**MERGED** Finally.. The Rock... has come back... HOME (KEEP IT ALL IN HERE!)

How many times will we see the Rock?

• Wrestlemania, the grand-daddy of 'em all. That's it.

• Maybe one Raw.

• TWO!!!!!!!

• I reckon a good deal of appearances on WWE, including Web work and video promo's.

• All the time, like on Smackdown as well. lol.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I had to dvr this as I was working. I always add an additional 15 minutes in case it goes over. Holy shit. It ended as the rock reached the top of the ramp.

As everyone has said, this was the best promo cut since he left. I was a huge Rock fan, and was pessimistic about his return because I felt like we had seen everything. This just shows how far wrestling has fallen since the good ol days. Although Rock's promo was profanity laced, that's not what made it great. The fact that everybody knows his catchphrases and is sitting on the edge of their seats to hear every word is what makes it great. The fact that the Rock knows when the crowd can get louder, and goes out and makes them. The first time the fans yelled "millions" was a louder pop than anybody else has had in year. He got them to get louder. Twice. So unbelievably great.

WWE is in a perfect spot right now. Make the match. Cena vs Rock at Mania. If you want to turn Cena heel, have him win or lose, doesn't matter. If you want to keep him face, have Rock shake his hand and Finalllllllllly pass the torch, much like Hogan did at 18.

I had to dvr this as I was working. I always add an additional 15 minutes in case it goes over. Holy shit. It ended as the rock reached the top of the ramp.

As everyone has said, this was the best promo cut since he left. I was a huge Rock fan, and was pessimistic about his return because I felt like we had seen everything. This just shows how far wrestling has fallen since the good ol days. Although Rock's promo was profanity laced, that's not what made it great. The fact that everybody knows his catchphrases and is sitting on the edge of their seats to hear every word is what makes it great. The fact that the Rock knows when the crowd can get louder, and goes out and makes them. The first time the fans yelled "millions" was a louder pop than anybody else has had in year. He got them to get louder. Twice. So unbelievably great.

WWE is in a perfect spot right now. Make the match. Cena vs Rock at Mania. If you want to turn Cena heel, have him win or lose, doesn't matter. If you want to keep him face, have Rock shake his hand and Finalllllllllly pass the torch, much like Hogan did at 18.

Agreed with everything but the Hogan statement. He has never passed the torch and never really will either. Just look at TNA's roster. Nash was there, Hall, The Nasty Boys, X-Pac. The list goes on. Hogan cares nothing about passing a torch, he cares about money.

I must say the comment about him being GM makes sense because a while back the Anonymous GM was using catch phrases that belong to The Rock And Stone Cold and loe and behold who was the names that he mentioned on RAW you Guess it Himself And Stone Cold Steve Austin. Just wanted to throw that one out there...
Finally the rock has come back to the the wwe

I must say the comment about him being GM makes sense because a while back the Anonymous GM was using catch phrases that belong to The Rock And Stone Cold and loe and behold who was the names that he mentioned on RAW you Guess it Himself And Stone Cold Steve Austin. Just wanted to throw that one out there...
Finally the rock has come back to the the wwe

We know it's not Stone Cold as he is doing Tough Enough. It's not Stephanie or Triple H both are behind the scenes now, and nothing on the screen.

With the comment he said about staying back it makes the most logical sense that he is the GM of Raw.

I'm willing to bet money on it :)

the rock shouldnt be the anonymous gm and i thnk we all know he isnt.

the stunt today with michael cole proved tht. theres no way the rock wud interrupt himself now would he. and so wat if the gm used other catchphrases. he used shawn michaels, stone cold, roddy piper etc.

but im willing to bet the raw gm wont take wat rock did well.

the rock shouldnt be the anonymous gm and i thnk we all know he isnt.

the stunt today with michael cole proved tht. theres no way the rock wud interrupt himself now would he. and so wat if the gm used other catchphrases. he used shawn michaels, stone cold, roddy piper etc.

but im willing to bet the raw gm wont take wat rock did well.

Its a ploy. Look at the words he said. He was spoiling the future. He said he will never leave, think about those words. He won't wrestle much if any, so what impact could he be if he would never leave other then to retire. Be a GM or a manager, but WWE doesn't really use managers. So GM is the logical role.

That I will agree with. I am happy that someone yanked the ball and chains from them and are open to use their mind. I wish TNA would be like this.

That I will agree with. I am happy that someone yanked the ball and chains from them and are open to use their mind. I wish TNA would be like this.

As long as Dixie Carter keeps her head in her ass and doesnt realize that she hired writers basically from WCW she is going to go Bankrupt because they will kill TNA just like they killed WCW

All I can say is it was a long time coming and definitely a night to remember. You guys have already taken the words out of my mouth but I will say this, we all know that Vince is not a stupid man, he won't allow anyone to walk onto his show, cut a promo that pushes the PG rating to it's extremes and definitely rip into his most treasured of superstars in the present...for nothing!!! He has got a huge plan, whether it's cena vs rock or cena turning heel, who knows? But make no mistake I will be tuning into raw next week to see cena's reaction. We have not seen this kind of intensity for 7 long years and it would be interesting to find out the ratings for the second half of raw last night. Hopefully, WM isn't the last we see of the Great One and I mean the true... GREAT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am agreement with Slim. I didn't tune into Raw at all last year other then a few (like Old School, Bret and Shawn etc) but it was a downer year. This year so far Raw is great, better then most Impacts.

I am agreement with Slim. I didn't tune into Raw at all last year other then a few (like Old School, Bret and Shawn etc) but it was a downer year. This year so far Raw is great, better then most Impacts.

Can i ask you a serious Question how in the blue hell is TNA making any revenue considering that all there shows in Orlando are free including PPVs.

TNA makes their money a lot different then WWE. One is that TNA has Bob Carter. He is a major oil tycoon and I think makes somethings as well. Well he purchased 72% of TNA in 2002.

In reality, TNA doesn't make much, they spend a lot more thanks to Bob Carter. Dixie's father.

In result they don't have to leave Orlando to put on a good show or to make money. If you logically think about it, they are saving money by not traveling. While the show is free they are putting people in their seats, and the revenue mostly comes from TNAShop and ratings / buys.

While it's not a lot compared to WWE who are making millions thanks to the deal they signed with Universal years ago. If WWE doesn't have Universal they might be in the same boat as TNA, but one thing is for sure WWE isn't selling well according to their quarter review. Ticket sales are down, and they are now selling seats to less then 10,000 seated arenas where they used to be getting 20-25,000 seats filled. The Honda (Where Raw was tonight) Center usually only seats about 8,000 people give or take what seats they open up. I read a review a few weeks ago that some house shows for WWE were actually less popular then TNA Impacts.

No problem.

As a side note, neither company is really making a huge profit like they did back in the 90's during the Monday Night Wars. Thats when both Vince and WCW made money, now its just about staying afloat.

Having Rock come in tonight is going to give the WWE tons of money with the one week hype they had. I'm eager to see the ratings tomorrow as I feel this show should be in the 4.0 ratings wise and we haven't seen that in almost 10 years.

Wrestlemania Needed this hell We needed this & the WWE Needed this .

"Does this change the way you were thinking about Wrestlemania as a PPV?"

HELL YES. The Rock has saved wrestlemania the way it was going WM wasnt looking any more special then any other PPV. The Sting thing got me a bit hyped up if it happend but sting cant hold anything to The Rock @ WM

Will he have a match @ WM with Cena? 50/50 hard to say . Would we all like to see The Rock come down to the ring give Cena a Rock Bottom then deliver The Peoples Elbow You bet you mums best china and a week of sundays we would

Are we all glad it wasnt Bob Barker ?? lol

Oo did anyone notice that the first time Rock said ass it was Blept but after that they just left him to it.

That's because Rock speaks so fast that the sensors can't grab him. Austin is the same way. You couldn't sensor those two out.

Typical censors have a good 1-2 second delay. So with someone like Austin or Rock speaking, you might as well turn them off.

I predict that The Rock will be the special referee of a Cena vs Miz match for the WWE title. I wonder if he'll be there next week?

I live in the UK so it was around about 3:45am when it showed the woman getting out of the limo. To say I was dissappointed would be an understatement.

But I waiting anticipating the big news, thoughts of Stephanie running through my head (not such a bad thing if you ask me). Then out walks the great one, the peoples champ, THE ROCK.

I suddenly awoke from the near coma enducing sleep that the previous 2 hours of Raw had put me through and adrenaline charged through me.

The Rock then proceded to cut one of the best promos of ALL time and at the same time shit all over every other 'Superstar'.

What I mean by that is - The Rock was immense, but just showed us how bad the rest of the roster actually is.

If that promo didnt persuade Vince that scripted promos are ruining his company then nothing will.

Michael Cole got put in his place, The Raw Gm got put in his place, The Miz got put in his place and JOHN CENA got put in his place.

If Rock had gone on for another 5 mins about Cena, that heel turn we all talk about would have happened without Cena even having to lift a finger. The Rock was that good.

Seeing The Rock back was a fantastic moment. I got goosebumps watching it on YouTube. FINALLY THE ROCK HAS COME BACK............HOME. I hope he sticks around for a long time, the WWE needs him.

When the electricity went out I thought it must be Jericho judging by his past returns ala 2007. But when "IF YA SMELL!" bellowed out throughout the arena I marked out hard. I don't think I have ever been that excited for wrestling since I was like 7! What a moment. What a promo! That is the meaning of getting over. The fans chanted made the atmosphere so much better for The Rock. I love how he owned Cole and Cena. He owned Cena so bad the Cena fans didn't know how to respond. A "Cena sucks" chant even broke out! I don't think we will see a match but a confrontation between the two would be epic. Favourite line was, "you run around like you have just been shot out of Barney the Dinosaur's anus!"

Probably the best RAW in a long time! Not just because Rock returned but the whole show was great topped off with the long awaited return of The Jabroni beating, pie eating, trail blazing, eyebrow raising, people's champ THE ROCK :D

When it comes to The Rock being the general manager, I believe that is highly unlikely. Unless that computer has one slow ass connection there is no way The Rock sent that e-mail. My belief is that the GM is going to be Triple H and he will use that to try to extract revenge on The Undertaker by taking out his best friend. How you might ask? Well, for one if my memory serves me correctly when Nexus attacked The Undertaker, burying him alive the Anonymous GM was around. Secondly, if it does turn out to be Triple H he'll have something more to lose than just career but his power over the WWE. And if my suspicisons are correct I think that he will use his power to make Shawn Michaels the referee so that he can get his revenge too. However, I think Shawn Michaels will end up screwing Triple H at the end by giving The Undertaker the win for the respect of his peers and fans.

As for the initial return of The Rock I couldn't be happier. Even though I was expecting it to happen I couldn't help but still be bewildered at the sight of him. For whatever is to come I'll be sitting on the edge of my seat impatiently waiting. I'm not sure what is going to happen but when it is coming from the era of attitude you know it's going to be awesome.

The Rock ragging on John Cena was a favor to the WWE. Not because it was the most electrifying promo of all time, but because it revealed the Rock's true colors. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed every minute of Rock's promo, but truth be told, his promo was complete horseshit.

John Cena from the 2008 Sun UK interview said:
"He is a genuinely nice guy and a fantastic human being. What I kind of get peeved about, and this is my Achilles heel, is that I've wanted to do this my whole life. Rock falls into that category. At one point he loved wrestling and wanted to do this all his life. So explain to me why he can't come back. Simply put it's because he wants to be an actor and there's nothing wrong with that. He's very good and very successful. Associating with sports entertainment doesn't do much for his acting career. I get it. Just don't f*** me around and tell me that you love this. That's the only thing that gets me really p***ed off. Our fan base have so much admiration for him, he's got to respect that. He doesn't give anything back."

The things that he tried to "bury" John Cena with were all things that Cena said, and were 100% true. The Rock did abandon the WWE for Hollywood. He did try to distance himself from being a wrestler. None of John Cena's criticisms of the Rock were based on lies. If the Rock loved being a wrestler so much, it wouldn't have taken seven years to come back. Everything that Cena said about the Rock was legitimate criticism about the way Dwayne Johnson left. When the Rock claimed that the WWE was "home", that he "was here to stay", etc, I kept thinking to myself, bullshit...this will last just up until the point you leave the WWE to begin filming another movie...so, two, three months from now, Dwayne? And then its another seven years before we see you again? Bullshit. Can anyone honestly tell me that Cena's comments about the Rock were way off base?

I am withholding my exuberance about the Great One's return until I know its for real, and not just about making a quick buck at Wrestlemania and splitting again. My inner pessimist is convinced that Rock is going to burn the WWE again. If Rock is genuinely back for good, I will gladly take back everything I just said. I would absolutely love to be wrong about this...I just don't think I am. But if he tells us he is back for good, and then leaves again for Hollywood in a few months, after he has collected his Wrestlemania paycheck, then I got three words for him.

FUCK YOU, DWAYNE.

Well, this is an easy one. It was exciting as fuck but I'm having a hard time buying him as the "host " of WrestleMania because, frankly, a lot of what he spat out last night almost necessitates follow-up. Rock came out and got to go to town with a tomahawk on the biggest star in the company, a man handicapped by his inability to be The Rock when he cuts his lame jokes but a man who isn't completely void of talent. Cena got exposed last night and he not only needs the opportunity to rectify that wrong and show everybody that he is more talented than Rock and his writing/content limitations would have you think, but there needs to be some payoff for the top guy getting thrown to the wolves like that. If this "host" garbage isn't just a ploy to get Rocky back on Raw to get the ball rolling towards Cena vs. Rock, something went horribly wrong here. Even if that wasn't the design behind the "host" bologna, WWE should be on DEFCON 5 right now to get Cena in the ring with Rock in order to make make any damage he sustained last night worth it.

Great moment. Awesome to see Rock interrupted by the modern day marvel that is the Anonymous Raw General Manager and go through his usual shtick one more time. But something as powerful as that promo is going to leave people wanting to be freed from the shackles that bind them in today's wrestling product, and that comes with consequences that the WWE is going to have to move against. I loves me some modern day WWE. I've been reprogrammed for it as well as anyone. But that was a huge kick in the nuts to those who had been re-sensitized.

All things considered, going with that promo before Rock had agreed to a match with Cena would have been a huge mistake. I hope the WWE didn't make it.

It's been a while since I posted something, but holy tits !!

I came home from Valentine's Day dinner with the girlfriend, and while I was changing out of my suit, she utters this phrase from a different room... "The Rock is wrestling again ?"

I said, "What are you talking about ?" and when I walked into the living room, she had turned the TV on to USA and there he was, in the ring, cutting the greatest promo I've seen in more than 5 years.

Sad to say, but it was the most excited I've been in a LOOOOOONNNGGGGG time. Even she asked me later last night if seeing The Rock in a wrestling ring was the best part of Valentine's Day for me... of course, I lied. But hell yeah !!

Sports entertainment just real damn interesting again. Can't wait to get home tomorrow and watch the whole thing on the Tivo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back