Kane's Return - KEEP IT ALL IN HERE!

I think the whole turning Henry Face is a bad idea, make it Big Show instead. Do the whole "Come to your senses" bit with him and Kane, have Big Show come out and stop a few run ins.

Off-topic About Kane vs Taker III, it's been done to death, including last year. I'm not really liking takers WM candidates (HHH and now Kane). Both have been repetitious, i'd like to see him face Jericho just to see something different,

i think its pretty obvious what will happen with Kane

Kane v Taker III at WM

Simply becaise this will be the last run for both Kane and Taker, so i can see both of them going out against each other at WM

in the past, the majority of "last matches" have been the choice of the person leaving, who else would taker want to have this last match against?

I think Kane should be booked as a tweener character where he attacks heels and faces, so you don't know what side of the fence he is. I would have him take out Mark Henry and the Big Show on Sunday setting up a triple threat match at Royal Rumble. And the big thing for me is that Kane shouldn't talk for a bit, so we have no reason why he's attacking who.

I don't mind if Kane talks or not, he proved during the World Title run that he can cut an amazing promo if given the chance, not Punk or Jericho, but certainly better than most.

That being said, I loved how the return was handled, it was everything it should've been. He got a great pop which died down a bit seemingly from sheer confusion. As soon as I saw him, I "marked" out but then I watched him walk to the ring in a mask that made him look like the predator and I was a little confused by it all, especially when it seemed like he wasn't going to take it off. He looked super bad ass, but I was more confused than anything else and I think the fans in attendance were too. That is, until he took off the silver mask and revealed the true mask.

He looks menacing, no question. I'm not a fan of the flame on the leg, maybe a little more red stitching, but the flame seems... off.

All that said, VERY PSYCHED. I am not thrilled about the possibility of him and Cena. Kane is returning after 5 months out of action and he's masked for the first time in over 8 years. It should amount to a HUGE push, but more often than not, facing Cena results in a hard fought loss, regardless of who Cena is facing. With Cena facing the Rock at Wrestlemania, I can't see Cena really losing. This is what worries me about this possible feud. Unless we see Kane cleanly defeat Cena and then Cena takes another couple losses leading into a heel turn... but because I just don't see Cena turning, I don't like Kane feuding with Cena because it could derail his push before it gets started. It seemed to go over well, so I'm hoping WWE doesn't drop the ball.

I also hope Kane has a legitimate feud at Wrestlemania, maybe with Orton or Sheamus and maybe with the World Title on the line. If anything, he deserves it. No matter how great his push was in 2010, this one has to at minimum match that.

I’m very happy to see Kane return with his mask. After his return on Monday night you could tell he’s reverting back to his monster self that really cemented him as a standout character back in the later 90’s. He looked good, ready and more importantly dangerous. I didn’t mind the Predator style mask if it’s only used for that debut or PPV matches. I don’t think it fits his character enough but it was a good visual and added to hiding his true mask until Cena had been chokeslammed.

Having the hair back and the chin stubble added to his past greatness as Kane. I’m very excited to see Kane in this manner again and I really hope they have him dominate everyone again. He really needs to be super heel though. No alliances with other heels, just pure domination. He needs to annihilate everyone that steps in front of him with no questions. He needs to be silent and destructive. I am definitely keen to see where they go with him. Great return.

His return was good. However, I think it was somewhat lacking without Jr yelling about hellfire and brimstone. To me it has become part of his entrance.

I think Kane is actually going to go after the 3 big Faces because in the last vignette before Kane's Return they quickly flash CM Punk, Orton and Cena but u gotta be quick to catch it. I think he will be on such a rampage terrorising the whole Roster (Both shows) until eventually the Road to Wrestlemania begins and The Undertaker returns as the only man that can stop the Big Red Monster.

Kane's return with the mask was alright if you're into the whole nostalgia thing. If him chokeslamming Cena is a sign of things to come, then I rather would have had the return be after Wrestlemania. If they go with a Cena/Kane feud before WM, it's a lose/lose situation. Cena has to be strong going into his match with Rock and you just can't have Kane come back and lose. I would love a feud between these two, but just not now. I could see Henry losing the belt before WM and have him feud with Kane since he took him out earlier in the year.

I really hope that the chokeslam on cena didnt mean much. I think that kane will go on to face undertaker at wrestlemania, even though i dont want it to happen. I just want to see kane go on a rampage, attacking anyone in sight, until he gets to one man. Sheamus. Sheamus versus kane at wrestlemania would be amazing. Think about it. 2 weeks before elimination chamber, sheamus is scheduled in the world title elimination chamber. Kane comes out during a tag team match featuring other competitors in the chamber match, and destroys all of them. Then he gets to sheamus. But when hes about to destroy him, sheamus hits him with a brogue kick, sending him out of the ring. Kane is flipping out on the outside, but then suddenly becomes calm. Elimination Chamber comes around, and Sheamus comes out of the pods first, but as soon as he gets out, kanes music hits, and kane walks to the ramp and stands there. He gets distracted, and randy orton hits him with an rko, and eliminates him. They have some promos, brawl a little, and agree that wrestlemania, theyre match will be a last man standing match. Agreat way to put sheamus over, by being the one who finally stopped the monster kane.

Did anyone else notice that when he took of the first make there was sum sort of gruntin the the background

Kane's return was a nice moment. It was a good surprise, and the chokeslam on Cena did feel shocking. Kane targeting Mark Henry would've made more sense, because Henry was the man, who put Kane on the shelf, so chokeslaming Cena was a nice swerve. Kane's return was done well, the chokeslam does leave a lot of unanswered questions, and there are plenty of reasons to tune into next week's show. I enjoyed Kane's return, and both of the masks did look pretty cool (especially the Predator style one), but at the same time, I'm not so sure Kane really needs the mask again. We already know what Glenn Jacobs looks like, so the mystique of Kane's identity is gone. Wearing the mask again could provide some nice nostalgia, but a masked Kane really doesn't do anything for me now a days. A feud with John Cena does sound interesting, and this is a great way to keep Cena busy until Wrestlemania 28. A feud with John Cena adds a lot more importance to Kane's return, and he should stay relevant for a while.

Although, Kane's return does kind of scare me, because Kane VS Taker III at Wrestlemania could become a realistic possibility. The cryptic 1/2/12 video screams ANOTHER Taker return, and I would be shocked if we didn't see The Deadman on this day. A potential feud with Cena shouldn't last too long, so Taker and Kane could develop a storyline together. Taker has had a series of good and great matches with Batista, Edge, Shawn Micahels, and Triple H over the years, and a potential match with Kane just sounds disappointing. These two have never been able to deliver that one classic or memorable match, and both men continue to grow older. Kane and Taker are kayfabe brothers, so if this happens to be Kane's last run, I can understand the need of Taker being the one to put Kane down once and for all. It would be a big storyline, and you could say this match deserves a big stage (Wrestlemania). But I doubt Kane and Taker could deliver that one classic. The bar has been set very high for Taker's streak matches, and I would take HHH VS Taker III over Kane VS Taker III any day.

I wonder if they're going to come up with a reason as to why Kane has a mask again. Did he burn himself? Did he spill hot oil all over himself because he slipped working his day job at a fancy restaurant (you guys know what I'm talking about)?

Storyline-wise, it doesn't make any sense as to why he has his mask back. But it sure is fucking awesome, and I have no idea why.

So monday i recorded raw and fell asleep. I watched tuesday and i fucking fast forwarded to the end to the cena match because it was pretty dreadful and i looked and saw kane. so, of course, i rewound.

Here are my thoughts......

At first, I watched like "holy shit" that's cool.
Then, the lack of commentary at the end. Like silence. The crowd was in a sense of awe. Kane in completely new attire and a welding style ironman mask and removed to be wearing his red burned mask with his long hair and everything. It made me slightly uncomfortable to be honest. Not a bad thing at all. I've been a fan of glen since he came in as kane. loved the undertaker. so don't take me as being a younger audience kind of guy. I've been a fan since birth.
But the uncomfortableness, was a great thing. I realized just how "stale" the product has been for a while, with exceptions like mania and punk at mitb.

This is fabolous timing. Masked Kane, the 1/2/12 promos, rock vs cena, possibly jericho vs punk, definite return of the TAKER, maybe a booker t match at mania.

Maybe, just maybe, wwe has gotten shit together and is building to possibly one of the greatest manias of all time, maybe the biggest. But building for one of the best creative years wwe has had in a long time.

Do you agree that the masked kane definitely increased the mystery and intrigue in the product? Perhaps a more edge-of-the-seat kind of thing?
Or am I just somewhat marking out for an attitude era character?
Or, did change really come. Punk wasn't talking about change just for him, he meant something like, edgy cena, masked kane, jericho coming back, good storylines, great promos, upcoming stars in ziggler and rhodes.

Forgive me as this is my first post, but I feel free to agree, disagree, bash me as i despise john cena lol, or whatever your input may be on the topic.

ps. brodus clay = king kong bundy with hair and tattoos?:shrug:

I think Kane coming back with the mask is just a bone thrown to the fans for one more run. Regardless if he has the mask or not, Kane is always considered a threat for a World Championship. He is a big guy, can have interesting feuds, and has no problem with putting guys over. I think the mask is just a nostalgia run for the fans that are clamoring for it.

I don't see him being a realization thing that the product is more edge of your seat. To me and some of the other posters on the forums, the product is some of the most entertaining we have seen in a while. What has done it? A number of things. For one person it's Mark Henry kicking ass. For another it's Zack Ryder getting his opportunity. Others it is Cody Rhodes or Ziggler getting a chance to shine. Me, it's Punk. It's all a matter of taste. I like what I've been watching lately. Going into the new year and WrestleMania, Undertaker will likely be back, Jericho may or may not be back. Brodus Clay could come back. It adds intrigue to us on the forums, and regular fans in regard to Taker.

It will be interesting moving forward to see if the WWE can maybe capitalize on things. Make certain feuds, elevate certain stars. They have the talent on the roster to be solid for a while.

I've always been a Kane fan, but personally I prefer him mask-less. I like Kane better when he talks and you can see his reactions to opponents. That being said, I definitely like his mask better than his original one, since like his 2002-2003 mask, some of his face is exposed and (presumably) he can speak normally. I would definitely like to see Kane have one more World title run before he retires.

its something about that mask. i know people just say its a mask but he seemed unstoppable at times. its weird,yes,its just a mask but it makes him seem more like a monster. thats the kane i always liked. kane and undertaker had great matches. i loved the inferno match. anyways, i know who 1-2-12 is and as always, follow me on twitter for daily thoughts @punk4366
lastly, i expect punk to win tomorrow :)

The Kane i'm a fan of is masked. it just has the added mystique to a character, like kane. i never liked him unmasked, to me it just took the mystery of the kane persona away. Also i think kane needs one more title run before he retires.

I definatey agree that i was time for Kane to get the mask back. Like he said before he went on leave he wasn't feeling like much of a monster. Now he's in way better shape than he has been in a long time, so my feelings are that the old Big Red Monster will go back to his destructive ways soon enough. As for the mask itself I believe it makes him look like the devil's favorite demon.

i love masked Kane!!! I wish he would have kept the mask he had on Raw kinda looked like a jason mask!! Thats the mask i wish he would have kept he looked like a executioner. Regardless though when he didnt speak or feel pain thats the Kain i like!! Is it me or does Kane look smaller!! Not as muscular as before

Watched the video for at least the 10th time again, and every time I get pissed due to the silence from the crowd. It annoys me how mediocre every crowd is.

But anyways, oh yes, things might be more exciting. This is also my problem.

We all love it. Masked Kane, The Rock, Booker T, Jericho. All these people make things exciting, the most exciting in years.

Isn't that a problem? Some of these people were big a decade ago and putting them into the product makes it exciting again. It's a problem because it shows me the only times people care about the product is when you take people who established themselves years and years ago and put them into the show.

Today's wrestlers are so poor, so not over, and so unsuccessful in the scheme of things. It's sad because there is no one to blame either. No competition = no reason to make things exciting.

Kane's character to me is hurt from being unmasked, for a good chunk of my teen years, I always wondered about Kane, he was such an amazing silent pro and antagonist, and up until they made him talk, he just seemed so scary.

I do agree with the above post, WWE is certainly putting on a product that has so many different directions with a mix of comebacks and youth movements, I think we're going to see a really good setup in the next couple years as soon as the youth movement comes full circle and we have a roster that doesn't need retired names to draw big.

I think a lot of the enjoyment is the meshing of old and new that's happening as we see the product finally head in the new direction.

Kane's return was a nice moment. It was a good surprise, and the chokeslam on Cena did feel shocking. Kane targeting Mark Henry would've made more sense, because Henry was the man, who put Kane on the shelf, so chokeslaming Cena was a nice swerve. Kane's return was done well, the chokeslam does leave a lot of unanswered questions, and there are plenty of reasons to tune into next week's show. I enjoyed Kane's return, and both of the masks did look pretty cool (especially the Predator style one), but at the same time, I'm not so sure Kane really needs the mask again. We already know what Glenn Jacobs looks like, so the mystique of Kane's identity is gone. Wearing the mask again could provide some nice nostalgia, but a masked Kane really doesn't do anything for me now a days. A feud with John Cena does sound interesting, and this is a great way to keep Cena busy until Wrestlemania 28. A feud with John Cena adds a lot more importance to Kane's return, and he should stay relevant for a while

When kane went half masked in 2002, the mystique went. Of course kane needs the mask again, his character became stale and the unmasked days had run its course. Kane wearing the mask again does not need to be because he is hiding his face, we have seen plenty of guys look like under a mask from films etc etc etc. Every iconic character who is remembered for his mask like jason myers predator, and kane is the same need the mask. The mask is kane's face basically, unmasked has been seen and done time for a fresh change. Wearing the mask really does inject that truly evil monster gimmick, that every other big man lacks these days. We have never seen masked kane in today's era of wrestling, and with this locker room he could destroy them all

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back