**Merged** Cena & Rock Discussion - KEEP IT ALL IN HERE!!

Do you support The Rock or John Cena?

• The Rock

• John Cena

• The Miz!!!!!

• I'm just going to enjoy the show

Results are only viewable after voting.

D-Man

Gone but never forgotten.
I think it's only fitting that we have both a thread on the Rock's return, as well as a thread that contains our thoughts on how John Cena will respond to the Rock's trash-talk.

The Rock verbally laid the smackdown on Cena's candy ass. What will Cena do? What will he say?

Guys, keep it all in here and DO NOT SPAM. For all of you newer users, we give warnings and infractions for what we consider to be spam. Our definition is:

Wrestlezone Rulebook said:
A. Spamming: Stupid Pointless Annoying Messages. The rules on Spamming at WrestleZone Forums are somewhat different than that of most other forums. We require that you give an opinion on a subject, but also to back up your opinion; simply stating that something is good or bad does not add to discussion. What we want to know is why you feel the way you do about a certain subject, to allow other posters to debate your opinion. We do not require an essay for every post, we simply require that you contribute to the topic. Spamming is allowed in the Forums under the Spam Friendly Sections heading, but not in any other Forums. Spamming in a forum where it is disallowed may result in an infraction.

Please keep this in mind when posting otherwise your stay here might be a short one.

If WWE just lets Cena loose like we know he can, it should be epic. While nowhere near The Rocks level, Cena a pretty charismatic dude. A promo battle between the two of hem would truly be a sight to see.

First I've gotta say that it was awesome watching The Rock return tonight on RAW. Secondly, when he was bashing John Cena I couldn't help but wonder what exactly would be going through Cena's head at this point, in terms of him getting a verbal ass whoopin'.
I think that Cena will not reply, rather they had just planted the seeds for one of the biggest matches of all time at next years Wrestlemania.

This should be awesome. the ratings for next weeks raw will be huge as we wait to see Cena's reaction. This has been most wrestling fans wet dream for the last four years, The rock vs Cena smack talk. I can see why they didn't have Cena come out tonight, he would of been booed out of the arena and it would of killed his return.

I wonder if Cena will end up saying ass, or if he will play on the fact that the rock has to use the same rude catch phrases he used all those years ago.

Either way, This will be the most talked about thing all week. as long as they don't ruin it by having it on Smackdown. (I have a feeling they will it is the 600th episode) without somehow advertising the fact that the rock will be there.

I'm not sure about it. It's too bad that Cena seems to be facing The Miz and The Rock doesn't want to wrestle. It only just struck me how big of a draw Cena vs. The Rock would be. But you know what? After seeing how The Rock reacted out there tonight, I wouldn't be surprised if he reconsidered not wrestling again. Sure he is going to be hosting at Wrestlemania, but there is always after that.

As for Cena, I would love to see him confront The Rock. It would really put Cena's mic skills to the test to see him verbally joust with The Rock. Logically speaking, Cena would have so much amunition to use against The Rock with the whole "Selling out for hollywood" thing that people got so upset over when he initially left, but after tonight, I don't think there is anything Cena could really say or do against him.

I really want to see these two go face to face though.

It should be interesting because so many people were cheering the Rock. How can John Cena remain the face ? Cena isn't as entertaining as the Rock (slight understatement) and the harder he tries to be funny, the worse the promo is. Raw next week should be interesting.

I can't say I KNEW The Rock would be there tonight. But I definitely HOPED he would be. It all was so great.

We still don't know what the GM was gonna say. The Rock came out and did what he does, stole the damn show. He went out there and showed why he is unmatched, verbally, in a wrestling ring.

The one thing that totally caught me off guard, was his focus on John Cena. I thought that was great and probably the BIGGEST thing he could really do out there. I thought they would stay away from that, but that went at it right away.

Kudos to who decided The Rock needed to address John Cena. Brilliant idea and pretty shocking, to me at least.

As for Cena's response... Obviously they will have him play the good guy role, but HOW is the question. Will he take the high road and say he is sorry for his comments about The Rock. Or will they have Cena stand by his words, and call The Rock out. I can't wait for RAW next week!!

I think if the two do eventually meet in the ring it would go something like this:

Cena's response, "Blah blah blah! You Can't See Me!"

The Rock's response, "Who in the blue hell, is stupid to believe that pile of Grade A monkey shit! What are you a magician? Can you vanish in thin air? Well you best vanish your candy ass out of people's ring before I take that stupid purple hat of yours....... take a stroll to nearest dry cleaner........ have them take that hat and clean it up real good...... that's right I ain't going to touch something that looked like it came out of Barney the dinosaur's ass...... comeback with pair of steriled gloves and turn that sumbitch sideways and stick it straight up your CANDY ASS! and then we'll see who god damn can't see you."

Seriously The Rock coming back forever changes what we can expect at Wrestlemania. He single handedly buried what probably would have been and probably still is RAW's main event at mania. There's only one match that the millions..........and millions and the Cenation want to see.

I wondered for a brief moment if this would be the beginning of the inevitable Cena heel turn. An attack on The Rock would certainly be a good start. However, let's remember that the Austin-Rock feud, for the most part, occurred while they were both faces and they pulled it off.

One thing I do agree on is this: You know the verbal confrontation is coming. Vince is going to have to turn these guys loose for just a few shows. Let's remember, though, that Cena got fined for saying he was going to whip CM Punk's ass a few weeks ago and, well, we all heard what the Rock said earlier. Don't know about a fine, but I wonder if Vince will even say anything to him. Such a refreshing change tonight!

I can' t wait to hear Cena's response. We are used to Cena's cute goofy, good guy routine when he is on the offensive. Now that he is on defense I think WWE will let him loose. I don't think we will hear the usual cute promo with Cena we usually hear, we will probably hear him call out The Rock for "turning his back on the fans of WWE". I just don't know how fans will react. Will they cheer or boo Cena for calling out the Rock? I'm sure he will still have some cheers by his usual fans, but I think we will hear more boos then anything.

I don't know if The Rock will be live on Raw again next week, but I would love to see the two come face to face. The Rock as a guest host and an actual wrestler will probably be out of the cards, but anything can happen. Whether Rock is there or not next week, it will be great to see Cena's reaction and the crowd's reaction.

To be frank, the IWC are still assuming Cena hates the Rock, I still need to see a video where he shoots on the Rock. The rampant talk about Cena and Rock is what Vince capitalized on. I'm a Rocky fan at heart, so Rocky>Cena, but as I said, this is all way out of propertion. In a Kayfabe point of view though, this should be a sight to see

I've been saying for a while now that CM Punk vs. John Cena was going to be the PG Era version of The Rock vs. Steve Austin and I truly believe that they had always planned on doing this feud. As much as The Rock is easily ahead of John Cena on the mic, I still feel like those two (Punk/Cena) were and are the only two guys currently in the WWE who could truly have carried a feud to the level of the Rock/Austin heights.

That being said, we now have the opportunity to see The Rock vs. John Cena, which should be equally as entertaining as the proposed feud/match that I spoke of. How will John Cena reply? At first, I'd say very casually. He'll try to make nice. He almost has to if they want to keep him baby face. Though as soon as The Rock started going off on John Cena, I shot a message across AIM to my buddy and said, "Soon, Cena turns heel.. not now, but soon." Now do I think this is a matter of weeks or months? No. Unless they do Cena/Rock at Mania ..which I don't see happening so soon, he'll stay face for now.

But eventually John Cena is going to turn heel. And, I'll love every second of it.

Now I just want to see CM Punk talk about The Rock. I think CM Punk would have a better chance of going toe-to-toe, adlibing on the mic with The Rock as I feel he's clearly ahead of John Cena in that aspect of his game.

This could be extremely interesting. When Cena gets angry and unleashes the teeny tiny Hulk inside him, that we all have inside of us, he can gives some pretty intense and passionate promos.

If Cena gives some sort of response, which I think is likely, then I think he needs to do so in a serious mood and tone. Using all of his usual combacks in the cutesy happy go lucky manner will just wind up getting him booed out of the building. Don't make corny jokes, let people see the fire inside him. Let him get a little riled up. Otherwise, it's just going to look like a disaster compared to the promo Rock gave tonight. If he's just going to be all cutesy and corny as he sometimes does, then they should just skip the idea of him responding altogether.

There's another thread currently running that asks the question: "Will John Cena have to stay PG?" ... and the answer to that question will play a big part in how he responds to The Rock.

Simply put = Cena will remain PG in the coming weeks. It makes no sense for him not to stay PG. His biggest fans are kids. Kids aren't going to cheer John Cena cursing at The Rock. This potential feud is meant for fans of two eras --- the Attitude Era AND the PG Era. If Cena starts delivering an Attitude styled promo, then the entire feud will alienate Cena's biggest fan base - the kids!

All that said - I expect John Cena to rip into The Rock's NEED to use profane language. The Rock can't get a point across unless he's cussing. It's different now. John Cena has something to say, he doesn't need to curse - he picks and chooses his words carefully, and he doesnt need to say "Damn" or "ass" to get people to listen to him.

....Cena will also more than likely repeat the statement that sparked Rock's comments tonight. He'll mention that he has the Hollywood thing, but he still manages to be there for the fans. Cena doesn't need to say that wrestling is in his blood, he proves it by sticking around ... The Rock makes that same claim, but as usual, he's all talk.

This would be awesome, Did you see the pop Rock got fro the crowd, i have to admit i got a bit teary eyed when the lights went out, nice cover with the woman who stepped out, i was a bit pissed until i realized the scene was a bit too big for a woman host. Now down to business, Cena lacks that enthusiasm that The Rock brings to the table, and I dont see him being able to topple Rock. Maybe like someone said if WWE lets Cena loose then just maybe he can try and keep up and make it a bit entertaining, but as for a face to face war of words, Cena has no chance. and a match at Mania would be probably the everything anyone could want. Yeah we got screwed out of a dream Sting vs Taker match, but a Rock vs Cena match is like everyones childhood dream wrestlers against each other. I know the majority of us have grown up with The Rock, and this new generation (the kiddos) are growing up with who some would call the new Rock, It just makes for a really great match...but this makes me wonder, could this be the start of a heel turn for Cena..maybe not an intentional heel turn, but seeing as it is The Rock is everyone's favorite, could Cena winning a match against Rocky be a bad thing for him?

I know I don't fit the typical "Cena fan stereotype" considering I'm a 30 year old dude... but I do love the guy and think he's an incredible performer... and superb on the mic. But the Rock literally owned him tonite. I really felt bad for Cena. I honestly don't see how anything but a Cena hell turn can be expected. Can you imagine these two guys in a promo battling it out? And hopefully a match together?! I was (and probably everyone else) thinking Miz vs Cena at WM. But now what? I'm not sure what Cena has in mind, but it's going to have to be impressive to even compare what The Rock did to him tonite!

The best way for Cena to respond would be in his serious/pissed off way instead of acting like a goofy ass. Not only because his serious promos are better than when he is acting goofy but also because the back and forth is always a lot more entertaining when one guy is intense and angry and the other is serious but also making fun of the other guy. The Rock is awesome at transitioning from being funny to serious when he decides its time to tell it like it is, and John Cena just isn't funny at all and will not be able to keep it interesting by trying to be funny. He actually cuts a pretty decent promo when he is being serious so let him go with what he is best at and it will be a good battle on the mic

I think The Rock might have a match with Cena at WM because I think he certainly has one more match left in him. As for Cena responding, I would not be surprised if he does not mention it because if you want to keep Cena face how do you fire back at that epic promo that The Rock delivered tonight? Easy question, you can't. I think this may be the groundwork for a dream match fellas leaving Miz to fight Morrison. You can say what you want, but I think this is the most logical way to go because The Rock verbally pwned Cena and layethed the Smaaackadown on his candy ass!

Well, now we'll get to know how much ahead Rock really is than Cena. From what i am reading on WZ raw's report, it was a brilliant cliffhanger for the next week RAW. I just cannot wait for Cena to come out next RAW and respond to Rock's onslaught on him.

Rock vs Cena promos would be HUGE. Cena had virtually no competition for last 5-7 years, but now he is up against the best. But i don't think Cena is mug on the mic himself. He was outstanding with his Rapper gimmick and has taken down many. I haven't seen tonight's RAW, but it seems Cena really sold Rock's mic work today, not that it was critical for Rock.

I guess it'll go like this: Rock trash talking Cena every time he gets opportunity. Cena, due to his respect for Rock, is taking as much as he can, but it is getting increasing red-faced and uncomfortable due to repetitive insults from Rock. He explodes on day and bulldozes Rock, leading to a real intense confrontational Promos. It is revealed that entire nexus is on his side, and also GM identity is revealed.

I guess this is going to bring out the best in Cena. Getting repeatedly insulted, manhandled, and outlined. Then not being able to give a proper Promo, since he is feeling Rock's presence somewhere in his head. Having an almost nervous breakdown, and then making a hell of a comeback to defeat Rock in his own game. I guess every child will be able to relate to this, and it will be storyline of the year 2011.

I liked both of them, but i don't see Rock getting out of this feud as clear winner, since Cena is and has been the reliable face of the company for last 5-7 years.

I think Cena will have to say something in his defense and I can't wait to hear it. Maybe he will call out The Rock for a match at WM in a huuuuuuuge main event. If it goes down I see it happening like this:

Remember how Hogan vs. Rock went? I think that if the match between Cena/Rock does go down thats what we will see again. The Rock was the face but got booed the whole match until the end...a changing of the guard so to speak, and that would happen again. Cena would be booed the whole match, but The Rock can put him over and if they wrestled he would.

Cena has to respond strongly otherwise he will look like a chump, I imagine The Miz will have something to say as well, this will all lead to Rock reffing the match between them at Mania, not very interesting to me personally.

As others mention, this could be the perfect time for a heel turn to be culminated at wrestlemania. Cena can come out to boos and tell the fans how he has been here for the past 7 years busting his ass for them. He'd reiterate how the Rock sold out and turned his back on them and went to hollywood to make a buck. how it was always about the dollar for the rock and he never cared about the fans. eventually maybe a few weeks in, with cena getting booed more and more and rock getting all the love cena finally says screw you to the fans because if they care more about a sellout than they do about the guy who's been working each and every day for the past 7 years for them, they can all kiss his ass. and since apparently you're allowed to say ass on the show again, it would be the perfect time.

and to cap it off... to solidify the biggest heel turn ever and absolutely shock the world, cena would get involved and cost undertaker the streak. i'm not sure how that would necessarily fit in, but can you imagine the heat it would generate?

Cena has to respond strongly otherwise he will look like a chump, I imagine The Miz will have something to say as well, this will all lead to Rock reffing the match between them at Mania, not very interesting to me personally.

I agree with you 10000000000000% this wont get me to buy mania on PPV unless the Rock is going to wrestle. Im not a big Rock fan but I admit it was nice seeing him back and it was a classic promo but I just can't see people having orgasims or paying $60 to $70 to see him just host or guest ref.

First time on in a little bit so forgive me if anyone considers this spam.

I dont really see how Cena can come back from that. The Rock just tore him to pieces without missing a beat after 7 years without doing a live promo. Nothing Cena can say is going to come anywhere near what Rock said. Sure he can bring up Rock selling out for hollywood but if you notice as soon as The Rock brought up Cenas name a good 85% of the crowd began boo'ing Cena so I really doubt that the fans are going to really buy into anything Cena has to say.

However just the thought of Cena vs The Rock is enough to sell tickets and after seeing how The Rock was in the ring I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen. It would be the most epic match since Rock vs Hogan at WM18. The poster boy of the PG Era WWE vs one the the top 2 stars of the attitude era and arguably the most loved superstar in recent memory excluding Hogan.

But as far as Cena's response I see him trying to avoid it for as long as he can all the while getting boo'ed everytime he gets on the mic. Just my opinion tho and either way I can't wait to see how everything plays out leading up to Wrestlemania.

After a little bit of research I realized what the Rock was talking about in regards to John Cena and I am a huge Rock fan and he is one of my favorite wrestlers of all time but with that being said I have to side with Cena on this paticular topic. What the Rock was referring to is a radio interview Cena did a couple of years ago back around the time of the RAW 15th Anniversery show where Vince asked the Rock to appear and the Rock said no and Cena said that he took issue with that because the Rock had been talking about how he loved the WWE and how the WWE was his life and yet whenever Vince asked the Rock to make an appearance the Rock would say no or just film some lame ass video montage making fun of people all while talking about how he would never disrespect the the WWE universe, Well As a longtime WWE fan I think that Cena was right. Afterall Cena is all about the WWE, he is the most requested Superstar that Vince has and Cena does more charity work for the WWE than anyone and unfortunately that's more than the Rock can say. Everytime Cena films a movie he finds a way to film the movie he's in and appear on WWE programming at the same time but when the Rock went off to film a movie he left for 6 months to film a movie and then he would come back. The Rock left for 7 years to pursue his "acting" career and Cena has been in the WWE working harder than anyone in that company and The Rock comes back a blasts Cena like that. If you ask me I don't think he has the right to but then again that's just me

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back