• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

**MERGED** Finally.. The Rock... has come back... HOME (KEEP IT ALL IN HERE!)

How many times will we see the Rock?

• Wrestlemania, the grand-daddy of 'em all. That's it.

• Maybe one Raw.

• TWO!!!!!!!

• I reckon a good deal of appearances on WWE, including Web work and video promo's.

• All the time, like on Smackdown as well. lol.

Results are only viewable after voting.
What I think and what I dream are two different things.
What I think, is that he will somehow get involved in the Cena/Miz match, costing Miz the title. I think the Miz will get tired of being the "afterthought" in the whole Cena/Rock situation and somehow go at the Rock during the match and get Rock Bottomed. After the match, Cena gets the Rock bottom from the Rock. Raw monday night will see Cena call out Rock and challenge him to a match at Summerslam.

What I dream is: Miz beats Cena to retain. Miz then calls out the Rock claiming that "I said that I would beat Cena and the Rock on the same night. I beat Cena, now bring out the Rock." the Rock comes out, beats Miz and becomes WWE Champion! Thus bringing forth a utopia, causing the rain to go away, the sun to shine in the midst of darkness and bill gates to show up on my doorstep with a check for 250million dollars. We will all sing and dance and life will be grand forever. and ever.

The Rock will be on RAW the week of Wrestlemania. And i read in a report here on this site that Vince.K.M has already planned what is happenning for Miz,Rock and Cena at Summerslam. So thats 2 apperarenes. There will be also a number of via satelite promos. Hopefully we get more Rocky live but thats really unlikely. This Monday night. When Cole said The Rock is returning, i knew he wa bluffing but when his entrance music hit and his trons went on i was like holly shit.. maybe.. but a huge no. then i see someone come out. It looks like Rock from far away. But then it was the Miz... well played Miz well played. Tho he didn't fool me i tell ya. I knew it wasn't real from a mile away.

Haha I told all you Dwayne fans the night after he came back that he would make AT MOST 1 more in ring appearance before WM. This guy thinks he's too good for that. I'm not a Cena fan but everything he calls Dwayne out on is true.
I BRING IT...
VIA SATELLITE

i would say we get 2 more appearances on raw for sure, i know stone cold has at least 1 more raw appearance (or i hope so), thinking cena and rock will have at it the raw before mania or at mania, thinking miz and rock will have at it before or during mania as well. its possible that he could make a smackdown appearance but unlikely. but these are thoughts, only time will tell.

I would like to see him actually appear on Raw, live. I realise this via satellite thing is probably as much storyline as it is his schedule but one or two appearances before Mania wouldn't go a miss.

I still think a Summerslam appearance/match from The Rock is wishful thinking. I think if he was going to have a match with Cena SURELY it'd be Mania. It has the potential to be one of the biggest drawing matches in history, why wouldn't Vince want it at his biggest PPV?
Maybe the seeds are being planted for Rock/Cena at WM next year? I hope so, however I wouldn't say I expect it. Even if it is in Miami.

Hey everybody, first thread here. The Rock has just confirmed that he will be live and in person on the March 28th edition of Raw in Chicago! In his twitter post he says he is strapping on his boots. Do you guys actually think he will get in an altercation with Cena and/or Miz, or do you think they're saving that for Mania?

I, myself think they should get all three in the ring with all of them cutting each other down. Maybe have Cena and Rock both cut down Miz simultaneously (cuz Miz's whole schtick is that he doesn't get enough respect and also cuz Rock and Cena are faces). Then it can get really heated and they could all just brawl for a only a second or two and have security (maybe ordered by Mr. McMahon in person!) separate them all cuz Vince wants to save it for Mania.

So, what do you guys think will happen? Also, I'll be there live in the audience. So I am pumped!

I just know I'm going to get some severe rep bashing for this, but ever since this whole Cena/Rock/Miz angle started, I've been under the impression that the Raw before Mania could set up a Rock return to the ring at wrestlemania. Just imagine the amount of buzz this could create the week before Mania...Vince wants buyrates? There's your dollar sign right there.

Obviously, the chances are slim...Rock has stated in the past that his in-ring days are long gone...but this is wrestling. When did the word "never" mean anything? From reports I've seen recently on various sites, including Wrestlezone, the pay-off Vince has in mind for this angle is being kept tight to his chest.

Another thing that makes me question whether The Rock will merely be a Host or an actual competitor at Mania is the fact that any of this has been happening at all...the smack talk, the promos, the interest, the raps the insults...how can that all just be a build to a stare-down and that be it? While the journey has been a blast and very entertaining to watch, the destination needs to merit the amount that has been invested in the journey itself, and a simple Rock Bottom/Peoples elbow isn't enough for me. And wouldn't be worth the miles that have been travelled to get there.

I really do believe that The Rock will wrestle again, and I sincerely hope (probably in vain) that the seeds for a triple threat mania main event are set on Raw in Chicago.

(Please don't hit too hard....I can dream can't I?)

I just know I'm going to get some severe rep bashing for this, but ever since this whole Cena/Rock/Miz angle started, I've been under the impression that the Raw before Mania could set up a Rock return to the ring at wrestlemania. Just imagine the amount of buzz this could create the week before Mania...Vince wants buyrates? There's your dollar sign right there.

Obviously, the chances are slim...Rock has stated in the past that his in-ring days are long gone...but this is wrestling. When did the word "never" mean anything? From reports I've seen recently on various sites, including Wrestlezone, the pay-off Vince has in mind for this angle is being kept tight to his chest.

Another thing that makes me question whether The Rock will merely be a Host or an actual competitor at Mania is the fact that any of this has been happening at all...the smack talk, the promos, the interest, the raps the insults...how can that all just be a build to a stare-down and that be it? While the journey has been a blast and very entertaining to watch, the destination needs to merit the amount that has been invested in the journey itself, and a simple Rock Bottom/Peoples elbow isn't enough for me. And wouldn't be worth the miles that have been travelled to get there.

I really do believe that The Rock will wrestle again, and I sincerely hope (probably in vain) that the seeds for a triple threat mania main event are set on Raw in Chicago.

(Please don't hit too hard....I can dream can't I?)

I like it, really interesting thought and one that I hadn't even dreamed of!

You probably will get some idiots trying to trash this post, but I have taken it as it is meant.

The chances of what you have described are really small I agree, but what is the payoff going to be? I cannot see how the payoff will be Rock ending up respecting Cena and just laying the smackdown to The Miz.

Here's a few things that I don't understand when you think about it as a smark -

1, After all of this buildup between the three of them, what will the payoff be if it isn't a match that is worthy of this amount of buildup?
2, What will happen on Raw in Chicago? From a business point of view having Rock and Cena go face to face would possibly lose WWE a few buys for Mania, and all signs point towards it happening at Mania, but...
3, If it does happen at Mania, then how is it going to work? Cena and Miz have a match, so will it happen before of after? Both seem unlikely as I can't think in my head how it will work.
4, If Cena and Rock face off at Mania, what happens with Miz? When does his face off with Rock happen? On Raw? At Mania too?
5, Rock is appearing the night after Mania too, what will happen then?

My guess at what will happen is Rock comes out to confront Miz on Raw, but Miz gets the better of him and gives him a scull crushing finale and destroys Rock, then at Mania Rock costs Miz the title. Only problem with this scenario is Rock would still have beef with Cena so how do we get to the payoff?
A second guess would be on Raw Rock makes himself special referee at Mania, but the problem is how would Rock be able to appoint himself, and what would Rock gain from being Ref if he hates both Miz and Cena?

I like it, really interesting thought and one that I hadn't even dreamed of!

You probably will get some idiots trying to trash this post, but I have taken it as it is meant.

The chances of what you have described are really small I agree, but what is the payoff going to be? I cannot see how the payoff will be Rock ending up respecting Cena and just laying the smackdown to The Miz.

Here's a few things that I don't understand when you think about it as a smark -

1, After all of this buildup between the three of them, what will the payoff be if it isn't a match that is worthy of this amount of buildup?
2, What will happen on Raw in Chicago? From a business point of view having Rock and Cena go face to face would possibly lose WWE a few buys for Mania, and all signs point towards it happening at Mania, but...
3, If it does happen at Mania, then how is it going to work? Cena and Miz have a match, so will it happen before of after? Both seem unlikely as I can't think in my head how it will work.
4, If Cena and Rock face off at Mania, what happens with Miz? When does his face off with Rock happen? On Raw? At Mania too?
5, Rock is appearing the night after Mania too, what will happen then?

My guess at what will happen is Rock comes out to confront Miz on Raw, but Miz gets the better of him and gives him a scull crushing finale and destroys Rock, then at Mania Rock costs Miz the title. Only problem with this scenario is Rock would still have beef with Cena so how do we get to the payoff?
A second guess would be on Raw Rock makes himself special referee at Mania, but the problem is how would Rock be able to appoint himself, and what would Rock gain from being Ref if he hates both Miz and Cena?

I can definitely see Rock being the referee at Mania. Like, on Raw in Chicago, the Rock, Miz, and Cena can all be jawing at each other and JUST when they're about to brawl, the GM will beep in and Michael Cole will announce that if Rock feels so strongly about getting involved between these two, then he can be the ref at Mania.

Yes, proof here. He will once again step into the ring!!!!

Cena at Summerslam and Taker in Miami at WM28!!! Heres hoping!

Prior to his WWE return last month, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson had stated publicly in several interviews that his in-ring career was likely forever. Fast forward to 2011's red-hot feud with John Cena and The Great One appears to have changed his tune.

The Rock is on the cover of the latest issue of WWE Magazine and tells them he's ready to throw down in the ring once again.

When asked how many of his old ring outfits he still has, Rock said, "I still own it all. It's still with me in my house. It was never going away because I knew I would one day use it again."

That sounds like he's talking about wrestling again, so The Rock was asked, "So does that mean you're coming back to fight as well?"

He responded,"Making movies is something that I love to do, and I know that it brings a lot of people joy, which in turn brings me and my soul great gratification. Being in the ring and entertaining the audience and kicking ass physically brings me and my soul great gratification as well. I can guarantee that I can always do both."

Well its the WWE Magazine. You cant rely on the magazine and besides, this is an incredibly ambiguous answer. If he does fight, it should be at WM 28 in his hometown. The pop will be probably the best we've heard ever.

I'm still dreaming that somehow The Rock will be instigated into a surprise main event match at WrestleMania. How big would that be? For instance, someone attacks The Miz (The Rock?) and injures him so that he's unable to compete. John Cena says he's stuck without a match and calls out The Rock for dream match. It'd be super controversial and so huge.
Granted that is very unrealistic. If he was to join the card it'd happen on a Raw in order to increase buys.

Haha well yeah, I agree... since it's the official WWE Magazine, which as far as I know is about as keyfabe as it gets, I guess we should take that with a grain of salt.

BUT... the thought of Taker vs Rock alone at WM 28 next year is thrilling. It would easily top even Taker/HBK in terms of buildup, it would be in front of The Rock's hometown crowd, and if it's ever going to happen, it has to be now - respectively next year. It would Taker's 20th WM victory on the line (given he wins this year over Triple H, which I think/hope), and probably his final one... what better than to go out and into retirement with a victory over The Great One, one of the greatest WWE superstars of all time? Plus, The Rock can easily afford to lose to Taker, since it wouldn't hurt him or any storyline at all, since he'll not be around full time as we all know.

So the idea of a Rock/Taker staredown really sends shivers down my spine right now. That one could actually match Hogan/Rock in terms of crowd reaction. Rock's hometown crowd, part of which will of course be rooting for "their boy", but on the other side you have Taker's followers who don't want the streak to be ended, not even by The Rock... If they can go for that, WM 28 will indeed be must-see for that match alone. But of course, a potential Cena/Taker match is also nice, and arguably the biggest matchup WWE could produce instead; but it doesn't hold a candle to what Rock/Taker at WM 28 would be.

Well let's just see what exactly it is that The Rock will bring, and also how long he will bring it. ;)

I don't necessarily see this as official, I see this as The Rock Drawing a crowd to WM through the magazine's medium. He never says he will wrestle, he simply states that he thinks he could.

Where did he say he WILL? Can and will are two different things. Plus this is WWE Magazine.

But even if he did wrestle "one more time" people will then complain and want him to wrestle yet again.

Based on the current trash talk scenario playing out between The Rock and Cena, seems kind of obvious that the pair will eventually HAVE TO wrestle, doesn't it ?

You even have to think that The Rock and The Miz will mix it up between the ropes at some point too.

But I guess in the wonderful world of wrestling, you just never know.

One thing is incredibly clear however, unlike Stone Cold and Shawn Michaels, The Rock did not say he would never wrestle again. Would have seemed like an easy route to take if that was what he wanted to do.

While I agree that this would be great to see i think you're looking into this wayy too much WWE magazine is not reliable for half the things they say and the rock is just saying things to boost ratings

IM BACK AND I AM NEVER LEAVING AGAIN!

Now obviously i dont expect rocky to be on raw every week or even after mania for that matter. But come on. He hasnt been on raw once since he made that bold statement.

Why would he say such a thing if he had no intentions of keeping that promise? ( yes i understand he will be there next week but thatll be to hype mania then hes gone after that)

actually, rock is suposed to make an appearance the night after mania, dont expect to see him for awhile after though. then again, he is seemingly liking the spotlight and he may wrestle again so who knows what could happen.

It was actually "I give you my word, I am never ever going away." He was talking about how people thought he left, but his heart was always in the ring, and it always will be. But he never said he's going to be there in any full time capacity.

Nobody paid any attention to Cena saying he'll settle his differences with Rock next week on Raw yesterday? To me, it seems like they'll become friends and Miz will probably get screwed out of the championship by a Rock distraction then Rock & Cena double-team on him with the greatest beating Miz will ever receive in his life. And maybe, Cena becomes heel by teaming up and still turning on Rock after they're standing tall.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/03/24/dwayne-johnson-the-rock-wrestlemania-27/

The most interesting part...

When you made your return you said you were never going anywhere again. Will we see you often as a recurring act in the WWE after Wrestlemania?
It’s all up in the air. It depends on what makes sense to the audience. You always think audience first. Much like this return to wrestling, I’m always looking forward to do big and better. [Laughs]

What’s with the diabolical laughter?
After Wrestlemania, you’ll see what I’m talking about… Coming back into the business, I wanted to partner up with [WWE chairman and CEO] Vince [McMahon] and create something special that’s never been done that’s big on a global scale. And hosting Wrestlemania answered that. In addition to that, it’s not only hosting. It’s evolved into me whopping somebody’s ass. I’m looking to do something big and special with Vince after Wrestlemania.

I'm not saying "YEAAOASHFGUSHDFGHHH!!! He's BACK FOR GOOD!", but this is definitely something.

Interesting. This almost sounds like he is planning to stay beyond Wrestlemania. If that is the case there is a slight hope that he will cost Cena the win over the Miz. :D

http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/03/24/dwayne-johnson-the-rock-wrestlemania-27/

The most interesting part...

I'm not saying "YEAAOASHFGUSHDFGHHH!!! He's BACK FOR GOOD!", but this is definitely something.

hmmmm That's really interesting. But I gotta say there is something big that will happen. I don't think rock is back to the wwe just to host WM. Three things in my mind: 1-A heel turn, rock or cena will turn heel after mania which will lead to a match at SS or next year mania in rock's hometown. 2- Rock IS the GM of raw. 3- I highly doubt this, but....since rock is the host, I believe he can do anything, even tossing himself into cena-miz match and make it a triple threat..Yeah I know it sound crazy :D

I would be careful with any expectations. He was vague enough for his words to mean anything. For all we know it means something like Cena having a Cameo in one of Rock's movies. I still doubt he will ever wrestle again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back