[Merged] Brock Lesnar Discussion **KEEP IT ALL IN HERE!**

stmarks2002

Occasional Pre-Show
Maybe I'm crazy, but I something is telling me that we'll have a Brock Lesnar sighting this Sunday whether it be in the ring during/after the HIAC match or in a backstage capacity with Taker. What do you think?

Mod Note: If you guys reply in this thread, make sure you back up your opinions! Non-spam rules apply here!!

Agreed, if not this Sunday, the next night on Raw.
I remember that i read somewhere that WWE want to announce next years main event a year in advance much like they did with Rock/Cena. I feel/hope Lesnar is competing at next years mania and i think he could work a good fued with just about anyone, preferably Punk or Cena.
Cena fued could be built around Cena being top guy ONLY because Lesnar left.
Punk I want cause he is my current favourite wrestler.

I thought the he would've at least been a surprise entrant in this years rumble; and win, just to challenge Taker instead of going for the belt. A program with Cena would be interesting but what would Cena do or say to Brock? I'm actually a huge Lesnar fan and would love to see him in GREAT program...

As much as I would love this, that moment doesn't pay or get them immediate ratings. It may also be considered taking a chance and giving PPV viewers something special when WWE already has your money.

Again, I hope you're right. I wouldn't even mind a Lesnar run-in into any of the top three matches but I am very skeptical.

I believe Lesnar will pop up in the WWE as a part time performer in the next year and will wrestle at mania next year, but I don't think a run in will happen at this year's mania. It wouldn't make much sense, because such a monumental return would playing second fiddle to The Rock and not be as special as it could.

I'm skeptical as well but I surely wouldn't mind seeing him interfere in the Cena?Rock match; that would really be something and can certainly set something up in the future.

Lesnar appearing out of nowhere isn't out of the realm of possibility (he could just be seen backstage to hint something down the road). But I highly doubt it, I would give it a 1% change of happening. The main reason I say so is not only because of how it wouldn't make financial / viewership sense, but because they're trying to get Lord Tensai over and Brodus Clay's spot is still undefined despite debuting recently. Adding Jericho and Kane's recent re-emergence into perspective, it adds a bit more chaos to the picture to have super over Lesnar appear out of nowhere. It would take the steam away form all four guys mentioned previously.

I sure hope Lesnar returns, but I hope it happens in September, enough time to build for Survivor Series / Royal Rumble.

Brock Lesnar is a signed employee of Ultimate Fighting Championship. Dana White stated when asked about him possibly going to the WWE, "It's a possibility down the road." Four months isn't a long time down a road, it's about a mile. And bringing him back now with all the hype around The Rock vs. Cena would be a waste to begin with, this is why professional wrestling fans don't know how to book, you let what you want cloud your judgement on what's good for business and Brock Lesnar returning at Wrestlemania 28 is bad for business on the given night.

If they were to air a promo for Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania 28 and hype his return, that would be reputable, if they were to build it or have him return as an entrant at the Royal Rumble, that is the smart persons way of bringing him back because even though he is clouded with the embarrassment of leaving wrestling to become a pro-football player before venturing into MMA and eventually flopping, he'd still be welcomed back to and he would draw. So why have him return unannounced or add it to something people would probably pay to see?

Brock Lesnar may eventually return to the WWE, people need to remember this is the guy who got offered scraps to return and in his book wrote about how he felt disrespected by John Laurinitas during a contract negotiation before eventually heading to NJPW. If you believe that bringing Lesnar back will be as simple as making a phone call you are sorely mistaken, sorely idiotic and sorely misguided. He has made his money in MMA, he probably doesn't even need a paycheck at this point, if he returns he'll return when he's bored, considering the guy is married with children and was training for three months before his fight with Overeem, I'd say he could be pretty content with life at this moment minus employment with WWE.

If anything was to happen at all, it would be a very simple thing like a backstage stare-down or maybe he could sit ringside and after the match he and, say Undertaker could very briefly stare at each other, reminiscent of the stare-down at UFC 121 between the two. Nothing has to be said, nothing physical has to take place. If he was to walk out, entrance music and all, it would absolutely steer the attention from anything that had happened before that. So something very simple, something that might even be lost by the more casual viewer but enough to send the die-hard internet smarks into an absolute frenzy would be enough for WrestleMania XXVIII. If he was to make any sort of appearance, I'd absolutely mark the fuck out because a Brock Lesnar return is something I would relish as he was the first guy in the business I became a real fan of when I started watching 10 years ago and I think there is still room for a much older, wiser, most widely known Brock Lesnar in the WWE in this day and age.

Dammit, I was gonna make this thread.

Anyhow, based on what I read a few minutes ago, there's a big rumor going around that WWE is currently in the middle of negotiations for Lesnar to make a surprise appearance at WM this Sunday. At least, that's what F4WOnline.com & PWInsider.com are reporting. Allegedly, sources are saying that the odds are 50-50 that a deal will be reached.

If this is true and a deal is reached, it could be a potentially huge deal. It won't mean much for the WM buyrate, but a Lesnar appearance at WM will only increase what will almost certainly be massive internet traffic after the event itself. It would generate tons of buzz and once people found out about Lesnar and/or saw it at the ppv, it would probably only generate that much more interest in Raw in the hopes that Lesnar will be on the show and, if so, what the deal is.

Raw will probably need all the buzz it can get because the NCAA Championship game is also on Monday night. It'll certainly be Raw's biggest opposition and will draw big numbers I'd imagine, but those numbers will only be bigger depending upon which teams make it to the game.

Well, looks like Vince isn't playing any games with this WrestleMania. He want it to go down as the greatest of all-time.

I would LOVE to see what kind of curveball he throws in one of the main event matches. Maybe Brock comes out and plants Taker with an F5 after his match setting up Brock vs Taker at Mania 29. I really don't know if that would be a wise move there.

Or the one that I'm sure just might happen: Brock screws Rock, allowing Cena to win, setting up Brock vs Rock at WrestleMania 29.

Some people may say that what does Brock have to do with Rock/Cena? Well, what did Mr. McMahon have to do with Rock/Austin at WrestleMania X-7? Seems too much like Deja Vu here.

A mere promo package would suffice, but either one of those options, or just having Brock show up at Mania period would be genius. Simply Genius.

WrestleMania buyrates would probably skyrocket and generate even more buzz for RAW the next night. McMahon is all about beating the competition and what better way to garner so much hype for RAW, especially seeing that it's the RAW after WrestleMania!

WrestleMania buyrates would probably skyrocket and generate even more buzz for RAW the next night. McMahon is all about beating the competition and what better way to garner so much hype for RAW, especially seeing that it's the RAW after WrestleMania!

The biggest event of the year; hell, a step further, the biggest Wrestlemania in several years, how many casual fans are not going to order the event? How many Internet fans aren't going to either order the event or watch it via stream? How many fans in total won't be watching the event?

How, will after the event, buyrates for the event which has already taken place skyrocket? That is why the idea of having Lesnar interfere or even, appear, at all unless it is to promote his return which would then bring in ratings since it was announced beforehand or buyrates if they randomly do it on another pay-per-view, is idiotic and bad for business.

The biggest event of the year; hell, a step further, the biggest Wrestlemania in several years, how many casual fans are not going to order the event? How many Internet fans aren't going to either order the event or watch it via stream? How many fans in total won't be watching the event?

How, will after the event, buyrates for the event which has already taken place skyrocket? That is why the idea of having Lesnar interfere or even, appear, at all unless it is to promote his return which would then bring in ratings since it was announced beforehand or buyrates if they randomly do it on another pay-per-view, is idiotic and bad for business.

Maybe I should've chosen my words a tad better. Maybe the breaking news of Lesnar possibly appearing at Mania will generate even more attention and more buys. I'm not an expert on this stuff ya know.

And just to ask, why would Lesnar appearing at Mania be idiotic and bad for business?

I think that Brock will definitely return to the WWE one day in some capacity but I'm not convinced that he'll be making an appearance on Sunday. If however, after one of the matches has ended, Brock comes over the railing and gives someone an F5 I would be very happy.

Rumors are saying Brock is going to have his return match at Summerslam. That makes perfect sense. Brock is a big time ppv draw which the Rock isn't. Having Brock main event Summerslam would be huge.

I really dont see the point in using him tommorow night. I dont want to see some kind of screwy ending to Cena/Rock or Taker/HHH. And buyrate wise the ppv is already promoted and sold. They should save Brock.

I'll admit, if this is true, i'm pretty damn excited. I mean seriously, we haven't seen Brock in a wrestling since like what, 2004?

I think he's gonna interfere in the Rock/Cena match, give them both an F5 & just leave.

Definitely surprised this was confirmed so quickly but I'm sure he will appear in a backstage segment in a stare down with a legend or young heel.

No offense but that'd be pretty stupid and a huge waste if he came back and the first image of him was having a stare down with a Dolph Ziggler or Miz.

As much as I'd rather see him TRY to screw over Taker, looks like it might be an involvement in the Cena/Rock match.

I've never been so stoked for someone returning in the company. Brock is not only a major draw, but is a phenomenal in ring competitor. Major props to WWE, even though IMO this return to wresting was inevitable.

This guy has shitted on the WWE with every fucking oppurtunity he got. Oh, just how much he hated all the aspects of the business!

Can't believe he came back running to the WWE

I'm sure he will appear in a backstage segment in a stare down with a legend or young heel.

No offense, but this is the worst thing they could ever do with Brock Lesnar. Pairing him with a young guy, right away, means nothing.

He needs a big feud to come back to, and I'm sure he wouldn't have signed to have a feud with someone like Dolph Ziggler, or Wade Barrett.

I'm guessing he goes after Cena or The Undertaker. I'd like to see him go a few rounds with either Punk or Orton, but I doubt that's what happens. Brock's a big deal, and that's how you treat him. He isn't walking through the door to put some random young guy over. Please.

I think it's great Lesnar is back in WWE. It's a one year deal but, I wonder if it will only be rare appearances he makes throughout the year? Or will we actually see quite often throughout the year?

As far as what I hope to see him do....well a taker and lesnar feud seems likely, but I wouldn't mind seeing him feud with someone like the Miz, and even though it's been done before, revive the feud with Cena.

It'll be interesting to see what he does though

I'm guessing he goes after Cena or The Undertaker. I'd like to see him go a few rounds with either Punk or Orton, but I doubt that's what happens. Brock's a big deal, and that's how you treat him. He isn't walking through the door to put some random young guy over. Please.

Everyone is assuming he is coming back and will interfere in the Rock/Cena or the Taker/Trips match. What about the WWE Championship scenario? Maybe he sees CM Punk as an unworthy champion, someone who doesn't look like a stereotypical champion? I think I could mark out over an impending CM Punk/Brock Lesnar program.

Or maybe, he's the guy who was being teased in all of the mystery vignettes that Jericho falsely claimed credit for? A couple of options for who "she" could be.

Or maybe, it's all a bunch of BS and we are all getting worked up over nothing. Maybe Brock is on vacation.

No offense, but this is the worst thing they could ever do with Brock Lesnar. Pairing him with a young guy, right away, means nothing.

He needs a big feud to come back to, and I'm sure he wouldn't have signed to have a feud with someone like Dolph Ziggler, or Wade Barrett.

I don't mean a feud just a simple stare down that means nothing but is basically a throw away, for example this.

[YOUTUBE]BiyXc1afVJw[/YOUTUBE]

It was simple, and basically just a segment in between matches. I'm sure there are more but this is the first that comes to mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back