MMA September - Where Jon Jones Does The Reverse of His Biggest Sponsor's Slogan

LOLZ at Dana. The actual PPV buyrates for these guys tell a completely different story. Lesnar was bigger than GSP ever was in terms of drawing power. In fact, GSP only has sold over a million buys twice, and one of them was when he was on a card with Lesnar. Rashad Evans has drawn a million buys more than GSP has. Anderson is historically a horrible draw, and has only drawn any in the fights with Chael. Chael has only drawn when he fights Anderson. Jones is starting to become a big draw, but so far his biggest draw was when he fought Rashad Evans.

I have to wonder if Dana actually looks at figures when he makes these statements.

LOLZ at Dana. The actual PPV buyrates for these guys tell a completely different story. Lesnar was bigger than GSP ever was in terms of drawing power. In fact, GSP only has sold over a million buys twice, and one of them was when he was on a card with Lesnar. Rashad Evans has drawn a million buys more than GSP has. Anderson is historically a horrible draw, and has only drawn any in the fights with Chael. Chael has only drawn when he fights Anderson. Jones is starting to become a big draw, but so far his biggest draw was when he fought Rashad Evans.

I have to wonder if Dana actually looks at figures when he makes these statements.

For a moment I thought you had quoted my Lashes Sonnen > Danger Waffles comment and I was ready to fight to the death. Now not so much. :suspic:

Chael plays Dennis. That's funny cause Dennis is a rapist and Chael lays on guys....

Seriously that sounded better in my head.

[YOUTUBE]LPzsYIbPV3w[/YOUTUBE]

So pumped.

I don't know how people on other forums are complaining about this fight. It's going to be entertaining between two guys that deserve the utmost respect for what they bring to the sport. This is going to be so damn good!

I think Anderson whoops that ass quite handily, but Bonnar manages to find a way to make getting your ass beat entertaining as all hell.

Nobody has the chin to take Anderson's punches in four ounce gloves. Literally, nobody. He's just too fast and accurate with them. Not to mention powerful.

Bonnar will get knocked out for the first time in his career, and Anderson will do it rather easily.

Clay Guida will officially be a 145er the next time we see him fight, likely a January card. Adding some depth to the division, I never would have expected a guy like him to drop but I'm very interested.

Jason Parillo, who trained BJ for his fights against Nick Diaz and both Edgar fights and Tito against Forrest (third fight), is apparently training Ben Henderson against Nate Diaz.

Now, I'm picking Nate to win.

Batista's fight is next week. His opponent, Rashid Evans, violated probation and is back in jail.

Send in for Bob Sapp!

Fight Bonuses.

Fight of the Night: Stefan Struve and Stipe Miocic ($40,000/each)

Submission of the Night: Matt Wiman ($40,000)

Knockout of the Night: Brad Pickett ($40,000)

Holy shit, is Jimi Manuwa scary. That was an absolute destruction of Kyle Kingsbury, who must have pissed off Joe Silva for him to get two of the biggest LHW prospects out there (Teixiera and Manuwa) in his last two outings.

Manuwa has no TDD though (especially where he was still getting taken down by a concussed Kingsbury), but that being said, with the way he throws bombs, it may not matter. What a great addition to 205.

Also, Dana said he was pleased with the entire card (which was great and a dark horse for Card of the Year) except for the Hathaway/Maguire fight. Everyone knew that Hathaway (who has looked like shit since the loss to Mike Pyle) was going to decision his way to a win via lay and pray.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back