**Merged** Cena & Rock Discussion - KEEP IT ALL IN HERE!!

Do you support The Rock or John Cena?

• The Rock

• John Cena

• The Miz!!!!!

• I'm just going to enjoy the show

Results are only viewable after voting.
I 100% agree with you and the fact that he "supports" Tottenham Hotspurs makes him even more of a douche (btw, not as if spurs are ganna win the champions league so dont get on your high horse spurs fans). I hope to god that him and The Rock have a match at this years Wrestlemania or at a future PPV because i want to watch The Rock whoop his ass. I was glad on what The Rock said concerning Cena this week on Raw, it was like he read my mind.

So, John Cena responded with a little joke on Twitter huh? That's such a trolly, cornball, thing to do. This dude used to be a battle rapper, he should've waited until Raw and then let The Rock have it. I guess his feelings were legit hurt. I respect John Cena for his work ethic, but I honestly don't like the small parts of his personality that he's presented.

As if cena has a clue about 'soccer', methinks he was simply been tongue in cheek about what a shock it was for a previous face of the www to criticise him.

I wouldnt be surprised to see Cena come out with a box of fruity pebbles and make a corny joke about watching barney then falling alseep watching the rocks movie. Maybe shows a pic of the rock in the toothfairy suit. Either way, Corny

I would kill to be able to watch RAW next week, I think I might try and find my way to an internet cafe or somewhere I can watch it as for probably the first time, I am really looking forward to a John Cena promo.

The Rock was scatching, rutheless when critisizing John Cena, which is what the Rock is known for, not holding back, saying what The Rock wants.

Althought it's not going to happen, I would mark out if John Cena came out and started rapping at The Rock like the old days on SmackDown although I think this will be a face vs face affair and Cena won't be cussing or being rude. Cena definately has to call The Rock out on leaving WWE because that's what the Rock started off with about John Cena, his comments about The Rock leaving WWE and saying he'll never wrestle again despite saying he loved WWE.

The moment when John Cena and The Rock are standing in the same ring, face to face, it will be one of THOSE moments where it's replayed on future DVD's, highlight reels, tribute videos, countdowns as one of the best moments on RAW. Much like the Hogan/Rock staredown before WrestleMania 18.

The thought of The Rock giving John Cena a People's Elbow at WrestleMania is just too much.

It will be an epic promo battle to say the very least. Although I don't think Cena will be able to match The Rock.

What i'd like to see - Cena come out and try and match the Rock, cut an epic promo on him and set up a Rock appearance on a Raw before Mania where the two would go face to face and talk trash to each other for a the entire show, leading to a match at Mania.(or some kind of physical altercation)

What will actually happen in PG WWE - Cena will laugh it off(or ignore it totally) on RAW and then at Mania Rock and Cena will end up shaking hands after Miz has taken a peoples elbow and AA and then the show goes off air.

WWE is far too predictable and I really don't think they will allow for Rock to layeth the smackdown on Cena, which is a huge pity. This has the potential to be epic, even without a match, but WWE will pander to the kids and have Rock and Cena shake hands.

The Rock's promo last night has wet my appetite for some great encounters between the two. However, I disagree with some who say he needs to turn heel to respond to this. He should respond the way his character allows him to be. The Rock was being The Rock. If Cena breaks character just so he can come back with a decent reply, Rock will have a field day with him. The best way to respond is to do what he always does, try to make it seem like what Rock said was water off a duck's back and act like it didn't faze him. His first twitter response about having been called worse names then that may not be what people wanted to hear but for his current character, it is what I would expect from him.

Also, these promos would be discussed between Cena and Rock before they would do the live tapings so it also depends on what direction The Rock would want to take it. I mention only The Rock because to pull a promo like he did in a PG programme would mean Vince gave him free reign to say whatever he wanted to say. Which means Rock has a major pull where his storyline is headed, if he has one to begin with.

In saying that, The Rock is one of the most generous superstars of wrestling when it comes to putting guy's over so who's to say he wouldn't help Cena get a bit more street cred by letting him get one over on him on the mic? That would give Cena a new found respect (Hey, I'm hopeful) from the diehard Attitude era fans who seem to resent him the most. If anyone can make another person come out smelling like Roses, it is The Great One.

Or have we not forgotten that The Rock also did some of his best work as a heel himself? His appearance the very next day on Raw after turning heel at Survivor Series and becoming the Corporate champ was one of the biggest heats for a heel I've heard ever. Who's to say he wouldn't do a heel like GH kind of role to appease both the Attitude fans and PG era fans?

Really guys, there is so many options for them to work with. The only problem is trying to pick an angle that works for both of them, moreso on Cena's side because Rock has proven he is a cameleon and can play both sides, face and heel, and still come out looking like a bad ass. He's just that damn great.

Cena however needs to freshen up his character because it is getting stale and that is probably where some of you think he needs to turn heel in order to do it. He doesn't need to necessarily, especially when he has someone with the star power like the Rock to feed off.
I do not see the biggest babyface of the company alienating the fans that have catapulted him to his current position. At least not before Wrestlemania anyway.

However they play this, it is going to be make for rivoting tv. No one will ever be good on the mic as the Rock but just being part of a feud with him in this current state WWE is in is like a godsend to the company. I'm sure there are plenty of guys on the roster who would jump at the first chance to work with The Great One whatever the angle may be. Cena would be no exception.

The problem that Rock has is that when he cut his promo on RAW it was during the overun, which mean't that it didn't get bleeped out after a certain time, if he did that durig RAW's normal hours the censors would have a field day.

Like the above poster says, WWE has so many options to choose, so many routes to go down, let's just hope they pick one that will satisfy the fans that this angle is for, as it really isn't for the little kids who don't even know who the Rock is.

No cena just YELLS to make people cheer when he talks. Cena coming back at the rock would be VERY risky , and risk ruining him as a on air personality. You have to realize, The rock just completely owned cena, before even using cenas name. It basically showed how bad cena really is on the mic and how he TRYS to get fans into him. Rock doesnt try, he just does.

The dr of thuganomics could own the rock, but this version of cena sucks. Rock gives plenty of material that could be used to throw back at him, with his silly poses and catch phrases, but Cena wont be allowed to be himself like he was in the past.

Look, whatever the response is, its going to be a media frenzy. Its going to cause even MORE hype for WM 27. The fact is you have The Rock, (one of the BIGGEST stars in Wrestling, and pop culture today) mouthing off in response to John Cena, another top star in wrestling and pop culture as well. No matter who can talk the talk, or fight the fight, its going to bring in people just to see what the hell happens. I mean, I personally am kind of torn to be blunt. I really think both can be entertaining when you break it down piece by piece. Neither of them are looking to win Oscars, or ESPY awards, they are just looking to have a good time. They both love what they do, and like to give it 150% for the audience. In the end, isn't it really about making sure that everyone goes home having been entertained?

Cena will have to act on defense first before anything. I can see Cena going the route of the disappointed fan and explain that he lashed out at the Rock because he believed in him but he still left the WWE. Honestly if he goes on the offensive too soon he will only gather boos because the Rock is too hot right now following his return. On offence, Cena could say he understand the Rock left to pursue his Hollywood Dream and use the Tooth Fairy images to mock the Rock.

How far Cena can go will depend on how much the Rock is willing to let WWE make fun of him. He is after all a celebrity in the entertainment world and his image is more important to him now.

Ok after The Rock completely ripped Cena apart on this past Monday's episode of RAW what will the live crowds reaction be to John Cena when he comes out to the ring? Will Cena get booed out of the building? Or will it be a mixture of cheers and jeers? Will he be able to work through the jeers like he usually does or will he be unable to ignore it and bring back a little of the heel Cena from the Dr of Thuganomics days?

What do you think John Cena's reaction will be to what The Rock said about him? Do you think he will still try to play face or will he rip on The Rock?

I know as a big fan of both The Rock and John Cena I am very excited to see how this all plays out!

Fact of the matter is, Rock, you're a sell-out
Don't bring your crap to MY ring, or I'll have to take the belt out
You can explain it all you like, hell: scream it, yell it, shout it
You're no better than Lesnar, at least he's real about it
"The People's Champion", ha! You left all your fans in the cold
While superstars like me, we -broke- the mould
Run your mouth Rock, go ahead and tell everyone we suck
Think we care? Ha! We don't give a <raises mic>

I dunno, my ad-lib rap kung fu is weak, but still... Chain Gang style Cena or not, a throwback would be awesome. Not full-time, mind you, because as I said in the "Do you really want to see Cena turn hell?"-thread, going back to an old gimmick is rarely a way to make progress. He needs to EVOLVE, not backtrack.

Still... man... it'd be sweet, wouldn't it? :)

Honestly, they should just keep Cena away from the Rock. Cena may be the top guy of this generation, but he is nothing but second rate when compared to the Rock. The only real way I could see Cena coming out of a confertation with the Rock unscathed is if Cena uses the Rock to turn heel, but we all Know that is not going to happen. Cena needs to go out there and not try to make friends with the Rock because Rock will just lay the verbal smackdown on Cena. Cena should come out pissed as hell because an "old dinosaur" is coming back and trying to steal his thunder.

There's two ways I can see this going, and neither is wrong, but both assume Cena wins elimination chamber.

Option A) Cena opens the show hyping his win and addressing The Rock- This option relies very heavily on The Rock not being there and the crowd being pumped about Cena's win at Elimination Chamber. He starts with talking about how he is going to challenge The Miz at Wrestlemania and how the belt will finally be back on a wrestler that deserves it! Then he switches into his slightly serious Cena voice, and begins to talk about The Rock. If there's one guy who can go shot for shot with making jokes with Dwayne Johnson, it's John Cena. He makes fun of The Rock for a while and then Miz comes out and makes the interruption and claims that he's better than both Cena and The Rock. This will lead to some sort of tag team match between Cena and Jerry Lawler/John Morrison/A face vs. Miz and Riley/DiBiase/A heel.

Option B) Cena is given a special segment to address The Rock- This would probably come at the end of the show and it relies on The Rock being there. Cena would come out and cut a similar promo to the one in Option A, first hyping up his win before delving into The Rock and making funny remarks about him, probably calling him The Tooth Fairy. After Cena delivers a few particularly hot burns, The Rock comes out to do some verbal sparring with Cena. They go back and forth for a while and the audience loves it. The problem is that something has to happen in order for this segment to be worthwhile, and I don't see them turning Cena heel this close to Wrestlemania, nor do I see them turning The Rock heel, so neither one will attack the other. The only option is to have them get ambushed by Nexus, The Corre, or Miz and Riley and to have Cena and Rock work together to clear house. After they do they look at each other with a sort of uneasy mutual respect. It would be great, but very unlikely.

Well I can think of something Cena can do in response:

Rock: *Cena bashing promo*

Cena: What's with you guys coming out of retirement?!? You know this is the WWE and not TNA right? *something about the Rock looking for Dixie instead of Vince*

Not exactly there but you guys get the idea. He should lump the Rock in with Hogan and Bishoff (sp?) and Flair. Yes they were all really good back in the day. And they still can do a great promo.

I loved what the Rock did in the Attitude Era. But it is harder to make a strong impression in a PG environment. Will he still own Cena? I think he is suppossed to right now. Will it have a Super-Cena ending? I hope not.

With the youth movement in the WWE and now in TNA to a point, I am sure that Vince wants to garauntee a draw at WM and the main PPVs. It has been a harder year for a number of reasons. You couple that with the resignation of two major WWE employees and it is enough to make any investor nervous.

But hey...who knows for sure....

Would set up monday by having Cena win his elimination chamber then have him go on to win the championship from edge in the Smackdown chamber taking the spot of the "fired" wrestler

On monday have Cena come to the ring and give his opinion on the rock leaving, not scripted but from the heart like the Rocks was. Then have him point out that he is going into WM as the champion and taking on the Miz for his belt and will hold both of them at the same time and main event both shows while the rock is still on Hollywood making him movies.

This would set up a Miz/Cena/Del rio match at Mania to Unify the belts. Cena could dress in black and go back to rapping since he will probably be treated as a bad guy if he goes off on the Rock.

This is a no win for Cena so he might as well embrace the bad guy role and run with it. if him and the Rock have a promo together he can call out the rock for his language and point out it's not the attitude era anymore that most of the fossils from that time are old and retired. Cena can not go good guy to good guy with the rock he will lose and look even weaker then he did on monday night.

Rock not making it in PG era?..I think Monay was a pretty good indication that either he CAN make itwith his own version of PG, or he just shot PG all to hell with his promo...

It all depends on what happens tonight. If Cena doesn't come out of the chamber with a win, the chances of something happening between him and Rock are quite good. But he needs to come out as the ghetto, pissed off, non-overscripted Cena on Raw and match the Rock's intensity. None of this "never give up" and comedy bs.

I kinda feel with how john cena tweeted it sounds like he is gonna come out in his rapper gimmick unless ot was a swerve. He posted got some chain and a lOck from the chamber for tonight, that was a signature thing them so maybe cena is let loose?

Cena's response is going to talk about how he (Cena) "will never turn his back on the WWE the way the Rock did." He will then go on to say how crappy the rock's movie are. He'll also say that if the Rock has something to say, he should say it to his face... Finally, he'll say that stupid "if you want some, come get some" crap....

All the 8 year olds will mark out and say how Cena "destroyed" the Rock. I just really hope that we get some "Rocky Rocky Rocky" chants during Cena's promo.

Cena just basically said on twitter that he's going to come out in his old Basic Thuganomics gimmick tonight. The premise of which I think is awesome, but it's only awesome IF the WWE gives Cena the same freedom The Rock had last week, which unfortunately I think has zero chance of happening. The WWE can't afford to have the golden boy going out there and saying all kinds of naughty words like ass, and bitch because the little kiddes heads might explode. His old theme will hit the arena, and he'll probably get a pretty good pop out of it, but after that I expect to see the same old Cena. I hope I'm wrong though

So I just read John Cena's new tweet and it was pointed towards The Rock. This tweet says that he had a big win last night, but tonight he is ready for the rock. He goes on to say he even grabbed a spare chain and lock of the EC just incase he needed it tonight. So my questions are.

1. Could this be the start of John Cena returning to his more mature rapper style character.

2. Who all wants it to be this return, or do you want him to stay the same.

3. If he does turn and is let loose and told to be himself can he keep up with The Rock.

I would love to hear what everyone thinks, and I for one would love to see John Cena make his go at the rapper character again which made him big, famous, and might I add very very funny.

I think it would probably be wise for WWE to get Cena away from the corny superhuman all american good guy for a while. The only time I could really tolerate Cena was when he was he heel, I'm not saying he should go 100% heel again but at least turn away from his current gimmick. Cena maybe so far gone to the face side that none of the kids will ever boo him, I remember at times when they tried to keep the Rock a heel there was nothing he could say to lose some of the fans.
As far as keeping up with the Rock on the mic, that will only be the case if the Rock allows him to keep up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back