MMA September - Where Jon Jones Does The Reverse of His Biggest Sponsor's Slogan

Maybe my mind is extremely cloudy right now because I just came home from work to find out my parents had to put my dog to sleep, but,

Don't sleep on Bonnar guys. Dude has an iron chin, has decent wrestling, top level BJJ, and is still a really good striker in my opinion.

Plus, Bonnar has convincingly taken a round from Jon Jones.

I'm not saying Bonnar's going to win at all, but this fight is a lot closer than you think, and if anything, I could see it going to the judges as it only is three rounds. Major props to Silva though for stepping up. This card will do HUGE in Brazil considering the fact that Silva's a rock star down there.

And on another note, I'm rooting for Silva to finish with a better W-L than Fedor, just to put a nail in the coffin on the notion that Fedor's the GOAT.

I don't disagree that Bonnar is going to put up a better fight that most people think, and that he probably won't be finished, however, it's still going to be an ugly, one sided fight.

The whole fight is going to be Bonnar attempting to throw a jab or straight, Anderson slipping it Matrix style the way he does, and then returning with a one-two-push/snap kick. Rinse/wash/repeat on the way to 30-26 on all three cards.

Yeah, and big props to Anderson for stepping up, considering he generally fights quite infrequently and the second fight with Chael was only a few months ago.

Yea, because Bonnar is known for fighting technical, throwing jabs and straights then circling away... He's going to go in there and make it a fight. Bonnar has no fucking regard for his own health and safety, he knows this is likely his last fight, he's going to go out on his shield, he isn't going to end a career of wars and amazing performances with a Condit-esque performance. Bonnar is better than that and that is what scares me. The post I made yesterday when I got wind of the fight was my first impression, but I can't stop thinking about the fight. Bonnar will not be intimated, he's going to go in there and make this as close to a brawl as possible. Anderson Silva is my favorite fighter, and I'm actually nervous for this fight. Silva's never fought a guy as big, strong, fearless, and durable as Bonnar and I'm nervous for this fight

I firmly believe that though Bonnar lost to Forrest, he is a much tougher fight than Forrest. I've never said this before, but I don't know if Anderson can finish Bonnar, and that scares me

Yea, because Bonnar is known for fighting technical, throwing jabs and straights then circling away... He's going to go in there and make it a fight. Bonnar has no fucking regard for his own health and safety, he knows this is likely his last fight, he's going to go out on his shield, he isn't going to end a career of wars and amazing performances with a Condit-esque performance. Bonnar is better than that and that is what scares me. The post I made yesterday when I got wind of the fight was my first impression, but I can't stop thinking about the fight. Bonnar will not be intimated, he's going to go in there and make this as close to a brawl as possible. Anderson Silva is my favorite fighter, and I'm actually nervous for this fight. Silva's never fought a guy as big, strong, fearless, and durable as Bonnar and I'm nervous for this fight

What I'm saying is that his aggressiveness and disregard for his own safety is going to get him lumped up. He's going to get countered. A lot. His rather slow punches will be slipped. A lot.

And he'll keep pushing forward and throwing. He's never going to take a second off and that's what worries me. He's also much bigger than Anderson and has great BJJ, can he take Anderson down? Anderson has never fought somebody as big, strong, and durable as Bonnar, there are very few guys like Bonnar in MMA, and theoretically, his skill set will make for an incredibly tough fight against Anderson. This is an incredibly dangerous three round fight for Anderson and people just disregard it because, hey, it's Bonnar, the guy's never even won a title, he can't possibly beat the GOAT, right?

Bonnar asked for this fight, he called Dana up and begged to have this fight. White talked to Anderson who offered to step up to 205 and fight at 153, but White had no idea if he'd be able to find an opponent. Bonnar wants this bad, he wants to go out with a bang, the biggest bang in MMA history. That's what scares me.

I believe thy Bonnar possesses a much more lethal problem than Sonnen did. Where I believe is his advantage, due to his size an smothering top game, will be the ground. He'll come in much heavier than Silva and if he can get this to the ground, I believe he has the skill to submit Anderson.

If he tries to make this a slugfest then he might find himself in some hot water. Stephan while he is a good striker, can often be found sloppy with his want to engage being primary, compared to his technique. Stephan has to play this smart, he has a great jab and it has power on it. If he can keep Anderson outside with his superior reach, while it will be beneficial to him, will only dely the inevitable. Bonnar should look to get this to the ground, which is easier said than done, Bonnar doesn't really have a great shot, what he will use in his weight and aggressiveness to try and get Anderson against the cage, clinch him and either trip or muscle Silva down.

Fizzy brings up a great point about Bonnar too, and it's for the exact same reason that I want to see Silva/Belcher... It's the intangible "batshit crazy and fearless" factor. Bonnar is going to try something crazy shit in this fight.

I really think this is going to be a classic whether it be one sided or a brawl. I'm really excited for this fight.

I'm so excited for this fight, the more I think about it the better it gets. Gonna be such a sick battle, I just pray that it goes more than a round because I could watch a fight like this all day. As long as he fights like the real Stephan and not the way he did against Kingsbu at 139. But in this one there's no way he will, god this is gonna be great!

TUF begins tonight, can't muster up a shit to give about it, but apparently there is a contestant whose last name is "kuntz".

I want that guy to win.

Hendo vs. Machida is in the works. Good fight, but I see Hendo getting clowned. Then again, however, all it takes it one shot from Hendo to steal it, and you know this fight will take place entirely on the feet. Looking forward to it.

Dana punishing both guys it seems here.. Hendo for not saying he was hurt and Machida for turning down the fight at 152.

I see this unfolding like the second Shogun/Machida fight.

Hendo by BRH.

Im actually pumped for TUF but I'll have to watch tomorrow. Just wanna see Shane and Roy arguing.

I'm all for Hendo-Machida as long as Hendo can land that right. That'd be at 155 right?

I see this unfolding like the second Shogun/Machida fight.

There's absolutely no way Machida ever becomes that aggressive against someone like Hendo.

Hendo's simply going to have to set-up the perfect punch while Machida is circling away, ala Hendo vs. Bisping. If I was Hendo I'd work extensively on my left hook and make that as dynamite as his right, since I doubt Machida ever allows Hendo a shot at landing the right.

Machida doesn't really circle to begin with. He goes in and gets out. Hendo has to catch him coming in, I just don't see that happening. Hendo should bull rush Machida. Try to back him into the cage and unload. Rampage did this to some effect, I think that should be Hendo's gameplan. He can't play the counter game.

I think that's what he'll do, if he doesn't then it'll be terrible. But I think Rampage gave Dan the perfect gameplan with his win over Lyoto and as long as he sticks to it he wins.

I just read an interview where Bisping called Mark Munoz, an "out of shape fat man"

Just when I'm starting to hate Jones for no real reason Bisping jumps in and gives me a legit reason to hate him again. I want him to get a title shot just so Anderson can pick him apart and destroy him.

And don't come in here and talk about how Bisping could outpoint Andy with his solid boxing and kill this dream Fizzy, I won't let you take this one from me.

Anderson would likely catch Bisping with a straight, drop him, and finish him. Bisping never stands still so Anderson likely wouldn't pick him apart like he usually does against his opponents, but Bisping doesn't have the chin to stand with Anderson for five rounds. It would only take one shot to end the fight, and it'd likely end fast. JMT, what are your thoughts on the Martinez/Chavez Jr fight?

JMT, what are your thoughts on the Martinez/Chavez Jr fight?

The last round was one of the greatest final rounds in boxing history. Unbelievable.

Besides that though, Sergio completely outclassed Chavez. I had him pitching a shut-out going into the final round. He was awesome, though I also thought JCC wasn't as aggressive as he should have been. If there's a rematch, I think JCC will throw a lot more and we'll see a much different fight.

Maybe someone speaks asshole better than me and can tell me what exactly Bisping is talking about when he lashed out against Benavidez.

That smug-faced little shit in a prepubescent boy's body needs to shut the fuck up because I'll take the Pepsi Challenge with that short-ass any day of the week

Bisping's been having major 'roid rage lately.

20120915103054_IMG_0716.JPG

20120915102932_IMG_0540.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back