• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

**MERGED** Finally.. The Rock... has come back... HOME (KEEP IT ALL IN HERE!)

How many times will we see the Rock?

• Wrestlemania, the grand-daddy of 'em all. That's it.

• Maybe one Raw.

• TWO!!!!!!!

• I reckon a good deal of appearances on WWE, including Web work and video promo's.

• All the time, like on Smackdown as well. lol.

Results are only viewable after voting.
In a recent interview, WWE Superstar Randy Orton predicts that John Cena will prove he's a better Superstar than The Rock on this Monday's WWE Raw show.

Orton stated, "You see the interviews that The Rock does and he says that he doesn't want to be known as a wrestler. He doesn't want to be known as a sports entertainer or a performer with WWE or a WWE superstar. He wants to be known as an actor. Now all of a sudden he's back in our world telling the fans what they want to hear. He's telling them, 'I promise that I will never go away again. I promise that I'm back for good and that I'm here to stay.'

Orton continues, "He said that, what, six or seven weeks ago? Have we even seen him live since then? No. Via satellite. I think Cena will own The Rock. I think Cena is wittier and can go off the cuff. Cena writes his own stuff, while The Rock has stuff written for him. It just all comes down to who you are in the ring and what kind of performer you are in the ring, and I think Cena is 10 times the performer in the ring that The Rock is. This Monday in Chicago, he'll prove it."

:lmao::lmao: please tell me orton is kidding with that .. Theres no way he actually believes that. The rock has his stuff written? Comeon now

I actually agree with Orton. All the Rock does is repeat the same exact shit over and over about 5 times, and then says something witty. It takes him a while to get there. But he hides it behind his million catchphrases.

It's all about the passion for the industry. The Rock doesn't have that passion anymore. Cena will smoke him. It's going to be a good face off.

What we fans keep forgetting is how highly regarded Cena is in the wrestling world. Wrestlers look up to him. Even Jericho said Cena is one of the best. Even Edge said it. Fans look at this stuff blindly, just like they don't notice the Rock's method when he speaks.

Don't get me wrong, the Rock can deliver a damn good promo. But he doesn't make it off the top of his head like everyone believes. Watch his recent promos and see how he hides behind his catchphrases.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Orton lost his mind for real. Wether he's on character or not, he sound like a complete jackass. Saying that cena is ten times better than rock in the ring is just stupid. And then he brought up the "rock leaving us" thing, but i'll say this one more time: wether rock going hollywood, rock wants to be called dwayne, rock wants to become a girl, it's simply none of these jackasses business, that's rock decsion, and he do what ever he wants.

Instead of them(cena and orton) whining and bitching about him leaving, why don't they try to reach his wrestling status and bring back some of the glory days of the wwe? Vince bringing back rock prove that none of the current superstars have enough draw power to carry wrestlemania, that includes orton and cena. Cena being a pain in rock behind for the last 3yrs also prove to me that deep down inside cena knows that bringing rock back is the only way to save his ass(with all the heat he's been getting). That's why I've been against his decsion to come back. Rock simply got nothing to prove, but I don't believe that this is the case with cena and orton. Anyway, WHo in the blue hell are these two jabronies comparing to the rock?

I actually agree with Orton. All the Rock does is repeat the same exact shit over and over about 5 times, and then says something witty. It takes him a while to get there. But he hides it behind his million catchphrases.

It's all about the passion for the industry. The Rock doesn't have that passion anymore. Cena will smoke him. It's going to be a good face off.

What we fans keep forgetting is how highly regarded Cena is in the wrestling world. Wrestlers look up to him. Even Jericho said Cena is one of the best. Even Edge said it. Fans look at this stuff blindly, just like they don't notice the Rock's method when he speaks.

Don't get me wrong, the Rock can deliver a damn good promo. But he doesn't make it off the top of his head like everyone believes. Watch his recent promos and see how he hides behind his catchphrases.

Cena is not going to smoke him.

No one makes it off the top of their head. If anything they are given bullet points and go from there, but bullet points aren't given to everyone. Some do read entirely from the Script. Its all about delivery when it comes down to it and Rock delivers better than Cena. And when you talk about how highly regard Cena is, Rock is the same way. Jericho and countless others have spoke of Rock like you just said for Cena. Not a big deal.

Cena is not going to smoke him.

No one makes it off the top of their head. If anything they are given bullet points and go from there, but bullet points aren't given to everyone. Some do read entirely from the Script. Its all about delivery when it comes down to it and Rock delivers better than Cena. And when you talk about how highly regard Cena is, Rock is the same way. Jericho and countless others have spoke of Rock like you just said for Cena. Not a big deal.

I was about to mention that, and yeah, I agree. If you read "Undisputed", Jericho's autobiography, he does nothing but sings the praises of the Rock. And furthermore, Orton's claim that Cena's stuff isn't written for him is a joke. Jericho, again in the book, explained that back in the "old days", aka the Attitude Era, everyone wrote their own stuff, but then writers were hired to write their material. So it's safe to say that people from those days, like the Rock, are probably perfectly fine when it comes to writing their own material. That being said, I'm sure all wrestlers now obviously get their own input as to what they want to say, but I'm just saying there are writers now. I'd like to know where Decarow discovered that Cena writes his own material and the Rock doesn't. Because back in the Attitude Era, the Rock sure as hell wrote his own material - as did everyone else.

And anyone that praises Cena's promo skills baffles me. Sure, he's confident and charismatic on the microphone, but does that make him a terrific promo man? No, it just makes him better than most of the guys in the WWE right now when it comes to being on the mic - most of them being downright awful. All Cena does, if you haven't noticed, is yell. I'm an actor myself, and in the classes I've gone to, there's something important that you learn: Yelling =/= Good Acting. There's more to acting than just yelling. Yelling is a cop out. It's like when you go for toilet humor if you're doing stand-up comedy. It'll get laughs, but it's a cheap laugh. Same goes with yelling. Cena just yells all the time. That's the peak of his mic skills. Decarow, you mention how the Rock hides behind his catchphrases, well Cena hides behind his yelling. Watch his promos. He just likes to yell because he thinks it shows his passion. Not denying that he does have a ton of passion for the industry, but man, stop yelling all the time.

Anyways, that's a bit of a segue. What I wanted to post here was just about something that sort of sent a bit of a shiver down my spine, whether or not it was intentional. But look back on the Rock this past Raw, and after he DDT's Miz, does a somewhat fail kip-up (sadly...), he prepares to do the People's Elbow. But before that, he's just staring straight at the camera as it does a fast zoom onto his face, and it looked like he was thinking, "I've missed this". Now obviously I don't know what he was actually thinking, he may well have been thinking "Did I leave the water running?", but I'll take it as this way. Anyone else feel that way?

I'm just going to comment on The Rock in general as I've not participated in this thread before and would just like to lay down my thoughts on The Rock.

The man is an inspiration, an idol, a role model, one of the best entertainers of my generation, a man I truly respect. He dreamed big, he had ambitions, aspirations and hopes outside the WWE, and despite having pure love for WWE, he decided to live his life to full and he went to Hollywood.

On the mic he is the best, period, his catchphrases are unique and never get old, he is original, he DOES WRITE HIS OWN stuff, it's like riding a bike, Rock will never and I mean never forget how to electrify on the mic and will always be like he was 7 years ago (despite having ring rust),he will never get 'outshined' on the mic like a certain Mr. Orton said he would. He cuts the best promo ever, only Y2J can come close to cutting a promo like The Rock does.

In the ring he is explosive, he has more than 3 moves unlike Cena, he is a fighter til the end and a true champion. I think his body and fitness is at its best at the moment, he is a freakin' beast, over time he will get back his athleticism as well. A true champion, the people, the real Rock fans will always stand by him no matter what, even if he does leave again, as a proud member of TEAM BRING IT I will always love the man and stick by him.

As for the CENATION and the ex-Rock fans who are pissed at him because he left for movies, no matter what your problem is with him, the man deserves respect. Fair enough if you're a cena fan because you started watching wrestler a few years ago, or your a 11 year old kid, but you can't hate on The Rock for taking Cena on, not after what Cena said he decided to run his mouth about The Rock. If you're still pissed at The Rock because he left for movies, move on, get a life, grow the fuck up. What matters is he's back now, and there is no reason to suggest that he will leave us again. You need to realise he's solidified himself as an actor now, so he will do movies, but he's back in the WWE, he has told the fans how much he loves them and he'll never leave them again like he did 7 years ago. You can't blame him for wanting to live his life to full, he's a great actor as well, I enjoy his movies.

Finally, everyone who's getting well over the top about this, it's a storyline, Cena and Rock both have respect for eachother outside the ring, and no way in hell is Rock here just to put Cena over. I have respect for Cena, I like him, he's a good guy, but this Sunday The Rock with layeth the smacketh down on his candy ass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back