MMA May - The Flying Dutchman

BJ Penn vs. Rory McDonald... make it happen, Dana.

Who wouldn't want to see that fight? Either you get BJ passing the torch to MacDonald, or BJ comes in and shocks the World and takes down the young lion. Perfect, epic fight that's guaranteed to have some fireworks.

I support BJ no matter what.

I say Hendricks/Rory since Condit is curled up at home, waiting for GSP.

Kos/BJ should be the next fight for BJ.

The UFC on Fox has to get at least a 1.5 overall after any adjustments are made to the ratings to tie the XFL on NBC's worst rating figure. The worst the XFL ever did was 1.5 on NBC. If the 1.2 holds up or doesn't grow by .3 or more, then the UFC on Fox from last night will go down in history as one of the lowest rated prime time programs in history.

Wow...

No promotion at all was given to the card and Nate Diaz and Jim Miller aren't marquee names. Plus, it was Cinco De Mayo (first time I've missed a live card in awhile... I'm sure a lot of people were out and about), Mayweather was fighting, and I'd even wager that The Avengers had an impact on the low rating.

I mean, it's easy to see why the ratings weren't there. They need to throw title fights and marquee names on these cards.

I wish the ratings system would take into account people who DVR the event.

Thiago Alves.

Both guys are in similar spots in their careers, both guys bring it every time, and it would be entertaining as hell.

Either that, or Koscheck.

Alves vs. Akiyama is set for now, so I don't think Alves is an option.

I really, really, REALLY do not want to see BJ vs. Koscheck. I thought Kos looked absolutely terrible yesterday.

I still have my hopes set high for MacDonald. I want BJ to be a major underdog in whatever fight he takes for his return.

Frankie Edgar is recovering from a broken nose which is why we won't be seeing the rematch for a few more months.....

Fucking ridiculous. Bendo is healed and ready to fight, yet we have to wait seven months for a rematch that nobody wants to see and that Frankie doesn't deserve.

Dominick Cruz tore his ACL and is out against Faber. Fuck, man that's terrible... Wish Cruz the absolute best...

Rashad had to wait for his shot against Jones when he broke his thumb after the Tito fight.

I don't get the double standard. Can't fight at 150, Frankie? Too fucking bad.

I think it's still tenetively scheduled for 150. Still, 7 months between fights just so Frankie can heal is stupid

Looks like Eddie Alvarez vs. Anthony Pettis is being targeted for UFC 150. That's an awesome, awesome fight.

Edgar/Bendo is on for UFC 150. Roused/Kaufman is scheduled for August as well. Akiyama withdrew from the Alves fight and is being replaced by the Iranian dude who KOed Paulo Thiago.

Faber will fight for an interim bantamweight title at UFC 148. Wonder if he'll fight Barao or McDonald.

If I were to guess, it would probably be Barao, who has more wins against "name" competition.

Wait, Alvarez signed with the UFC? Fuck...That really sucks for Bellator now. Good move by Eddie, but shit, their top 2 fighters and draws have both jumped ship. Wow.

Mo has the look, size, and charisma. Can't comment on his in ring ability. He's a decent pick up if he can actually wrestle. The problem is that he will test positive for a PED within the year and then TNA will be out good money.

TNA doesn't tests for drugs, so no matter what he'll stick around if he can get over and does good work.

And personally, while I don't like King Mo at all, I really feel like he got a raw deal. Zuffa constantly gives their fighters the benefit of the doubt when it comes to failing drug tests, but as soon as it's a Strikeforce guy, they flush him down the toilet like he's a no good piece of shit. The double standard bothered me.

I think they cut Mo due to the fact that his health was extremely uncertain and he got popped. I mean, the guy was on his death bed for like two weeks from Staph and there was talk about an amputation. As for him in TNA, when celebrities cut promos, no matter how much charisma they have, they sound awkward. If he is serious about wrestling, he will get better, but a short deal won't benefit TNA

027c66ba9c0e11e1be6a12313820455d_7.jpg

Rory MacDonald is so dreamy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back