMA is a business, man, and the most money Diaz can make right now in MMA is a title shot in the UFC... so I don't see the harm in him trying to get that shot.

I understand that he is now getting paid what he deserves. My problem is that he continues to criticize his pay, and how he is "overworked." That may be the ADHD speaking, and if so than I understand, but if it is coming from his heart than it is an outrageous statement. I agree with the whole MMA pay subject as well.

I understand him trying to get a title shot in the UFC. I don't understand why he believes he should get a title shot at 185. Wait until you see the results of GSP/Shields to make this kind of statement. He is trying to hold out for a title fight in a weight class in which he has never even fought in before. Hell, he stats he has no competition to fight anymore, move up to 185. I'm sure Mayhem would jump on that opportunity. You think you deserve a title shot at a weight class? Jump up there, and prove it.

I understand that he is now getting paid what he deserves. My problem is that he continues to criticize his pay, and how he is "overworked." That may be the ADHD speaking, and if so than I understand, but if it is coming from his heart than it is an outrageous statement. I agree with the whole MMA pay subject as well.

The Paul Daley fight was originally supposed to happen on the June card in Dallas, and Strikeforce pushed it up to April because of THEIR fuck ups with the GP. That gave Diaz ZERO rest after the Cyborg fight, which was a very brutal fight, especially when you look at the abuse Nick's front leg took.

Plus, look at it like this... Diaz had a five round war in with Noons last October. 3 Months later he has another title defense, this time against Cyborg, and ends up taking a beating in that one. 2 months after that he has perhaps the biggest fight of his career against Paul Daley. That's 3 title defenses, against three very tough opponents, in the span of 6 months. Now, let's look at the other champions and big names in Strikeforce and the UFC:

Alistair Overeem - Has only had one title defense since winning the belt in 2007, and that fight was a year ago.

Gilbert Melendez - Kawajiri was his first fight in a year.

Fedor - 2 fights in the last two years.

GSP - Has averaged 2 fights a year for the last 4 years.

Anderson Silva - Same as GSP.

And so on and so on. All these guys (with the exception of Melendez) get paid WAY more than Diaz, even though Diaz has been the most loyal and worked fighter to his respective company. He's right when he says it's not completely fair, especially when you consider all his fights are fucking AMAZING.

He just doesn't know how to explain himself in a way where people can sympathize with his situation.

I understand him trying to get a title shot in the UFC. I don't understand why he believes he should get a title shot at 185. Wait until you see the results of GSP/Shields to make this kind of statement. He is trying to hold out for a title fight in a weight class in which he has never even fought in before.

This, I completely agree with you. I, too, would wait until after the GSP/Shields fight, but I guess since the Vergas fight is on the table, it's making Nick and Cesar rush things a bit.

I understand now. He just words things in a way that makes it so easy to misconstrue. I knew about his ADHD, but I did not know that it has given him these severe problems. He just calls himself the most overworked, and underpaid fighter in the sport. Never really elaborates. I disagree with how he is handling this situation, but I can understand what he means now when he says those things.

He's made 175k flat no win bonus for at least his last 3 fights. So he's definitely making bank, plus whatever he's getting from sponsors. He's definitely SF's biggest draw next to Fedor. Gotta be the third highest paid next to Fedor, and Hendo. Of course if SF had ppv's and fight bonuses he would be banking even more, as his fights definitely would've got him some bonuses.

Thing with him is, he just needs to take a nice half year off and fight towards the end of the year or early next year, just take a nice long break from the constant grind.

He's not overworked. He fought 3 times in 2010, 2 times in 09 and will probably fight once more in the year. His fight with Cyborg might have only been 2 months ago but dude will still only fight 3 times a year. That's not being overworked.

He's not overworked. He fought 3 times in 2010, 2 times in 09 and will probably fight once more in the year. His fight with Cyborg might have only been 2 months ago but dude will still only fight 3 times a year. That's not being overworked.

He's had 3 fights in 6 months already, including a 5 Rounder.

His whole case was that it was fucked up they pushed up his fight with Daley, which again was the biggest fight in his career, two months ahead of schedule because of their own fuck-ups with the GP.

He is getting overworked. He's already had 3 fights in 6 months, one of them going the distance in a war. That's a lot of work. Especially for a champion. If you're an up and comer, then I could see this being good for them, but the champion deserves some in between time. However, I think he's being a major cry baby. You don't impress the boss by getting pissed and admitting you should be suspended. He needs to take it on the chin, and wait for his chance to either get a better contract or go up the UFC. Him acting like this isn't going to help, and acting like someone's out to get him is what pissy teenagers do. C'mon Nick. Chill out. I know it has to be hard on you, but don't take it too far to where you blow your chance at anything and get in trouble. He was practically acting to get suspended in that Ariel Helwani interview. Sure he wants some time off but that's no way to do it.

He's getting out of control really fast. I remember last year during an interview, he seemed chill but like he didn't want to be there. That's just his personality. Now he's just cussing people out and getting ready to punch out interviewers. You aren't a bad ass by getting in trouble Diaz. You shouldn't have to act like a child to be called a bad ass. I really don't know what has gotten into him. He's crying about too many fights but wants to box? He's going down the wrong road. I hope he gets back on track. Maybe he just needs a break. I know they won't give it to him but in his spare time he needs to meditate or something.

Guys, it's alright. Aldo, and Randy are fighting soon. Nothing else will matter at that point.

I'm watching Garcia vs. Huerta from UFC 69 right now on the 100 Greatest Fights set. Awesome fight. I'm still only in the 50s, have atleast four more discs to watch after this.

And all his fights back then were fucking awesome.

It's a true shame how his career ended up, The dude could have easily been the Oscar De La Hoya of MMA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back