• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TNA iMPACT! LD for 07/01 with Complimentary EZ Pass to Victory Road

Styles just got off a very long period as world champion, and because he's now not in the main event he's being depushed. Guess what; neither is Kurt Angle, Sting or 90% of the rest of the roster they being buried as well?

You're missing the point. Even if they're not in the world title hunt or whatever, they've still been established as main-event level, so they could at least be in the halfway main event on Impact. They were just one of the matches on the show, thrown out there with little thought. If they wanted to further the feud between AJ and Kaz, AJ could've lost to anyone, so why Joe?

As for why they push people from outside the company, it's because they know what the fuck they're doing. They could play it your way and enjoy the fruits on a TV deal on HD-NET, but I don't think it's what most of the fans actually want.

So they should ignore their already established talent and focus on castaways from other companies, just for more viewers? You know, I thought that was a smart move too, originally, but when the outcasts start to take focus away from the guys who need the rub, then the original fans of TNA will be alienated.

You can all say "nice!" to Angle/Pope at victory road, but do any of you think Pope will win and get some momentum? Me neither. But then again, I'm not fan of the Pope so it doesn't bother me one bit that Angle will win.

You're missing the point. Even if they're not in the world title hunt or whatever, they've still been established as main-event level, so they could at least be in the halfway main event on Impact. They were just one of the matches on the show, thrown out there with little thought. If they wanted to further the feud between AJ and Kaz, AJ could've lost to anyone, so why Joe?

Because. It. Is. Fucking. Entertaining.

Get this through your head. Actual fans, (by which I mean people why watch for reasons beyond bitching), really don't give a shit about perceived backstage value. They don't give a shit about who's been here how long. They don't care about who did what 5 years ago, and they sure as fuck don't care what happens at the twenty and sixty minute marks.

What people give a shit about it very simple.

"Is the TV show I am watching entertaining."

AJ against Joe was highly entertaining. It also built both their characters and helped develop a PPV feud. You are electing to bitch about it for reasons that currently remain unclear.

So they should ignore their already established talent and focus on castaways from other companies, just for more viewers? You know, I thought that was a smart move too, originally, but when the outcasts start to take focus away from the guys who need the rub, then the original fans of TNA will be alienated.

Really. Except outside of the failed Monday night experiment there has been 0% evidence of any kind of fan exodus. And yes, of course they promote popular talent in exchange for more viewers... they're a fucking wrestling company?

And for the last time, focus is not off AJ. He was world champion for an age. He's on every single Impact. He has a high profile match on every PPV. Saying he's being de-pushed is absolutely laughable.

You can all say "nice!" to Angle/Pope at victory road, but do any of you think Pope will win and get some momentum? Me neither. But then again, I'm not fan of the Pope so it doesn't bother me one bit that Angle will win.

He doesn't need to win have momentum, he just needs to look strong in defeat

Eh, I didn't see it that way. I thought they did a pretty good job of keeping both guys on a high because of how respectful Angle seemed despite interrupting.

Not sure about that. He comes out there, the fans all start chanting his name, and Pope looks all humble and quiet afterwards. Not bad, but just could have been done better.

GELGARIN'S HERE. The awesomeness is compl--Where the fuck is Tiger? Ah well.

I'm relatively pleased now. I'd better catch up.

Pope doesn't really have much momentum right now anyway. Loosing to Angle wont cost him anything (it's not like it ever costs anyone anything anyway) and they can easily start building him up against after angle shakes his hand at victory road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back