Brock Lesnar Retires From MMA *KEEP IT ALL IN HERE*

nbieclkl91

Quote the Raven, nevermore.
So Brock Lesnar just lost his match against Overeem and after the match announced his retirement. So with that being said, do you think he's going to return to the WWE? Personally, I do think it will happen.

Well I thought I might get this posted and done with.

As you have seen if you caught the Lesnar Overeem Fight, Brock has now officially retired. Do you see him maybe getting a big money fight at Wrestlemania this year or next?

No doubt Lesnar wont turn down a big money match, so your thoughts?

In the back of my mind i was thinking he could be the 1/2/12 return since i saw his contract was up after this fight and now im leaning towards it more but still will probably be Jericho. I dont think it look good having brock come back with a busted up face after this fight. But yes i think he will be back in WWE now. Better pay day.

So Brock Lesnar just officially retired a few minutes ago. There have been many rumors about a possible return to WWE. This retirement falls perfectly in line with the "Road to Wrestlemania".
Do you think he will make it to WM 28?
I think there is a high probability that he will appear on Raw or even in the Rumble and eventually go on to WM 28.

If so, who do you think he will face?
I think he'll face The Undertaker.

Sorry the other thread was made while I was posting this. Please close or merge.

I do find it weird how that fight went down and how Lesnar was acting leading up to it. Maybe the 1/2/12 promos have been for Lesnar all along...But still, it would be hard for Lesnar to look badass after he just lost 2 UFC fights in a row...Hopefully he does return to WWE though because I'm a huge fan of the guy and he needs to be on tv.

I would love for him to return as I do think he put the water under the bridge with McMahon, since he was in WWE 12..They could give him a few months off and he could redebut the night after Wrestlemania in Miami by knocking off who else The Rock, thus sending him on his way back to hollywood to set up a Cena vs Brock fued. This could get a Cena heel turn, since brock is back most of his UFC fans will start watching agian. Brock can work a light schedule if needed and might even work an undertaker like schedule if Mcmahon wants him back...IM sure he already sent a text to brock saying the door is always open......

Its a no brainer that Lesnar is heading to WWE, he was well aware that his fight with overeem was gonna be a breaking point for his MMA career.
And i think thats why he made business again with wwe this year. He secured his spot in case that this fight was his last.

Ladies and gentlemen, HERE COMES THE PAIN.... again

So, I just finished watching the Lesnar vs. Overeem UFC fight. Lesnar was hit hard in the gut (liver) and was TKO'd halfway through the first round. During his post fight interview he said that he was officially announcing his retirement from MMA. He stated that he promised his wife, kids, and family that if he won he would make his next match (a title match) his last, but if he lost, this would be his last. He lost, and now he is officially retired from UFC, and apparently retired from MMA.

The fact is that Lesnar had several inches of his colon removed last year due to diverticulitis. He said tonight that the last couple of years have been incredibly hard due to the disease. You have to respect this man, and his accomplishments. This was not the Brock Lesnar that taunts fans tonight. He was subdued, apologetic, and appreciative. He congratulated Overeem after the bout, thanked the Fertitta Brothers and Dana White, and then said thank you to the fans.

I have to believe this is a legitimate retirement, unlike many others. I still think Brock is a beast, and in a straight out fight, I believe he could kick just about anyone's ass. Face it, not many people would be dumb enough to pick a fight with him, period. I think his reasoning is legit, and I think that his disease and the weakness in his gut (colon and intestines), not his literal gut, are what brought this retirement on. Brock is a fighter with an incredible amount of pride, and the fact that he can't compete at the top level anymore is his reason for walking away. I respect him for going out on top, or as close as could to on top.

So, the entire point of all of this is very simple. Brock will no longer be bound by a UFC contract, and will no longer be intensely training for heavyweight MMA bouts. Do you think there is any chance that Vince McMahon will offer Lesnar enough money that it would be impossible to refuse a Wrestlemania appearance. Last year we were teased with the idea that Brock Lesnar or Sting could possibly be Undertaker's opponent at Wrestlemania.

Is it possible that WWE could pull off an almost impossible feat and make Lesnar the person behind the 1-2-12 promos? Never say never. For the right money, I wouldn't discount it as possible. Lesnar doesn't need to return full time. All he needs to do is come back and say that he is reclaiming his spot at the top, and he wants one more match to prove it, and that will be against the Undertaker at Wrestlemania.

I know it is a stretch, but his retirement, and the timing of the 1-2-12 date seem to fall in place together very well. It is possible, but highly unlikely that a deal was already done, and Brock intends to finish in WWE. I would say the more likely scenario is that Brock will get a call from Vince McMahon himself with an offer that Brock simply won't be able to refuse. I think Lesnar may very well appear at Wrestlemania as a one time attraction. The only detraction for WWE is that his appearance could very well overshadow Rock vs. Cena, especially if it was against The Undertaker.

I am no smark, and I have no insider knowledge. I am simply a fan. I don't necessarily believe any of what I have said will happen, but it is possible, and as a fan, I will remain hopeful until April 2nd in Miami.

Please, tell me what you think.

He said he'd already told his wife and kids this would be his last fight if he lost, and if he'd won he would have had 1 more. My guess is he knew that months ago, around the time he started building bridges with WWE:shrug:

Could "she" from the 1/2/12 promo's be Sable?;)

If Brock wants to keep the big paychecks coming in he has to go back to the E. I really think that Vince is going to FedEx him a blank check and just say "Alright big man, what's it going to take for you to come back and wrestle 'Taker at WrestleMania?" The idea of that match - Brock's first back in 7 years or however long its been and possibly Undertaker's last - would be enough for me to buy the PPV.

I am in shock, this means that we will now see not only Rock but possibly Lesnar and Jericho on a WrestleMania card. 3 MASSIVE MAIN EVENTS. Vince must be rubbing his magic lamp in awe of what just happened.

Brock has a health condition. I doubt hed be on the road all those days. I can see him doing a lighter schedule though.

Brock is the reason Cena got the ball. Brock was on pace to be the face of the WWE. This can change EVERYTHING. Brock would be over the level of orton if he came back. Might be the face of smackdown, then at a later date raw.

Brock vs Taker? Would be sweet

Of course this is all premature.. With his health, I doubt hell come back at all

I think he'll come back for at least one more match.

...and I think that Brock will face Punk either at a WrestleMania or a Summerslam event. Punk's gimmick is based a lot around tearing down the 4th wall, and Brock would totally give him so much ammunition.

Punk has said that he hates part-timers like how Rock just walks into the main event of 28, and who is more famous for cutting and running as quickly as they could than Brock? Just you wait, if Punk gets his chance to tear into Brock, he'll throw some of his best material at him. There couldn't be a 4th wall in this feud. Punk will bring up the NFL, Cain Valasquez and Overeem, and how he should have just fought the Undertaker at 27.

I think if the WWE brings him back for one last hoo-rah, then it has to be against Punk. Punk would just make that feud awesome, and the match would probably be pretty great, too. CM Punk needs an opponent like this, he needs a feud like this, and a short little Summerslam feud between two Paul Heyman guys is worth the payday to Brock. If he's smart, he'll start calling WWE now to see when it can happen.

regardless of who 1/2/12 (or 2/1/12 (which for Jericho would be a small nod to Canadian band RUSH)as some countries write it), I wouldn't be surprised that Vince wouldn't immediately pull a swerve that it's Lesnar if at all possible. As someone else said, Sable could be the "she." Hell, Vince might even offer to put her in the HoF this year.

Lesnar left WWE cuz he hated the schedule. Now, HHH has put in Vince's mind that part timers are ok. So, he'd give a schedule that was light. 6 months on, 6 months off for hunting and family.

AmJericho Chris Jericho

So obvious the 1/2-02 mystery man is Brock Lesnar. That fight was a joke #ufcisfixed @speewee #memphis
lmfao

I know for sure it won't be him on Monday. When I say "HIM" I mean Brock.

He may make a return occassionally. The deal will have to be beyond awesome to get him back though.

I think Brock is going to come back, but I truly don't believe its anything to do with the 1/2/12 promos at all. There's no way that he's just going to jump straight on to the new ship without taking a bit of time off first. Don't forget, he's a big family man and he's been training for this fight for a while. He's going to want to relax with his family and regroup.

Not only that, what about if he had won? He would have had a match against Junior Dos Santos on the cards. He would have known going in to it that it was going to be his last UFC fight, and he'd have wanted to go out with a bang, focusing on that rather than mixing his schedule with WWE work.

So yeah, I do believe that Brock will now come back to the WWE in a one-time match, but I don't believe he's going to be there on Monday. It's asking too much.

I am in shock, this means that we will now see not only Rock but possibly Lesnar and Jericho on a WrestleMania card. 3 MASSIVE MAIN EVENTS. Vince must be rubbing his magic lamp in awe of what just happened.

There would be an unprecedented amount of hype going into that event. I have little doubt it would be the best selling Mania of all time and it's something that I think Vince really needs to get together, it would be incredible. After the subpar Mania that was last year, this would make up for it 10-fold. I still have my doubts if he comes back this soon, but I have never had more hope for a Brock return and I honestly think he may well play at least some sort of role in Wrestlemania 28.

Now, the 1/2/12 thing might be a little far-fetched, but I would certainly be ecstatic if that were the case. It would be just like WWE and Vince to swerve us into believing all this Jericho hype for this cryptic videos only to have it be an even bigger return with Brock Lesnar. Follow that with a Jericho return at the RR and a win to set up the Punk match at Mania, and I will applaud WWE on a job well done heading into the Road to Wrestlemania.

Oh and to expound on this...I'm drooling at the thought of Lesnar/Taker at WM28 and Lesnar/Cena at WM 29

I was thinking the same thing that it has been planned since the videogame and the worked out a deal for both companies to get as much money out of him as possible!!! Sable could even be the girl in the promo!

I am glad Lesnar is finished with UFC because he never looked all that great except when he destroyed Frank Mir in the rematch.

For one thing, how the hell is it right for Lesnar to get beat in his first match then win a few and get right into the title picture? It was bullshit to me and after getting dominated by Carwin, Velasquez and now Overeem it was a no brainer that Lesnar needed to get out before he embarrassed himself any further.

Sure Lesnar is a world class wrestler in all and a legit monster but he just doesn't have the complete package to be a mma fighter.

Now hopefully he'll FINALLY return to the WWE for a few big matches because he is just the type of big attraction they need right now to bring the product back to main stream attention again. And if he is somehow added to WM 28, it could become the biggest Mania in a long time considering you got Rock vs Cena, Jericho vs Punk (maybe), Undertaker vs hopefully not HHH, and MAYBE the return of the Money in the Bank Ladder Match to Mania.

If they can somehow get Lesnar in too, I for one see this being history in the making!

I was thinking the same thing that it has been planned since the videogame and the worked out a deal for both companies to get as much money out of him as possible!!! Sable could even be the girl in the promo!

How would his image fit into the whole pg era bullish?

Why would PG matter? His style would work fine.

As far as Lesnar goes, he still has a contract with UFC so he would need to get out of it or wait until it expires before coming back.

I think we will see him in the E again but it will be for short amounts of time. He could work PPV's, Raw, Smackdown and big house shows. While taking breaks every so often. His Wrestlemania pay and bonus would pay him more than 3 of his UFC fights.

I hope Brock doesn't feud with Punk. I don't think I could stomach the idea of Punk beating Brock Lesnar. Lesnar is twice the size and just as fast, if not faster. Plus Brock has proven to have actual fighting ability, so losing to Punk in a slow paced match would just be so unrealistic. I can see Punk saying something like "You haven't won a fight in over a year." and the crowd errupts in a "CM Punk" chant. Of course he won't mention the fact that Brock has only fought twice in the last 14 months do to surgery.

Of course he will return to the WWE. Who else is going to pay him? He will no longer be a draw in UFC if he keeps losing. He will get a big check from Vince. Plus, he has many big money feuds with Cena, Orton etc.

But I'm not sure if this is a great trend for the WWE. You are going to have a bunch of guys that walked away from the WWE like a Rock, Lesnar etc... all looking for a WM paycheck and not wanting to work the other shows through out the year. Not to mention they already kind of have that with guys like HHH, Taker, Jericho (if he returns).

Brock went down in an odd way, did he really just want that fight over with? I dunno but I am almost certain that he'll have already had a number of discussions with Vince.

I don't see a one off match situation, Brock is only 34 and would probably like a few more years of nice paydays. I'd say a contract that allowed him to only have to work 5 dates a month would be satisfactory, as there are several big money matches for Brock to have, he wont limit his earning potential to just one.

I just want to point out. There is NO WAY that ITBEGINS was EVER about lesnar lol

He was not just going to randomly lose a fight on purpose and then retire. That is not how brock lesnar is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back