*Merged* Everything Rock/Cena! Keep All Discussion In Here!!

RJJ

Getting Noticed By Management
[YOUTUBE]tljEBR8vI90[/YOUTUBE]

I said the same thing, "Rock left us 7yrs ago", "He say that he love the business, but he doesn't show up", "I'm here every week to entertain you", "I work my ass off for the business", "Why do you chant rock's name?:icon_cry: Why don't you chant my name? That's not fair!" and the funny part is when he talks about the money rock's making from all those movies..:lmao:...I smell jealousy.....Anyway, it seems to me that cena doesn't understand that Rock>Cena It's clear as day, I really don't know what part of this he don't understand, it's very simple, no matter how much he work, No matter how man times he show up, he's not as good as rock, he's just not that talented.

Oh god, that's really sad, the guy is pathetic.

Yeah, Cena's wrestling on a tour in Australia, while Rock is gone for another nine month's after saying "I'm never ever going away." Yeah, Cena is the pathetic one. :disappointed: Why are they chanting The Rock's name, that's like a person chanting Cena's name at a movie premier.

I'm sorry, but if you think this was a shoot, you are the one who is somewhat sad and pathetic. This is the same stuff Cena has been saying ever since the Rock returned to WWE. There's nothing new or inflammatory about these comments.

Seriously? Another one of these threads? For one, when did Cena ever say that he was better than The Rock? If anything, The Rock should have been a man and came to Cena when he said it, not several years after the fact. By even starting a thread like this, you're showing that you're very naive.

Whats pathetic is fans like you who don't realize that John Cena is 100% right when he talks about the Rock. Cena is going to bust his ass for the WWE from now until he retires, Rock is going to come in at WM28, face Cena, get his ass handed to him, and then go back to making shitty overrated movies.

The Rock isn't back for the WWE Fans, hes back for a pay check. Cena is in the WWE because he loves the WWE

Whats pathetic is fans like you who don't realize that John Cena is 100% right when he talks about the Rock. Cena is going to bust his ass for the WWE from now until he retires, Rock is going to come in at WM28, face Cena, get his ass handed to him, and then go back to making shitty overrated movies.

The Rock isn't back for the WWE Fans, hes back for a pay check. Cena is in the WWE because he loves the WWE

I agree with everything here. As much as I hate the character Cena plays, I do have the utmost respect for the man behind the character. And as much as I love The Rock, I'm annoyed by the fact he comes out with stuff like "I'm never going away." and then breaking it in less than a week where he brings it via satellite.

To the people that say it's scripted then I say to you, does it matter? If it wasn't scripted this would be pretty much what Cena would say and he's right. At times I really do feel sorry for Cena when he gets booed even though he gives his entire life to the WWE and its fans.

The Rock doesn't owe the wrestling world shit. He did what every wrestler is expected to do; perform to his highest ability and sell out crowds and merchandise. His going to make movies in Hollywood has buttfuck-nothing to do with the wrestling business, and anyone who sees it as him "betraying" the wrestling business in some way is deluding themselves or overly clingy.

The Rock doesn't need wrestling, but given the colossal response he's gotten over the mainstays, wrestling needs The Rock. Hopefully he can help to elevating their stars to the sort of status he had, but I highly doubt that.

And for John Cena; it doesn't matter if he's not as good as The Rock. You know who The Rock is not as good as? Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Kurt Angle, etcetera. So fucking what? All that matters is drawing power, and John Cena has some. Not as large as The Rock has/had, but he has it. This means John Cena = MONEY. You honestly think Cena isn't being paid big shit to do what he does for the WWE all the time? If not in money, then in prestige and respect

Good Lord. Are people really that dumb to expect to take the Rock's words literally by thinking he'll be here ALL THE FUCKING TIME? IIRC, was it not Cena who said "raise a peoples elbow and just get out of town"? He'll be making sporadic appearances. That's what he meant. He wouldn't go away completely for a long ass time like he did. And who's to say he wants to come back but WWE just doesnt have anything for him and doesnt want him now to steal the spotlight from young and up coming stars? Get over it people, you should be glad the fucking guy came back and went above and beyond whatever the shit he had to do, which was absolutely NOTHING.

The Rock is damn-sure a better wrestler than he is an actor. He acts for the money, and why shouldn't he? He's a multi-millionaire now because of it. Doesn't mean he should come on WWE programming, say he'll never leave and then just fuck off again. Looking back at what The Rock did is all well and good, but to be honest, following that promo on his return, I just grew sick of him. That's not the point though.

To allude to what was said above, The Rock DOESN'T need wrestling, but dammit I've been so sick of him lying about his returns all this time (including when he told that UFC interviewer that he would NEVER return) that I actually can't look at him in a respectful light anymore. I don't think he betrayed the wrestling business, but I wish he would just pick a side. Stop leading us on with bullshit and either stick around or fuck off. He's not Stone Cold, and he's proved that more and more recently. Behind his catchphrases and his eyebrow, he's not that good.

Cena? Has the heart and spirit of a champion. Character of a tool. Worst move combination ever created. Great crowd connection. Regardless, I definitely have more respect for John Cena than I do Dwayne Johnson. Everything Cena does is with respect, and everything The Rock does feels like a spit in the face. Retire if you want, even make a cameo appearance, but don't act like the People's Champion when you're just full of empty promises and pre-recorded bullshit vignettes.

Just lose to Cena at Wrestlemania then go away. I was never bitter about you leaving, but I'm certainly fucking bitter about how you've acted since. Hey, Scorpion King was a good film though.

The Rock is damn-sure a better wrestler than he is an actor. He acts for the money, and why shouldn't he? He's a multi-millionaire now because of it. Doesn't mean he should come on WWE programming, say he'll never leave and then just fuck off again. Looking back at what The Rock did is all well and good, but to be honest, following that promo on his return, I just grew sick of him. That's not the point though.

To allude to what was said above, The Rock DOESN'T need wrestling, but dammit I've been so sick of him lying about his returns all this time (including when he told that UFC interviewer that he would NEVER return) that I actually can't look at him in a respectful light anymore. I don't think he betrayed the wrestling business, but I wish he would just pick a side. Stop leading us on with bullshit and either stick around or fuck off. He's not Stone Cold, and he's proved that more and more recently. Behind his catchphrases and his eyebrow, he's not that good.

Cena? Has the heart and spirit of a champion. Character of a tool. Worst move combination ever created. Great crowd connection. Regardless, I definitely have more respect for John Cena than I do Dwayne Johnson. Everything Cena does is with respect, and everything The Rock does feels like a spit in the face. Retire if you want, even make a cameo appearance, but don't act like the People's Champion when you're just full of empty promises and pre-recorded bullshit vignettes.

Just lose to Cena at Wrestlemania then go away. I was never bitter about you leaving, but I'm certainly fucking bitter about how you've acted since. Hey, Scorpion King was a good film though.

Oh please. You wanna mention stone cold? Well how about the fact that Rock always said he'd never come back, or do a match, and the fact that when he finally did return in February of this year, it was better than any of stone cold's returns which are done relatively often? He's leading you on because he knows how to keep people interested in him. He knows how to entertain. It's not him being a dick.

The rock is perfection. The only time i ever was legit bored of him was the recent "Suck Rocks dickathon Raw because its his birthday and our product sucks".

Vince came out and sucked the rocks cock so hard all night. God we get it, hes the best ever and vince loves stroking rocks ego cock. "Ohhhh vince, stroke it more". "Well okay rock, heres a 3 hour borefest to love you" "Ahhhhh thanks hun".

Then all the fans are just standing there like "WTF? Im sooo bored". "Cant the Rock just come out, say a couple one liners, bash cena and make me happy". Naw, he'll just come out and smile for 3 hours straight as he takes in all the love. EGO-maniac!

You know what. I'm not a fan of either guy (their wrestling characters), but I take my hat off to Dwayne Johnson..why?

Because he was able to get out of the business and not be addicted to drugs or alcohol, not have his body a total broken down wreck, and have a successful career outside of the business.

Even Steve Austin unfortuantley can't say that due to him having bad knees, a bad back and a broken neck.

Look at Ric Flair, he still has to be in wrestling because he threw all his money away and has to keep wrestling at his age, and he's lucky he was one of the most popular of all time, let's not talk about those who weren't and can't get a job and have to work at Target like Shane Douglas.

Congratulations to the Rock for what he's achieved outside the business.

I know Cena's promo is all a work to sell tickets to WM 28.

I think people really need to get over this. Cena is just cutting a promo to keep their storyline going, its happening on twitter between the too constantly.

And the people who are all "He said he would never leave and he did" I think you are taking that comment a bit more literally than it was meant.

If anyone thought Rock was back every week then you are simply foolish. He is back, he talks WWE, he has involvement, he did the Rock birthday special a while back. He will show up no doubt from time to time. He is a busy man, he isn't a full time wrestler.

He is back in the sense that he no longer has cut wrestling out of his life, something he has done in recent years. He isn't going away again in that he is having something to do with WWE on a fairly consistent basis.

Think people need to start not taking every comment as literal. Not just with the Rock

To be honest, the Rock has earned the right to show up when he wants. WWE fans are lucky that he even takes time to come back at all as I'm sure Hollywood pays Rock a lot more money than Vince.

At the same time Cena has the right to shoot on Rock. Right now he is the coolest thing since sliced bread in terms of drawing money so he can say pretty much anything he wants about anybody he wants without batting an eye lash. I'm sure he ran this by WWE and is just adding to the feud.

People are so fast to throw the Rock under the bus for the shit he says and does. Bottom line is he made the more profitable, safer, and less time consuming decision by leaving the WWE to go to Hollywood. Put Cena or Orton in that situation to choose and I'm sure they would both run to make movies too. Like is said, its safer. More profitable, and less time consuming than wrestling. Not to mention Vince will welcome them back with open arms when they get the itch to wrestle once a year.

I'm sorry, but if you think this was a shoot, you are the one who is somewhat sad and pathetic. This is the same stuff Cena has been saying ever since the Rock returned to WWE. There's nothing new or inflammatory about these comments.

He did say the same stuff about rock, back in 2008, and nobody thought he was in character, and matter of fact I don't think cena the character can curse(Balls) on WWE shows, unless he's out of character. :rolleyes:

Seriously? Another one of these threads? For one, when did Cena ever say that he was better than The Rock? If anything, The Rock should have been a man and came to Cena when he said it, not several years after the fact. By even starting a thread like this, you're showing that you're very naive.

Whoa, first of all, Who in the hell is cena to tell the rock what to do? The guy retired in 2004, and it's none of cena's business. And instead of whining, bitching, and complaining about rock not showing up, he should concetrete on improving and taking the company to the next level, not looking back to the past. Rock's time is over, it's his time now, and he's trying to use rock as an excuse why he failed to carry the company, Naive.

Well, well, speaking of pathetic....:lmao: "Cena is going to bust his ass for the WWE from now until he retires, Rock is going to come in at WM28, face Cena, get his ass handed to him, and then go back to making shitty overrated movies." The fact remain Rock>>>>Cena whether he bust his ass, whether you kiss his ass, Rock will always be better than cena.
"The Rock isn't back for the WWE Fans, hes back for a pay check. Cena is in the WWE because he loves the WWE" If you think that rock is back for the money then you must be a...:weird: Cena is in the wwe because he got nowhere to go.
The WWE need Rock, rock doesn't need the WWE.

:lmao: Pretty nice comments, but seriously Guys, you know what's really pathetic?.. :rolleyes:

Why do people insist on bashing The Rock? He is a legend. He was one of the men responsible for WWE staying afloat and not succumbing to WCW during the Monday Night Wars. He is the reason why John Cena can even get in a WWE ring and star in shitty WWE produced films. The Rock opened up a lot of doors for the WWE to the mainstream audience and to Hollywood. He's given a lot to the business and deserves respect. So what if he's not there all the time. At least he makes the effort to make special appearances now. He doesn't have to do any of that. Yet people are still ungrateful. Some of these WWE fans are selfish and all they do is want, want, want from these guys. They are allowed to make their own choices and you are no one to judge them. I like how guys like Undertaker and Triple H can show up maybe once or twice a year if that, and people worship the ground they walk on yet when it comes to The Rock they're bitter, selfish, and jealous. STFU and let the man do what he wants. You don't own him.

My problem w/ Dwayne is that he said back in 2002 and 2004 that he would never leave and then he takeshis boots to Hollywood and at the time didnt even mention the WWE when they asked him about and didnt up until this year and at the Hall Of Fame where his Dad and Gramps were inducted and thanked Vince then.
Cena actually can wrestle but every wrestler has a certain move set that they are set to So they have uniqueness. Go back and watch early Cena for proof. Plus to the samoanleprechaun it was Stone Cold that was the main reason more over than the Rock to keep the WWE afloat as well as Eric Bischoff telling Tony Schiavone to tell everybody that Foley would win the WWE Title. imo that was the first nail in WCW's coffin.

I find it, laughable, that people here...are actually defending the rock.

I met him before on the set of the rundown with my brother thanks to Make-A-Wish foundation.

Everything Cena says is completely true. I didn't mind when he left to do movies and etc, but when he came back and said "I will never leave again...etc" I believed him. Only to be disappointed a couple of weeks later. The Rock is one of my all time favs, he's a great dude he invited my family to dinner after we talked on the set. He can do his movies, host award shows, and completely leave the wrestling business behind him. But don't give us, the people, empty promises.

I find it, laughable, that people here...are actually defending the rock.

I met him before on the set of the rundown with my brother thanks to Make-A-Wish foundation.

Everything Cena says is completely true. I didn't mind when he left to do movies and etc, but when he came back and said "I will never leave again...etc" I believed him. Only to be disappointed a couple of weeks later. The Rock is one of my all time favs, he's a great dude he invited my family to dinner after we talked on the set. He can do his movies, host award shows, and completely leave the wrestling business behind him. But don't give us, the people, empty promises.

I think this is the most important thing. The Rock is one of my all time favorites as well. More than everyone from Hogan to SCSA and beyond. When he retired originally and went out at WM19 against SCSA, I thought it was a great sendoff and he was going to do his thing in Hollywood. Even when he came back to tag with Mick Foley against Evolution it was ok. I've watched all his movies both good and terrible. Although I didn't want him to go, I respected his decision and wished him the best. Then he seemed to try and shy away from the WWE wanting to be called Dwayne Johnson (minus "the Rock"). Which again was cool.....until he decided he wanted to come back to be The Rock.
Everything John Cena said about him was spot on and like I said, I respected The Rock's decision to leave, but it's kind of annoying to hear the whole I'm back and I'm never leaving deal when it's not even possible, let alone factual. The Rock is a huge draw still (see WM27), but his loyalties lie elsewhere.

[YOUTUBE]tljEBR8vI90[/YOUTUBE]

I said the same thing, "Rock left us 7yrs ago", "He say that he love the business, but he doesn't show up", "I'm here every week to entertain you", "I work my ass off for the business", "Why do you chant rock's name?:icon_cry: Why don't you chant my name? That's not fair!" and the funny part is when he talks about the money rock's making from all those movies..:lmao:...I smell jealousy.....Anyway, it seems to me that cena doesn't understand that Rock>Cena It's clear as day, I really don't know what part of this he don't understand, it's very simple, no matter how much he work, No matter how man times he show up, he's not as good as rock, he's just not that talented.

Oh god, that's really sad, the guy is pathetic.
This post says it all, really. I translate this (in Rock mark speak) as: "No matter how much John Cena gives to the fans and to the wrestling business, none of us will ever give him credit for anything, and we'll keep on preferring this other dude who isn't even a wrestler anymore. Cena's a hard ass worker and busts his ass every damn night for us, but who cares, because we still have the Rock to come kick his candy ass for one night in Miami."

I find it hard to sympathize with the people who are on Rock's side in this whole ordeal. Sure, the guy had every right to leave, it's his life, he does what he wants with it. But then he comes back and he's treated like the greatest thing in the world, and then you have a guy like Cena who gets booed rather often and a guy like Punk who maybe should have been a candidate to main event next year's Mania, and they voice their frustrations, and then Rock and his supporters get the holier than thou attitude saying "BUT HE MAKES MOAR MONIES LOL!!!!"

Like Cena said, Rock can have fun in his mansion while I support the man who gives of himself the entire year for the WWE and everything that it stands for. Not that I don't think Rock is a great performer, but the whole way that he's been put on this pedestal since he returned is ridiculous. If people would start to respect people who aren't The Rock and don't like The Rock, instead of acting like the man is some kind of god who needs to be loved and respected by everyone, I might have less of a problem.

God, you people are pathetic. When Rock said he would never go away, he didn't mean he was staying in WWE 24/7, he simply meant he would keep on working for the WWE part time. The Rock had been away for like 6 straight years I believe, made 1 or 2 satellite appearances in that time then comes back and says he will never leave again and he has lived up to that word. He has been appearing on WWE events a lot more than he has since 2004 even if some of those appearances were via satellite but he certainly did not mean he would be back full time, IWC read too much into things. Movies is his main priority now and can you really blame him, The Rock stated that he has done everything he wanted to do in the wrestling business, what more you want from him? All wrestlers may tell you they do it for the fans but really they do it for themselves. Did they get into the business for you? No they get into the business for themselves because they love it and want to accomplish everything they want to do and then retire once they have done that. It's just simply kayfabe to say they are doing it for the fans. Also in todays WWE, apart from a few guys who would honestly be able to be able to put on a interesting program with The Rock? There's Cena, CM Punk, Miz, Randy Orton but apart from them there is nobody else cause everybody has been treated like shit all because of Cena & Orton. So if I were Rock I certainly wouldn't come back full time just for 4 guys, one of whom is likely to leave WWE soon. And I must point that Cena is exact opposite of Rock. Rock makes a few appearances then goes back to Hollywood because movies is his main priority, Cena makes a few movies then goes back to WWE because wrestling is his main priority. But if Cena is ragging on Rock for not staying permanently then why the hell does he leave for a few months to make a movie? Why aren't people on Cena's nuts for that since Cena acts like he's 100% all for wrestling? I know he's making WWE movies but still. Someone like Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair are 100% all wrestling, they didn't go off and make movies or release rap albums like Cena has. So Cena needs to know his role & shut his mouth before he contradicts himself. And to end my post Rock is more talented in the ring & on the mic than Cena is, so that's why people boo Cena & cheer The Rock, period.

I guess we just have different definitions of "never, ever going away" then. Because, to me, that means that the guy will actually show up, you know, more than three or four times a year. The guy could say what he means instead of fooling people into thinking that he was coming back on a semi-regular basis. Sure, I never thought that he would, but a lot of people did, and all they got leading up to WrestleMania was two live appearances a month and a half apart, and a whole lot of satellite promos in between.

But that's not even my main problem. I hate how Rock fans treat him as the second coming of Jesus and have absolutely no appreciation for a guy who works his ass off for them, whether fans or detractors, every damn week. They root for the guy who shows up four times a year and against the guy who lives and breathes every second of his life with the WWE Universe. And they, along with Rock himself, get these holier than thou attitudes towards people like Punk, who has deserved a WrestleMania main event for years and now still has no chance of getting one because of an actor. But Rock makes more money, and is (supposedly) better than them, so that means their hard work means nothing. I get it.

The IWC’s treatment of the Rock since his return is honestly some of the most ridiculous shit I have ever seen. 7 years of calling the Rock a sellout and asking why couldn’t he come back and make appearances once in awhile, only to bitch when it happens.

Then you have asshole wrestlers bitching unprofessionally about a man who has done absolutely nothing to them (Randy Orton). This Cena promo doesn’t bother me much since he’s obviously hyping mania, but the shit punk pulled the other day was corny. Really came off as some bitter clown shitting on someone who, by all accounts, is a decent guy who’s done nothing to him.

But that's not even my main problem. I hate how Rock fans treat him as the second coming of Jesus and have absolutely no appreciation for a guy who works his ass off for them, whether fans or detractors, every damn week. They root for the guy who shows up four times a year and against the guy who lives and breathes every second of his life with the WWE Universe. And they, along with Rock himself, get these holier than thou attitudes towards people like Punk, who has deserved a WrestleMania main event for years and now still has no chance of getting one because of an actor. But Rock makes more money, and is (supposedly) better than them, so that means their hard work means nothing. I get it.

Alot of Cena fans hype him up as some demi-god compared to the rest of the roster. Guessing you have no problem with that huh?

As for Punk and WM, I agree with you to a certain extent- he does deserve to main event a WM. However, when you have a man capable of drawing a million buys offering to wrestle, fuck CM Punk he can wait. CEna/Rock is the money match so he needs to know his role.

Alot of Cena fans hype him up as some demi-god compared to the rest of the roster. Guessing you have no problem with that huh?

As for Punk and WM, I agree with you to a certain extent- he does deserve to main event a WM. However, when you have a man capable of drawing a million buys offering to wrestle, fuck CM Punk he can wait. CEna/Rock is the money match so he needs to know his role.

Well, he is the biggest draw, the most over, the top face. He sells the most merchandiuse, tickets, and pay per views. He worked hard to get where he is, and continues to work hard, be at every show possible, do alot of charity work, and generally lives and breaths the WWE.

Cena's hard work was sucking Vince's hard dick to get where he is. Sure he worked his ass off for it but pretty much anyone can if given the ball to carry, so I really wish people would stop using that as an excuse. Cena was shoved in our faces so much that we were forced to accept him as the top draw, so no it wasn't his hard work that got him over, it was Vince.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back